NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
Everyone forgets Brady’s wife at that time made more than he did.
Ppl always say this, but their respective net worths are basically equal.

In any case, both are in the 400m $ range, and I really doubt that a few million here or there was a deal breaker for either.

but why? Is money isn't? I know for sure it's not my money.

Skimming through this thread, I see that some of you are wringing your hands as you are paying Tua yourselves!

I wish I had your kind of money, lol.

No one is saying its there money. Everyone of us that says hes not worth the money realizes that if you pay him that much the REST of the team HAS TO GET WORSE because you cant afford to pay the same kind of players. This is simple math.

Tua was worth a little less than 10M against the cap this year. If he couldnt beat the bills in week 4 or the eagles in weak 7 with the best team ive seen the dolphins have sinc 96, how is he going to win a meaningfull game when we have 40 million less a season to pay supporting players.

This call comes down to whether you think he can put the team on his back and win big games, like Mahomes just did. Like allen did vs Us 2 games this season, Like when Jacksons slapped us in the face this season.

I may not be qualified to say this, but judging by the past (the last 4 seasons) he is not worth 20% of the cap REGARDLESS of the going rate on QBs. If he couldnt win a big game this season with this team then he cant win a big game with a LESSER team.

No one is saying its there money. Everyone of us that says hes not worth the money realizes that if you pay him that much the REST of the team HAS TO GET WORSE because you cant afford to pay the same kind of players. This is simple math.

Tua was worth a little less than 10M against the cap this year. If he couldnt beat the bills in week 4 or the eagles in weak 7 with the best team ive seen the dolphins have sinc 96, how is he going to win a meaningfull game when we have 40 million less a season to pay supporting players.

This call comes down to whether you think he can put the team on his back and win big games, like Mahomes just did. Like allen did vs Us 2 games this season, Like when Jacksons slapped us in the face this season.

I may not be qualified to say this, but judging by the past (the last 4 seasons) he is not worth 20% of the cap REGARDLESS of the going rate on QBs. If he couldnt win a big game this season with this team then he cant win a big game with a LESSER team.
While I disagree with the premise that his entire career has already been defined as "can't win the big game", the point about the money is true.

I don't think it is a case of ppl acting like it's their money. They just realize that if you pay, what they consider, an overall average QB top $, there will be detrimental consequences down the road.

Opinions vary on Tua, and some of the concerns are legitimate, IMO.

The flip side is that, sure, everyone would love to have a Mahomes type QB, but they are few and far between.

I don’t think Buffalo is remotely worried about anything pertaining to Josh Allen.

You don’t reside in reality.
I'm residing in reality thanks.

I think they should be worried. This coming season is the first when his cap hit really kicks in and they have not made a Super Bowl yet. The talent level should be dropping if going by what a lot of people are saying in this thread so their job just got a whole lot harder.

Allen is a running QB going into his 7th season, sooner or later those legs are going to give out. Father time is undefeated, it happens to everyone. He might have 1 or 2 more years of being the kind of run threat he is right now.

He didn't carry Buffalo anywhere this season, they took the ball out of his hands and the defence carried them into the playoffs. There is a reason they went run heavy for the last 5 or 6 games, they couldn't trust Allen to stop turning the ball over from in the pocket.

Any smart Buffalo fan should be getting a smidge worried.

I think they should be worried. This coming season is the first when his cap hit really kicks in and they have not made a Super Bowl yet. The talent level should be dropping if going by what a lot of people are saying in this thread so their job just got a whole lot harder.

Allen is a running QB going into his 7th season, sooner or later those legs are going to give out. Father time is undefeated, it happens to everyone. He might have 1 or 2 more years of being the kind of run threat he is right now.

He didn't carry Buffalo anywhere this season, they took the ball out of his hands and the defence carried them into the playoffs. There is a reason they went run heavy for the last 5 or 6 games, they couldn't trust Allen to stop turning the ball over from in the pocket.

If Bills fans should be worried what should Dolphins fans be after watching our 6 week/2nd Half/4th qtr collapses?!

Bills fans might be worried, but they definitely aren't worried about the Dolphins.
whats i have routinely said, is I have not seen 1 bills, Patriots, or Jets fan that is scared of us resigning Tua. not 1 is like I hope they dont lock him up for 50 million a season for the next 5 years. Infact the bills fans on twitter say they HOPE we sign Tua for 50+M a season.

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING

Go check out that 60 yard laser he threw to Diggs that him in the hands against KC and Diggs dropped and then tell me Buffalo has a Josh Allen problem.

Buffalo has a Stefan Diggs problem, Buffalo has a Von Miller problem, Josh Allen at $47M is bargain.

Dude lead the NFL in combined TD's, WTF you talking about?

Go check out that 60 yard laser he threw to Diggs that him in the hands against KC and Diggs dropped and then tell me Buffalo has a Josh Allen problem.

Buffalo has a Stefan Diggs problem, Buffalo has a Von Miller problem, Josh Allen at $47M is bargain.

Dude lead the NFL in TD's, WTF you talking about?
What about the laser he threw to Diggs in the game against the Dolphins that was 10 yards over his head when Diggs was WIDDDDEEEE open and a walk in touchdown if he hit him?

This is the problem with Josh Allen, people fall in love with these wonder throws without taking into account all the other easy throws that he misses, or the arm punts he launches routinely.

He led the league in touchdowns because he steals all the goal line carries from his running backs but now "total touchdowns" seems to have become a QB stat just to push the narrative for running QB's.

whats i have routinely said, is I have not seen 1 bills, Patriots, or Jets fan that is scared of us resigning Tua. not 1 is like I hope they dont lock him up for 50 million a season for the next 5 years. Infact the bills fans on twitter say they HOPE we sign Tua for 50+M a season.

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING
That they don't watch all the Dolphins games and only watch the Sport Center highlights?

If your QB is going to give you a 100 passer rating over the course of a season you are going to win a lot of games and be in the playoff running every season.

Both sides will position and use the media as a negotiating tool. It’s normal. But even as a Tua supporter, I hope we don’t go anywhere near 55m.
Same. I want him re-signed and I'm not really bothered what the AAV is, as long as the guaranteed is in line with the top 10-5 I'll be happy. It's like Tyreek's $30M AAV deal with the Dolphins to make him the highest paid WR, except he's not really getting that as there is no way he sees the $43.9M salary in the final year of that deal.

That they don't watch all the Dolphins games and only watch the Sport Center highlights?

If your QB is going to give you a 100 passer rating over the course of a season you are going to win a lot of games and be in the playoff running every season.
and yet we lost to every playoff team but 1 this season and only scored over 20 points once this seson to playoff teams with the BEST OFFENSE weve had since 95-96. That should tell you something

Back
Top Bottom