NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
About paying him like he’s Allen or Mahomes sure. Ya.

Because we’re Dolphins fans we have to pretend he didn’t miss on his opportunities at the end of the year to at least win the division?

Reality only for me.

Mahomes and Allen are like the 8th and 9th highest paid qbs, I’d jump up and down if Tua signed for either of those contracts.

$55 mill ain’t gonna happen.

Well it might. You might get that big number but not get the guaranteed money which would be stupid on Tua’s camps part. It would not surprise me though.

I get your point, but this does affect fans. Greedy owners and players are the reason why NFL merchandise, game tickets, and concession prices are WAY more expensive than what is logical. I don't even want to know how much a ticket for the Super Bowl would cost. No football player should be getting $50 million per year to play a game that school and college kids play for free. To be fair, I feel the same way about movie stars getting that kind of money to make a movie. However, if I want to see that movie it only costs a few bucks to rent, or maybe $20 to see it in a theater, while a football fan has to pay hundreds of dollars to see the game at the stadium.

I went to one NFL game 8 years ago (Miami at Philly) because my BIL gave me three box seat tickets. If I remember correctly, I paid $11 for a slice of pizza. Now I understand that there are a lot of stadium employees that need to be paid, but $11 for a slice of pizza is IMO legalized theft.
Hey, I appreciate the viewpoint, however. S Ross owns a company that is worth $60 Billion, his companies profit was $4.1 Billion. Now to all of us, except Vaark, $4.1B is huge, yet in reality, it is only 8%. So when he looks at the Fins, he would be looking at making at least 8% on his investment. Also the players will push for their piece of the pie. Mentioning, "piece of the pie", ask Leroy Hoard about the sacrifices he made to play the "game", it is no longer a game, it is a business. Frankly it has been a business for a long time, ask Larry Csonka how he ended up with the Washington Redskins with no OLine.

Football, Music, Movies, are all entertainment, and not a necessity for everyday life, and is quite different to price gouging during a hurricane, $1000.00 for a $300.00 generator. So as far as the pricing is concerned, it's to bad that the prices are what they are, but they are. Honestly I cannot see myself paying that much money for a football game, when I can go see Clay Millican stomp on the loud pedal.

Also one more thing, I do agree that it is a shame that much of the fanbase is getting frozen out, and most of the average folks make big sacrifices "credit cards", to go. But it is the way it is, and frankly, much of the world is the same, $80,000.00 for a pickup truck, yup, things have changed.

The Ever Buying My GMC Pickup For 10K In 1986 VIPER

PS I still have the truck

About paying him like he’s Allen or Mahomes sure. Ya.

Because we’re Dolphins fans we have to pretend he didn’t miss on his opportunities at the end of the year to at least win the division?

Reality only for me.
Read post #133 in this thread by @ANUFan. He posted a tweet by CK. It talks about how you shouldn’t really compare QB contracts signed at different times. I will also add something I’ve said in other posts, it doesn’t really matter what the annual average value is. What matters is the guaranteed money and the way the contract is structured.

Where’s the party!?

Hulk Hogan Beer GIF by SB Nation

My buddy had one. Good time with tons of good food and drink

Next year we will fly you in for it :cheers:

I'm not paying him this year. Wait and see if it's more of the same stuff next season....plays small in big games, late season collapse, turnovers the ball too much. And if it is then we move on.

I understand guaranteed money is the key here.

However, looking at it this way, comparing salary caps for years of extension.

Herbert was roughly 23.4% of the teams cap.

Burrow was roughly 24.5% of the cap.

Tua, at 55 per would come in at 22.9% of the cap.

So unless Miami weirdly backloads their contract. Assuming it's structured similarly to Burrow or Herbert's contract.

Then, in essence, Tua would actually hurt the cap less then Herbert and Burrow.

So, its not about who makes more.

If we're worried about the effect on the cap, then there should really be no complaints as his cap effect would be less then some of the other tip guys.

One could argue getting the QB who led the league in passing and was the #1 and #5 rated passer the last 2 years, with a cheaper cap hit, is actually a bargain comparatively speaking

Very good analysis and post! Appreciate the breakdown.

I'm not paying him this year. Wait and see if it's more of the same stuff next season....plays small in big games, late season collapse, turnovers the ball too much. And if it is then we move on.
The whole team played small in big games. Everyone said let's see him get through the year uninjured, he did that. Now we just need to see if he improves in the other areas. No matter which way you look at it, he is getting paid if Daniel Jones is any example.

Back
Top Bottom