NFL Prospects Dolphins have met with 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Prospects Dolphins have met with 2020

Don’t think it means jack ****

I think it does, especially for those that are not expected to be drafted. Gives the non draftable players and front office an idea on what both are like.

Depending if we trade up or not I see no problem with getting a difference maker in the late 1st preferably early 2nd for a RB. I mean Taylor. Dobbins and Swift look like un-bustable as you can get. We need to hit on these picks. I mean are we going to draft another Misi? Harris? We aren't drafting them like they are Gurley or Elliott someone with, top 5 or 10 pick. I am sick of blah ass play makers. We can get OL in FA but your not getting a fresh legged stud like these guys at RB other than paying 10 mil for Henry.
The funny thing is we have had as many elite RB's as QB's in the last 20 years. One. Yes I know RB's don't win Championships but you can say that for any position except QB.

Last edited:
I think it does, especially for those that are not expected to be drafted. Gives the non draftable players and front office an idea on what both are like.
I’ll say it matters on lower caliber guys but the top tier meetings or lack thereof is smoke screen stuff. There’s always a story or three about a play r who had no idea a team was even interested and some that knew the team wanted him.
If you think Miami’s cold shoulder to Tua wasn’t planned I’d disagree.

Last edited:
You never know when a guy will slide; you never know when a guy may be drafted by team A, fail there, be released, and become available on waivers. Also, these guys will all be free agents in 4-5 years. Never hurts to meet with guys and get a feel for them. This process doesn't end in April.

• MIA.gif
    Miami Dolphins
  • Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (COM)
  • Luq Barcoo, CB, San Diego State (EW)
  • Zack Baun, 3-4OLB/OLB, Wisconsin (COM)
  • DeeJay Dallas, RB, Miami (COM)
  • Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
  • Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
  • J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (COM)
  • Kevin Dotson, G, La.-Lafayette (EW)
  • Austin Edwards, DE, Ferris State (EW)
  • Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (COM)
  • Carter O'Donnell, OT, Alberta (EW)
  • John Reid, CB, Penn State (EW)
  • Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (COM)
  • D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (COM)
  • Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (COM)
  • Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (COM)
  • Calvin Throckmorton, OT/G, Oregon (EW)
  • Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama (COM)
Source:

Not on this list, I have also heard the team met with Tua. Heard they played it close to the vest which means they don't want to tip their hand in terms of how interested they are in drafting him. Also heard from Chase Young (not directly, but he tweeted it) that the Dolphins met him too.

There may be some players they didn't meet with that aren't on this list because they don't want to tip their hand I'm excited they met with Jonathan Taylor. He is my favorite back in this draft and it would be so awesome if we could land him.
Thanks for posting. Is this an old list? We know they met with Tua, pretty sure they met with Burrow and they had to have met with Herbert. Are they updating the list?

Thanks for posting. Is this an old list? We know they met with Tua, pretty sure they met with Burrow and they had to have met with Herbert. Are they updating the list?

This was from the combine, they did all teams it’s possible they missed a couple.

Lots of Olinemen and running backs in the list though which is interesting and good to see.

Interesting list, I wonder what we can read into this. If you look at the list there are only 4 players really that could, 2 OT's Wills and Thomas, 2 RB's Taylor and Swift. You can argue though that both the running backs aren't going in the first either. So the focus appears to be on lower round guys. No QB's on that list. This is obviously part of the smoke screen, bu the lack of names there that you would think Miami would be at least assessing in round 1.

Interesting list, I wonder what we can read into this. If you look at the list there are only 4 players really that could, 2 OT's Wills and Thomas, 2 RB's Taylor and Swift. You can argue though that both the running backs aren't going in the first either. So the focus appears to be on lower round guys. No QB's on that list. This is obviously part of the smoke screen, bu the lack of names there that you would think Miami would be at least assessing in round 1.

IIRC, teams are allowed to bring in a number of players to team facilities. Maybe they're not meetng with players they know they'll be bringing in.

Every year, the teams try to get more and more clever about masking who they have interest in. Clearly the list of whom they have met with is one of the largest indicators.

The easiest way to tell knowing that our GM and HC are apples on the BB coaching tree is to look at Pats draft history vs the final list of who they met with.

Heres who the Patriots met with in 2019 :

QUARTERBACK
Will Grier, West Virginia
Daniel Jones, Duke
Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

WIDE RECEIVER
A.J. Brown, Ole Miss
David Sills, West Virginia
Gary Jennings, West Virginia

Marquise Brown, Oklahoma
Riley Ridley, Georgia
Andy Isabella, UMass
Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
Hunter Renfrow, Clemson

N'Keal Harry, Arizona State
Miles Boykin, Notre Dame

Nsimba Webster, Eastern Washington
Mecole Hardman, Georgia
Jalen Hurd, Baylor

TIGHT END
Noah Fant, Iowa
Irv Smith Jr., Alabama

Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
Kaden Smith, Stanford
Isaac Nauta, Georgia

OFFENSIVE LINE
OT Kaleb McGary

SAFETY
Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State

CORNERBACK
Joejuan Williams, Vanderbilt

LINEBACKER
Blake Cashman, Minnesota
Terez Hall, Missouri

DEFENSIVE LINE
DE Jalen Jelks, Oregon
DE Zach Allen, Boston College
DT Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame
DT Kingsley Keke, Texas A&M

Of their 10 picks. They did not meet with SEVEN players they drafted based upon the official list. They had three third round picks and met with NONE of them. They had two 4th round picks and only met with one of them Stidahm the QB. They met with their first and second round picks.

Bump, Just wanted to get a perspective as we head into Free Agency. I have never seen a time when I knew less about what this team is going to do.

Depending if we trade up or not I see no problem with getting a difference maker in the late 1st preferably early 2nd for a RB. I mean Taylor. Dobbins and Swift look like un-bustable as you can get. We need to hit on these picks. I mean are we going to draft another Misi? Harris? We aren't drafting them like they are Gurley or Elliott someone with, top 5 or 10 pick. I am sick of blah *** play makers. We can get OL in FA but your not getting a fresh legged stud like these guys at RB other than paying 10 mil for Henry.
The funny thing is we have had as many elite RB's as QB's in the last 20 years. One. Yes I know RB's don't win Championships but you can say that for any position except QB.
I agree here. All this talk that you don't draft a RB or a WR before day 3 is BS. Those are the guys that score points for you. Not saying we need to draft a RB in the 1st round but with all our picks I don't want to miss out on a top RB so if we draft one in the 2nd round I'll be fine with it.

So they didn't meet with Love then? That list has a lot of great prospects, I'm surprisingly we're not gonna take ANY of those guys?

Back
Top Bottom