NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol

Clear case to those that don’t dig deeper and research the entire situation.

You’re behaving just like the Nat’l media who overreact while only knowing part of the story. It’s like reviewing a book or movie having only read cliff notes or seeing the trailer.

You saw that one play but clearly didn’t pay attention to what happened to Tua on the QB sneak at “around” 4:48 of Q1.

Go back and re-watch that play and focus solely on Tua then get back to us.

Because he clearly tweaked his back on the play. He was bent backwards and fumbled the ball due to the pain. As the pile was separated you can see Tua lying on his back awkwardly on top of a defender in obvious pain. As he rolls off the defender he clearly reaches for his lower back.

When you marry that with what happened on the illegal hit and how he landed full force on the same general area — it’s not a huge stretch to believe that his lower back was the main culprit.

While his head does snap back and hit the ground also, assuming that was the reason for his instability is, well, assuming. To double down by claiming you know for sure it was concussion related is just downright ignorant. You don’t know that for sure.

What we do know for sure is, Tua did tweak his back early in the game then fell full force on the same area. He then was evaluated by medical doctors, including an independent party not affiliated with the Dolphins, and cleared their concussion protocols.

Unless you have good suspicion to disbelieve the events that transpired a quarter earlier — which you can re-watch with your own eyes — AND to disbelieve the words of Tua Tagovailoa himself who stated that his lower back locked up on him, you are firmly grasping at straws with this conspiracy theory.

To be clear, I’m not stating that I know everything either. But when weighing ALL the info we have access to and not just the snap shot of a single play — the idea that his lower back was the main issue certainly seems to be a possibility.
I actually mentioned the back injury in that same post. No doubt he injured his back. I'm just saying I think he was staggering due to a head injury.

I actually mentioned the back injury in that same post. No doubt he injured his back. I'm just saying I think he was staggering due to a head injury.

That’s fine, you can think all you want. But given all the available info at this time and not knowing anything behind the scenes — labeling the Dolphins and Tua as liars isn’t justified at all and is IMO taking things too far.

Even if you end up being proven right, there’s nothing to suggest that’s the case at this time.

I think you guys could go to the SB.
Well the road to the Super Bowl runs through Buffalo until anyone proves otherwise. Let's say by some luck and grace we sweep Buffalo, the odds of beating a division rival twice is low, three times is worse.

This Miami team is doing what a good team needs to do to win but they are still a young team. That Buffalo team is playing like a team that got shafted out of their birthday and wants retribution for it.

That’s fine, you can think all you want. But given all the available info at this time and not knowing anything behind the scenes — labeling the Dolphins and Tua as liars isn’t justified at all and is IMO taking things too far.

Even if you end up being proven right, there’s nothing to suggest that’s the case at this time.

Yeah, the problem is by speculating they lied about this, a situation can occur.

Tua could have been fine, no symptoms, passed the protocol.

However, symptoms can arise days later.

They could have been 100% truthful, but if he develops symptoms on Tuesday, it will only enhance the accusations they lied which could lead to problems.

Yeah, the problem is by speculating they lied about this, a situation can occur.

Tua could have been fine, no symptoms, passed the protocol.

However, symptoms can arise days later.

They could have been 100% truthful, but if he develops symptoms on Tuesday, it will only enhance the accusations they lied which could lead to problems.

The injury to his lower back which occurred before the play in question and is on video for all to see certainly gives them plausible deniability. As does Tua’s own words.

If he’s telling the doctors his lower back is where he experienced discomfort and/or pain and he passes concussion protocols — what else do they have to go on?

This doesn’t seem so controversial and complicated to me.

Meanwhile you’ve got the Chargers keeping Justin Herbert in the lineup the entire game despite being down 28 points and having the rib injury he has.

Why isn’t that situation being investigated and discussed equally? I mean, since player safety is such a large concern nowadays…..

Like the penalties they impose — the NFL’s subjective interpretation and arbitrary application of their own guidelines and rules is a joke.

Last edited:
The injury to his lower back which occurred before the play in question and is on video for all to see certainly gives them plausible deniability. As does Tua’s own words.

If he’s telling the doctors his lower back is where he experienced discomfort and/or pain and he passes concussion protocols — what else do they have to go on?

This doesn’t seem so controversial and complicated to me.

Meanwhile you’ve got the Chargers keeping Justin Herbert in the lineup the entire game despite being down 28 points and having the rib injury he has.

Why isn’t that situation being investigated and discussed equally? I mean, since player safety is such a large concern nowadays…..

Like the penalties they impose — the NFL’s subjective interpretation and arbitrary application of their own guidelines and rules is a joke.

Excellent point on Herbert

Well as for someone that suffers from lower back issues from time to time, I can say that there has been times that my back went out while doing simple things like making my bed and the first thing that gives out is my legs. I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes. Not saying that's what happened to Tua, but it's possible.
And then 20 minutes later you shook it off and went out to play a football game.

Because playing through rib pain isn't classified anywhere near the importance of head trauma.

But it does fall under “player safety”.

Differentiate all you want, keeping an injured player in a game that’s unwinnable (down 28 w/ under 5 to go) -
and subjecting that player to more physical contact is not only is brain dead it doesn’t give the appearance that the coaches and league are serious about the safety of its players — as they try to preach.

That’s the point.

And for the umpteenth time — Tua didn’t have head trauma. He passed all protocols. You’re just assuming that he did.

Furthermore, if Tua was sent back into the game down 28 points a lot more people including myself would take issue with it.

I sure hope it's not Teddy's game on Thurs, but it wouldn't surprise me. Only thing he may use the ridicule he's getting to actually give a **** and play like he wants to.

Because playing through rib pain isn't classified anywhere near the importance of head trauma.

Ridiculous post.

One has confirmed cartilage damage.

The other involves a conspiracy theory, which is evidenced by your post, of head trauma when he cleared protocol and all involved people say it was a back injury.

Of you're the NFLPA and claim to care about player safety, you should be all over the Herbert situation.

Point and case why Bills Mafia has disowned you thus you riddle our boards with your incoherent babble.....because you have no other platform.

Have considered this for a LONG time.

Welcome to my two person ignore list.

You and the clown.

Addition by subtraction.

Buh bye.
No one cares about your ignore list. We actually need an ignore button for posts that discuss their ignore lists. Sounds so whiny. Bill fan here took it like a man, just enjoy the win and fantastic start to the season.

Back
Top Bottom