NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol

TO ALL THE PROFESSIONALS WHO THOUGHT HE WAS CONCUSSED HE'S NOT IN CONCUSSION PROTOCOL SO PLEASE LET THIS HORSE RIP!!! AND TO THE BILLS FANS TAKE THE L LIKE THE DOLPHINS DID THE PREVIOUS 7 TIMES.. SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS AND DAMN THIS SHOULD BE A NON-ISSUE CONSIDERING WHO THE QB IS BUT I GUESS THE REALITY OF BEING WRONG IS TO TOUGH TO ACCEPT. PHINZ UP!!!!

lol Josina Anderson apparently thinks we should take her assessment of Tua's injury at face value since she once suffered a head injury, not because she played contact sports, but because she once had a 'piece of luggage hit her head upon an airplane'

AMAZING

Cuba Gooding Jr really is a chameleon, isn't he?

Again, read.

Heed your own advice.

And furthermore, stop being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Because that’s all this nonsense is at this point. You’re doing it with multiple different people. And will be sure to argue this post too.

End game is, you’re wrong.

As you were….

You just saw a team come back from 21 down in the 4th last week. I agree that it's a dumb move on the coach's part for the rest of their season potentially but if he shouldn't be playing at the end, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Your arguments keep getting worse and worse.

MIA was down 21 early in Q4 and then only down 14 with “around” 12 minutes remaining.

The Chargers were down 28 with under 5 remaining yet Herbert was still out there taking hits.

This is just more nonsensical arguing for the sake of arguing. And, again, you’re 100% wrong.

The independent neurologist could be mistaken or simply an idiot.

That said, impressive if Tua came back and played like that after a concussion.
If the team doctors and the independent Neurologist can't get this right, then there is little reason to trust the entire process. Two groups of professionals should be able to get a standard operating procedure correct, independent of one another.

Disagree. Once the game looks like they can’t come back, take him out...sooner even if he’s not effective. Herbert’s not coming back from 28 down. Get him out and a little extra rest, and minimize chance at worsening his injury. Whether he wants to play or not.

Doesn’t mean it should be investigated.

You’re spot on. And soxfan knows it. He just clearly likes to be antagonistic and take an opposing view no matter how ridiculously bad the argument is.

Comparing the Chargers being down 28 with under 5 to go to the Dolphins comeback against Baltimore is as disingenuous as it gets. Or at the very least ignorant.

As to your point about investigating the Herbert situation, it should be a no-brainer if the league and NFLPA is serious about player safety. But we know from their actions that they aren’t.

The Herbert situation was obvious enough that, according to Mike Greenberg, over half of the 20 or so postgame questions directed to Chargers HC Brandon Staley were regarding Herbert’s injury and remaining in that game. And Staley never provided a legit answer.

But the NFLPA is gonna investigate the Tua situation — who was ok’d by an independent party — and not the Herbert situation who was left in the game due to his team’s selfish interests? Yeah, that sure makes sense.

And people need to stop with the head trauma separator nonsense. Player safety is player safety.

I actually mentioned the back injury in that same post. No doubt he injured his back. I'm just saying I think he was staggering due to a head injury.
As someone who has suffered from debilitating back issues and spasms, I can say I fully understand why Tua staggered the way he did. When that lower back locks up on you, your whole body seizes up.

TO ALL THE PROFESSIONALS WHO THOUGHT HE WAS CONCUSSED HE'S NOT IN CONCUSSION PROTOCOL SO PLEASE LET THIS HORSE RIP!!! AND TO THE BILLS FANS TAKE THE L LIKE THE DOLPHINS DID THE PREVIOUS 7 TIMES.. SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS AND DAMN THIS SHOULD BE A NON-ISSUE CONSIDERING WHO THE QB IS BUT I GUESS THE REALITY OF BEING WRONG IS TO TOUGH TO ACCEPT. PHINZ UP!!!!

:dead:

I was instantly reminded of Tommy Hearns when he was getting off the canvas against Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard and Iran Barkley.

I'm not buying the back injury stuff. Far more often than not that type of reaction would be related to a head injury, especially since there were multiple periods of abnormality, they all looked the same, he never reached for his back or anything related, and every one of the variables suggested head injury including the oft replayed head thump.

Yeah, I know...outliers. The ever popular outliers. Meanwhile if this had happened to a quarterback on another team I guarantee some of the ones scrambling for the outlier rationale would be matter of factly assessing it had to be related to a head injury. I learned long ago that fanaticism attaches and overrides regardless of topic or occupation.

There is a long history of back problems within my family, including myself and often related to sciatica, which is not always concentrated in the back but rather runs from the butt down the leg to the foot. Regardless, when it shows up the default is to reach for the back.

There's just too much of a parlay component to believe that wasn't related to a head injury. It wasn't one aspect alone suggesting head related. They all trend that way...what he did and what he didn't do. That's a multiplier effect and essentially a parlay, meaning it's an even greater burden to dismiss as a low percentage outlier.

As others have emphasized it can be head related but not a concussion to the point he wouldn't pass protocol. When I was a USC student that program was very early to test for concussions on the sideline during games because there had already been issues with Charles White and others. I remember lots of guys being cleared then sent back out. They probably were too lenient in those days, based on what happened to Charles White later in life.

Too much being made of this now. When it actually happened was when ppl were suprised and had opinions. 24rs later? Yup. All about opinions. It's nearly Wednesday. Move on. Tua is fine. Thats the main thing regarding his health. Trust the protocol and system. Let whoever is investigating do their thing. Move on.

Man you hope so! The league probably doesn't like what they're seeing in Miami.

Would it really surprise anyone if they "found" something?
Im sure Belicheat is behind some kind of memo.

Let them love to hate Miami once again. With the toughness these guys are showing, they’re gonna love-hate us all season long.

Back
Top Bottom