NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLPA to investigate Tua's return from concussion protocol

At the end of the day, to publicly announce you are "investigating" this matter....
The NFLPA publicly states that Tua, Coach McDaniel, the Dolphins medical Staff and the Independant neurologist who cleared Tua are all LIARS.

When it turns out, it was just a back injury, will the NFLPA Have enough integrity to publicly announce they were wrong and apologize to all involved parties?

Non-story really, if it was a concussion he wouldn't have come back in. Passed concussion protocol and was clearly already dealing with a back issue after the earlier QB sneak (please don't do those anymore by the way).

Nothing will come of this but it's a fun talking point for talking heads and allows a little soap box moralizing which is always fun for some of these less than moral D-bags, exactly like the NFLPA.

Do you think an independent neurologist is going to risk their career and license to clear ANY player that doesn’t pass testing?

The independent neurologist could be mistaken or simply an idiot.

That said, impressive if Tua came back and played like that after a concussion.

No one cares about your ignore list. We actually need an ignore button for posts that discuss their ignore lists. Sounds so whiny. Bill fan here took it like a man, just enjoy the win and fantastic start to the season.
I care about it, so that's someone. And their is an ignore button, hence the foundation for the discussion. Crying about someone being "whiny". Perfect leverage.

Also, that Bills fan has far from taken anything like a man. You must be new around here.

I am enjoying myself, quite a bit actually, thanks for the advice.

The independent neurologist could be mistaken or simply an idiot.

That said, impressive if Tua came back and played like that after a concussion.
Now THAT could be an issue. I would doubt it.

But at the end of the day I just think there is a lot more the NFLPA needs to be investigating before their slight hand wave at player safety.

You want to investigate ANYthing about player safety how about you as a PA do a complete detailed investigation on how the Thursday Games affect the health of your union.

I care about it, so that's someone. And their is an ignore button, hence the foundation for the discussion. Crying about someone being "whiny". Perfect leverage.

Also, that Bills fan has far from taken anything like a man. You must be new around here.

I am enjoying myself, quite a bit actually, thanks for the advice.
Cool, glad you are good bro. Been around for a while, the Bills fan here has been fine in my book, no troll just talking some football. Go Dolphins!

Ridiculous post.

One has confirmed cartilage damage.

The other involves a conspiracy theory, which is evidenced by your post, of head trauma when he cleared protocol and all involved people say it was a back injury.

Of you're the NFLPA and claim to care about player safety, you should be all over the Herbert situation.
If you bothered to read, you'd see that I conceded that it is likely a conspiracy theory. What's ridiculous is that you think the NFL cares about a guy with injured ribs. They don't. Guys play through pain and injuries every game. They don't play through concussions. They care about head trauma, so you can see why they may want to investigate that. Saying the NFL should investigate the Chargers over Herbert is ridiculous. Herbert isn't being forced to play. He's choosing to play. If he couldn't then he wouldn't.

If you bothered to read, you'd see that I conceded that it is likely a conspiracy theory. What's ridiculous is that you think the NFL cares about a guy with injured ribs. They don't. Guys play through pain and injuries every game. They don't play through concussions. They care about head trauma, so you can see why they may want to investigate that. Saying the NFL should investigate the Chargers over Herbert is ridiculous. Herbert isn't being forced to play. He's choosing to play. If he couldn't then he wouldn't.
To be real, the NFL don’t care about head trauma either…they just worry about it Impacting their bottom line.

But it does fall under “player safety”.

Differentiate all you want, keeping an injured player in a game that’s unwinnable (down 28 w/ under 5 to go) -
and subjecting that player to more physical contact is not only is brain dead it doesn’t give the appearance that the coaches and league are serious about the safety of its players — as they try to preach.

That’s the point.

And for the umpteenth time — Tua didn’t have head trauma. He passed all protocols. You’re just assuming that he did.

Furthermore, if Tua was sent back into the game down 28 points a lot more people including myself would take issue with it.
I was not saying he didn't. Again, read. I conceded that he likely injured his back and passed protocol. Again, Herbert can come out of a game whenever he wants. You can complain that the coach is an idiot but all Herbert needed to say was I'm done and he's done. You cannot differentiate the score of a game to make your argument on this. If he should not play down 28, he should not play at all. That was his choice.

To be real, the NFL don’t care about head trauma either…they just worry about it Impacting their bottom line.
Exactly. I should say they bother to pay attention to head trauma more because of their bottom line. I wonder how much of the proceeds from the military collections and the crucial catch collections will actually go to anything other than their pockets this year?

I was not saying he didn't. Again, read. I conceded that he likely injured his back and passed protocol. Again, Herbert can come out of a game whenever he wants. You can complain that the coach is an idiot but all Herbert needed to say was I'm done and he's done. You cannot differentiate the score of a game to make your argument on this. If he should not play down 28, he should not play at all. That was his choice.
Disagree. Once the game looks like they can’t come back, take him out...sooner even if he’s not effective. Herbert’s not coming back from 28 down. Get him out and a little extra rest, and minimize chance at worsening his injury. Whether he wants to play or not.

Doesn’t mean it should be investigated.

Disagree. Once the game looks like they can’t come back, take him out...sooner even if he’s not effective. Herbert’s not coming back from 28 down. Get him out and a little extra rest, and minimize chance at worsening his injury. Whether he wants to play or not.

Doesn’t mean it should be investigated.
You just saw a team come back from 21 down in the 4th last week. I agree that it's a dumb move on the coach's part for the rest of their season potentially but if he shouldn't be playing at the end, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Now THAT could be an issue. I would doubt it.

But at the end of the day I just think there is a lot more the NFLPA needs to be investigating before their slight hand wave at player safety.

You want to investigate ANYthing about player safety how about you as a PA do a complete detailed investigation on how the Thursday Games affect the health of your union.
100% agree about the Thursday games! Complete hypocrisy. You know how brutal that game was on Sunday. The Dolphins play in two days! I would not be surprised if a lot of players miss this game.

You just saw a team come back from 21 down in the 4th last week. I agree that it's a dumb move on the coach's part for the rest of their season potentially but if he shouldn't be playing at the end, he shouldn't be playing at all.
Absolutes are extreme. That 21 point comeback was super rare, and completed with a fully healthy QB...with an established 4th quarter excellence.

Anything can happen…but the odds of him getting further injured probably far outweigh the chance they come back.

Back
Top Bottom