Ngakoue Still On Trading Block - Dolphins Should Snag Him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ngakoue Still On Trading Block - Dolphins Should Snag Him

The Fins found JT after the first round.
Stick with the plan and build through our draft.
In 2 or 3 years when we are making a run at the SB then you can reach for a player.
Now is not the time.

That guy is a beast, but for some reason they don't play up to their potential when they come to the Dolphins

Would love that pick
I hate the Canes,but I'm not a choosing beggar. I'll take gladly take Rousseau on a rookie deal over paying 20 million to fill the same hole.

The FO is being very smart not jumping at any of these guys falling through the cracks. The future cap is totally unpredictable, which has completely changed how we can approach these situations.

Unless something changes, next year's FA's are likely to be sadly disappointed by the offers they recieve.

If Davie wanted, they would made this play before the draft and FA signings. You do not hand out the multiple contracts they did and then throw big money and a pick for a expiring contract.

I didnt like alot of the FA money spent this offseason, so something like this just doesn't fit into my belief in the way you rebuild your team. Hard pass.

If Davie wanted, they would made this play before the draft and FA signings. You do not hand out the multiple contracts they did and then throw big money and a pick for a expiring contract.

I didnt like alot of the FA money spent this offseason, so something like this just doesn't fit into my belief in the way you rebuild your team. Hard pass.
How would you have spent it differently? Rules prohibit them from spending nothing for multiple seasons on end.

I actually think they spent, and structured the FA contracts fairly wisely.

How would you have spent it differently? Rules prohibit them from spending nothing for multiple seasons on end.

I actually think they spent, and structured the FA contracts fairly wisely.

Just didnt think some of those 10 mil per contracts were worth the squeeze.

Just didnt think some of those 10 mil per contracts were worth the squeeze.
Yeah, I hear ya, but 10 mil isn't what it used to be in the NFL.

If you look at comparable FA signings, it's within the bounds of the "going rates".

With the uncertainty of any football in the near future it would be silly to trade assets.

If you look at comparable FA signings, it's within the bounds of the "going rates".

At the end of the day I don't care who they are paying what as long as it doesn't put us in a cap squeeze, prevent us from pursuing needed players in the future, or prevent us from keeping players we should we are already on this squad. It's not my money.

Still up for scrutiny.

With the VERY real chance that the NFL salary cap will be drastically reduced because of lost revenue from the COVID pandemic, I'd say that obtaining a big contract would NOT be in our best interest.

If the salary cap plunges, dozens of high salary players will be released... maybe hundreds of them. The team with cap space will be in a buyer's market at that time.

So... no.

Still up for scrutiny.
Any positive in your scrutiny for the structuring of those deals essentially turning them into 2 year deal with very little dead money so we can move on during year 4 of FloCo term?

Back
Top Bottom