NHL Playoffs thread.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NHL Playoffs thread....

We're all singing our favorite drinking song tonight ...

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ya numb.
We'll drink to you,
When the CUP is passed.
Ye Flyer SCUM,
WE'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!!!!!!!

I've been praying for this match-up ... I'm really going to enjoy this.
First, my Dolphins get to destroy the Jets to take the division, now my Pens get the Flyers in the 1st round. (and yes, I just said Flyers = Jets)

Beware the PENGUINS!!!
pens are no match for flyers...flyers in 5

pens are ****

We're all singing our favorite drinking song tonight ...

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ya numb.
We'll drink to you,
When the CUP is passed.
Ye Flyer SCUM,
WE'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!!!!!!!

I've been praying for this match-up ... I'm really going to enjoy this.
First, my Dolphins get to destroy the Jets to take the division, now my Pens get the Flyers in the 1st round. (and yes, I just said Flyers = Jets)

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Pwnt. Theres nothing left to be said. lol.

So, here are the matchups as of today, and Ill update it later on tonight once the couple games are over.

PLayoffmatchupsfinal-1.jpg

:lol:

Pens are no match for Flyers???
Flyers in five???

Dom, you do realize that we won the season series 4-2, right?
Remember last year? Expect more of the same.

Beware the Penguins.

Today, I love me some Rangers. :lol:

4 SEED!
HOME ICE vs. Philly!!!

Penguins in 5.

Alright folks. Here it is. All games are final, and these are the first round matchups.
FirstRound-1.jpg

So, what are peoples picks?

I say round two were going to see:

West
Sharks(Round one in 5 games) vs Jackets(Round one in 7 games)
Blues(Round one in 7 games) vs Chicago(Round one in 6 games)

East
Boston(Round one in 4 games) vs Carolina(Round one in 6 games)
Caps(Round one in 5 games) vs Pens(Round one in 5 games)

My take on the 1st round:

East
Bruins in 5
Caps in 4
Canes in 7
Pens in 5

West
Sharks in 5
Red Wings in 5
Blues in 7
Flames in 6

My take on the 1st round:

East
Bruins in 5
Caps in 4
Canes in 7
Pens in 5

West
Sharks in 5
Red Wings in 5
Blues in 7
Flames in 6

Good picks besides the wings and flames. I dont think theyll handle the playoffs well. Mostly with the wings though. I dont think they have the goal tending to handle it this year. Osgood fell the fawk off, and conklin isnt that great.

Habs will kick boston's ***, like the last 3 times they faced them in the post season

our injury plagued roster is almost fully back, and george laraque will finally give us that edge in the toughness department we lacked every time we played those SOBches (what's the purpose of having the toughest guy in the NHL if you're not going to use him against a team like boston ? that very well may be the type of decision that cost carbonneau's job)

laraque will break thornton in two it'll be oh-so pretty :D

As a Die Hard member of "Leaf Nation",as we rebuild I'll be watching these playoffs from the bar's patio (AGAIN!).Hoping again for a awsome playoff and praying the Habs are the first to be handed thier walking papers.Good luck to you lucky pricks that get to watch your teams in the post season (its the best hockey in the world) and I know Burke will get us in there next year.Cheers!

it's always nice to see a leafs fan brag about the habs... it just shows you the jealousy in their eyes :chuckle: 24 cups, 53 HOFs, and the most influencial/iconic (and unfortunately unknown by many) athlete in the world, maurice "le rocket" richard (RIP), who was the hero and inspiration of the french canadian nation during another hard era in our 400 years of conflicted history ( he, by himself, started the "revolution tranquile", which IMO is the biggest thing a professional athlete could ever do: inspire a province to a revolution and stop tolerating persecution from the englishmen living on our land, he did that by hitting a ref because he couldn't bare to be cheat shot-ed every single ****ing game of his life because he was a frenchmen, and refs wouldn't call penalties. Men like these lead to the revolution, and gave "us" freedom and respect)

sorry, i got carried away lol, but i feel like it's a very touchy story that many people ignore, and it is a very interesting and emotional story to hear/live/know, and great way to enter the nhl post-season all fired up ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4XPedB9mA

here's a trailer of rocket: the movie (which is excellent btw and recommend to any sports fan in general)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkcFx1p4-Cg&feature=related

with all this being said, the habs are in the playoffs:

"alte la alte la alte laaaaaa les canadiens les canadiens, alte la alte la alte laaaaaaa les canadiens sont laaaaa les caaaanadiens, leees caaaanaaadieeeeeeeens soooooont laaaaaaa"

:D habs in 6, **** the bruins !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not counting series

East
1 Bruins in 6 Right
7 Rangers in 6 Wrong
3 Devils in 5 Wrong
4 Pens in 7 Right

West
1 Sharks in 6 Wrong
2 Red Wings in 5 Right
3 Canucks in 4 Right
4 Chicago in 7 Right

Changed 2nd round

East
1 Bruins beat 6 Hurricanes in 6
2 Capitals beat 4 Penguins in 6

West
8 Ducks beat 2 Red Wings in 7
4 Chicago beat 3 Canucks in 7

Will change after round over

East
7 Rangers beat Devils in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Red Wings in 6

Stanley Cup
7 Rangers beat Sharks in 7

lol if you notice im rooting for the Rangers if they are out Go Sharks but Rangers can make a run if they do in fact get past the Caps then they would vs Rivals they can beat

East
1 Bruins in 6
7 Rangers in 6
3 Devils in 5
4 Pens in 7

West
1 Sharks in 6
2 Red Wings in 5
3 Canucks in 4
4 Chicago in 7

East
7 Rangers beat Bruins in 6
3 Devils beat Pens in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Chicago in 5
2 Red Wings beat Canucks in 7

East
7 Rangers beat Devils in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Red Wings in 6

Stanley Cup
7 Rangers beat Sharks in 7

lol if you notice im rooting for the Rangers if they are out Go Sharks but Rangers can make a run if they do in fact get past the Caps then they would vs Rivals they can beat

no way in hell that the caps don't go past the rangers... the caps will probably win the east as a matter of fact... :(

Back
Top Bottom