Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen.

Who cares what this guy thinks?

OMG get over it. It was almost fifteen years ago.

It is interesting to see what one of the best football coaches in the country thinks about who the best quarterbacks he ever saw play were. He still works with coaches like Bill B. in the off-season and clearly scouting staffs respect him since an insane number of his players are drafted every year.

I heard Saban talk about Marino several years ago at a clinic, he talked about facing him when he was DC in Cleveland in the early 90's. He talked about a specific technique he was trying to teach Antonio Langham and the Browns DB's in regards to how they wanted them to break on the ball...

"But that break on the ball sh^t don't work when it's Marino".....

Everything I've read and heard about Saban suggests that he can coach the **** out of kids. Grown men on the other hand........

He can coach grown men that act like grown men. Men that want to be coached. But the one's who think they're grown just because they make a lot of money but aren't really grown men at all - tend to rub him the wrong way. Those are the guys that get regimes fired every day in the NFL. It's full of 'em.

Everything I've read and heard about Saban suggests that he can coach the **** out of kids. Grown men on the other hand........

It's more than just the coaching, in college football you don't have to deal with contracts, equal resources (cap), and power dynamics in terms of talent acquisition.

Playing on an even playing field is obviously much tougher than what the top collegiate programs have to deal with, some people prefer to be a big fish in a small pond as opposed to challenging themselves at the next level and that's fine, just a personal decision.

But what Nick Saban did is practically unheard of in any type athletics. To tell the Dolphins and LSU that he would return coaching the next season and flat out lie not only once but twice, just shows what kind of character he has. Add that onto his pompous personality and stories like him telling that Jags safety he should have stayed in school instead of going to the NFL, is why many people don't like that lying a****** and root against him every chance they get.

Last edited:
OMG get over it. It was almost fifteen years ago.

It is interesting to see what one of the best football coaches in the country thinks about who the best quarterbacks he ever saw play were. He still works with coaches like Bill B. in the off-season and clearly scouting staffs respect him since an insane number of his players are drafted every year.

Never.

He's a ******* liar, and bailed out on the Dolphins.

**** Nick Saban. **** him in the ******* with a big rubber ****, then break it off and beat him to death with the rest of it. ((c) George Carlin)

It's more than just the coaching, in college football you don't have to deal with contracts, equal resources, and power dynamics in terms of talent acquisitions.

Playing on an even playing field is obviously much tougher than what the top collegiate programs have to deal with, some people prefer to be the big fish in a small pond as opposed to challenging themselves at the next level.

But what Nick Saban did is practically unheard of in any type athletics. To tell the Dolphins and LSU that he would return coaching the next season and lie not once but twice, just shows what kind of character he has. Add that onto his pompous personality and and stories like him telling that Jags safety he should have stayed in school instead of going to the NFL, is why many people don't like that lying a******.

In college football you have to deal with alumni, athletic directors, university presidents, boosters, and the fanbase. You have to keep them all pleased.

In the NFL, you only have to please the owner.

Although you are correct, there's no welfare system in college football for the sake of parity. You only get the talent you and your staff get their ass out there and recruit. You have to outwork the other big fish that have the same advantages you have.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Anybody can get on the internet and run their mouth. It don't take much.

In college football you have to deal with alumni, athletic directors, university presidents, boosters, and the fanbase. You have to keep them all pleased.

In the NFL, you only have to please the owner.

Although you are correct, there's no welfare system in college football for the sake of parity. You only get the talent you and your staff get their *** out there and recruit. You have to outwork the other big fish that have the same advantages you have.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Anybody can get on the internet and run their mouth. It don't take much.

Check that, Saban lied to 3 different programs and has a history of telling kids they need to stay in school instead of realizing their dreams lmao, what a d***...

Plaxico Burress: "I was a 19 year old kid, the man that recruited me to play for him, look me in my face and told me a lie," was one of Burress' tweets that pretty much sums up how he feels about Saban, even after all these years."

"Now Nick Saban players are being distracted by the NFL and chasing a dream, haha tell your story Nick. LSU showed you $$, you was GONE! Ha"

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/.../07/16/michigan-state-burress-saban/30232705/

Last edited:
Check that, Saban lied to 3 different programs and has a history of telling kids they need to stay in school instead of realizing their dreams lmao, what a d***...

Plaxico Burress: "I was a 19 year old kid, the man that recruited me to play for him, look me in my face and told me a lie," was one of Burress' tweets that pretty much sums up how he feels about Saban, even after all these years."

"Now Nick Saban players are being distracted by the NFL and chasing a dream, haha tell your story Nick. LSU showed you $$, you was GONE! Ha"

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/.../07/16/michigan-state-burress-saban/30232705/

Plaxico Burress? I rest my case.

He's a piece of ****, but a great college coach. Of COURSE a 'Bama fan is going to defend him...it's only natural. It's like the Patriots fans who think the whole world loves their team, and can't fathom how somebody could actually hate their franchise because of the cheating (that they willfully ignore).

Back
Top Bottom