Nick Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban

Aqua Marino (UK)

Active Roster
Reaction score
Where would we be if we had stuck with this guy?

He has had tremendous success at College level yet was deemed not good enough for us. Was firing him a mistake?

I don't get to see college football over here so would love your thoughts on this. Why was he fired? What qualities did he being to the Fins?

Will he ever coach in the NFL again?

He has had tremendous success at College level yet was deemed not good enough for us. Was firing him a mistake?

I don't get to see college football over here so would love your thoughts on this. Why was he fired? What qualities did he being to the Fins?

He didn't want to coach in the NFL so he quit to coach at the college level. I doubt he'll ever want to coach in the NFL again. Why deal with all the jerks in the NFL when he can do whatever he wants in college.

He went back to coaching college on his own. As NB said, not fired.

Satan quit on them but as others have stated with the money he is getting at Alabama and the advantages of not dealing with a team of rich Prima donna"s who could really blame Satan?

History proves he ran in the right direction...The devil when down to Alabama looking for a Championship to steal, He was in a bind and way behind but willing to make a deal.

College football is littered with successful coaches who couldn’t handle the competitive nature of the NFL.
There are no Vanderbilts in the NFL. There is more parity and on any given day you could lose to a doormat team.
In addition, the draft and FA don’t afford you the same ease of building a roster as recruiting does. There is also element of roster size. Much easier to have depth in college compared to the NFL.
Saban is/was a failed NFL HC. Lump him in with Spurrier, Schnellenberger, Erickson etc

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/01/looking_back_at_when_nick_saba.html

You really should have researched this more. If you look into it, his wife convinced him to take the Miami job and the Alabama job. Women, am I right?

Regardless, Roll Tide.

While he wasn’t successful in Miami, I wouldn’t say he failed as an nfl coach. We were a dark horse super bowl pick heading into his 2nd season. Unfortunately, our starting and backup QBs were injured and we went 6-10. He’s one of the two best football coaches in the world and I have no doubt he would have been successful if he stuck it out in Miami. Of course, passing on Brees set us back but that is on the doctors, not Saban.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make it back to the NFL as a head coach, honestly. The NFL is the place he didnt really excel as a head coach. For a guy like him, that has to linger. Unless he just absolutely hated coaching NFL players, he might feel like his mission is incomplete.

I believe he would’ve made a great coach (long term), but he needed to take some lumps that his ego wouldn’t allow. I didn’t like him when he quit, but I can’t hold that grudge when I think about the good things I got from the book he wrote.

Back
Top Bottom