Nik Needham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nik Needham

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
I think this kid should be next to get an extension. He has been playing well in the nickel. We have to get this kid tied down, and it will be cheap. Our secondary as been playing better with him in the line up. He will be a ERFA so I dont see him getting away anyways, but i think the kid deserves it.
what do you guys think?

I think this kid should be next to get an extension. He has been playing well in the nickel. We have to get this kid tied down, and it will be cheap. Our secondary as been playing better with him in the line up. He will be a ERFA so I dont see him getting away anyways, but i think the kid deserves it.
what do you guys think?
Yeah, I think if they aren't asking for a bundle, Miami should extend both Needham and Rowe before the offseason.

ERFA means draft compensation if a team signs them, right? But we'd still have to match the offer?

It’s still peaks and valleys. I’d wait till end of season. He flashed last year too then started off this year ice cold

playing a better slot for sure. He’s gotten away from some of those super quick 2 way go little guys of late and that’s helped. Has to be careful not to grab. Gets grabby when he’s concerned about separation...I wouldn’t do anything here yet

it’s ok to have guys play for dirt money for ya...

It’s still peaks and valleys. I’d wait till end of season. He flashed last year too then started off this year ice cold
also started off the year in a new position...

Kid has shown he can get the job done -- very smart. Hard worker. Team dude. Lot's of positive qualities.
Not to mention he was a personal project of Flo. I bet he sticks.

It's tough I like Nik Needham alot but with inboghene i don't think he is a player we need to commit money to next season but then again if he keeps playing lights out maybe we can move Inboghene to FS to compete against Mccain.

Yeah, I think if they aren't asking for a bundle, Miami should extend both Needham and Rowe before the offseason.

ERFA means draft compensation if a team signs them, right? But we'd still have to match the offer?

Rowe still has 2 years after this one. No sure we need to extend him just yet. We can wait till at least next year.

Absolutely not, he's way too overrated on this board. Way too inconsistent. Last year he lived off of two good games he had, because we had no one else. Sunday was his first complete game this year, got torched in most others.

I want all of our players to succeed, because then we all succeed, but to me Needham is a JAG right now.

Just my $0.02

Needham isn't going anywhere.
We'll have to give him a raise in the off season, but it won't be enormous.

I like Nik it’s a good story and I’m certainly rooting for him to improve for us and would love it if he solidified that spot. That being said, despite popular belief, I would ride the Jones/Howard train for as long as I could afford it which means next offseason I’d be looking to get my super athletic young 1st round pick from 2020 (Igbo$ ready to play the slot in 2021.

Needham is going to get tendered and play his last year on another min deal. Its too good of a deal for the team to pass up. If he continues his ascension I'm sure they'll talk about an extension next season. Its going to be tough with the 1st rounder waiting in the wings and a couple big money players locked in for the next couple seasons.

what do you guys think?
He’s looking pretty good lately, I would sign him especially if it’s cheap.

also started off the year in a new position...

Kid has shown he can get the job done -- very smart. Hard worker. Team dude. Lot's of positive qualities.
Not to mention he was a personal project of Flo. I bet he sticks.
He’s far from great, and only has flashes of good. I like the kid but as hoops said he’s grabby. I’ve mentioned before that he’s a small school guy that has things moving a lil too fast right now. Lets see if he keeps up through the whole year

It's tough I like Nik Needham alot but with inboghene i don't think he is a player we need to commit money to next season but then again if he keeps playing lights out maybe we can move Inboghene to FS to compete against Mccain.
I'd like to agree with you but it seems like we refuse to try Iggy out in the slot

I'd like to agree with you but it seems like we refuse to try Iggy out in the slot
I don't think "refuse" is accurate.

The kid is young, inexperienced, and needs a lot of work on technique. Thats a recipe for disaster as a slot corner where, IMO, technique, and formation recognition, are paramount to being successful.

Back
Top Bottom