NL East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NL East

FinsForLife007

BornDolfan
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Let's talk baseball?

Who do you guys think will win the NL East this season?

Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
Philadelphia Phillies
New York Mets
Washington Nationals

I have learned not to bet against the Braves.

FinsForLife007 said:

Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
Philadelphia Phillies
New York Mets
Washington Nationals

You are correct for saying not to bet against the Braves.. But I'm partial to the Marlins.. I think their pitching rotation will dominate this year.. With the addition of Delgado the Marlins will score alot of runs..

FinsForLife007 said:

Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
Philadelphia Phillies
New York Mets
Washington Nationals

The Marlins. I love the way that team was built around pitching. And adding Delgado into the mix isn't going to hurt either. I expect to see them representing the NL in the World Series if they stay healthy. Miguel Cabrera is just an unbelievable talent as well.

With that being said, I also really like the Braves. The addition of Tim Hudson is huge. He has some filthy stuff, and he's going to shine in the National League. I can see the Mets making a run, but their bullpen is a disaster and it needs to be addressed during the season. All in all, my money is on the Marlins, the National League's best IMO.

Braves always win,so why pick against them.

Although the Mets starting 5 pitchers are the BEST in baseball

MikeO said:
Braves always win,so why pick against them.

Although the Mets starting 5 pitchers are the BEST in baseball

Wait are you implying the Mets have the best rotation in baseball?? I would sure hope not..

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Wait are you implying the Mets have the best rotation in baseball?? I would sure hope not..

Name one better. Just the starting 5. Pedro, Glavin, Zambrano, Benson, Traschel.

If they stay healthy, they are the best starting 5 in MLB.

Big Mets fan here...

Ishii and Zambrano are not the type of pitchers the Mets should have in their ball park.

IMO, they will walk a ton and Piazza will not be able to throw out those baserunners as usual.
Glavine cannot go 8...and Pedro rarely will either...
The bullpen is a disaster...

I don't believe in Randolph...

81 or 82 wins...tops...

As for the Marlins...

Enjoy Al Leiter. I would have paid his plane fare to Florida. When he has 60 pitches in the third inning and 100 in the fifth you also will be sick of him. The last game that Leiter pitched 8 innings was back last May.

The Phillies might be better since Bowa is gone...might.

All of this being said, I can't bet against the Braves.

They still have a good pitching staff.

They still have one of the best defensive CF'ers that I have ever seen...

They will just choke in the first round as usual...:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MikeO said:
Name one better. Just the starting 5. Pedro, Glavin, Zambrano, Benson, Traschel.

If they stay healthy, they are the best starting 5 in MLB.

How about the Marlins, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Braves.

Zambrano might be the most inconsistent pitcher in the world, he'll strike out 10 one game, then walk 15 the next. There is no way the Mets have the best rotation in baseball, no chance.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
How about the Marlins, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Braves.

Zambrano might be the most inconsistent pitcher in the world, he'll strike out 10 one game, then walk 15 the next. There is no way the Mets have the best rotation in baseball, no chance.

Yankees pitching staff is good, but not as deep as the Mets in my opinon. Does Kevin Brown still have it or can he re-find it? Jaret Wright, 1-year wonder or is he for real? Red Sox pitching staff is very thin after Schilling. Wade Miler is never healthy. Clement can't find the plate. Wells is old and injured all of the time. Aroyo is nice, but is it midnight yet? Marlins pitching staff is always injured. Braves have nothing to brag about anymore. Cubs is good, but Prior and Wood are always injured.

Glavine still has it. He isn't going to the hall of fame over nothing. Pedro is still Pedro as long as he isn't facing the Yanks. Benson is a great NL pitcher. Traschel as a 5th starter...lol. He's very good. Zambrano is a nice pitcher. 1-5 they (Mets) are the most consistent and in my opinon the best.

MikeO said:
Yankees pitching staff is good, but not as deep as the Mets in my opinon. Does Kevin Brown still have it or can he re-find it? Jaret Wright, 1-year wonder or is he for real? Red Sox pitching staff is very thin after Schilling. Wade Miler is never healthy. Clement can't find the plate. Wells is old and injured all of the time. Aroyo is nice, but is it midnight yet? Marlins pitching staff is always injured. Braves have nothing to brag about anymore. Cubs is good, but Prior and Wood are always injured.

Glavine still has it. He isn't going to the hall of fame over nothing. Pedro is still Pedro as long as he isn't facing the Yanks. Benson is a great NL pitcher. Traschel as a 5th starter...lol. He's very good. Zambrano is a nice pitcher. 1-5 they (Mets) are the most consistent and in my opinon the best.

That's not the point of course if Miller, Wells, Johnson, Brown, Prior and Wood are all injured, then it's going to significantly hurt their teams rotation, but you can't take away from a teams staff by saying "Oh yeah, well the Yankees rotation really s*cks if Johnson Brown Mussina and Pavano get hurt." You have way too many if's in your response its a joke.

By the way since you love to bring up injuries, why don't we mention the man anchoring your "best rotation in baseball." Pedro is the MOST injury prone starter you mentioned in your entire reply.

I love how you said the Marlins staff is no good cause "they are always injured" :lol:. And how the Braves have "nothing to brag about anymore." No you're right they don't, they just added a stud in Tim Hudson who is entering his prime.

I'll stick with my original statement that the Mets do not have the best rotation in baseball, and it is incredibly ridiculous to say that they do.. Of course if everyone else in baseball gets injured, then they might :shakeno:

Prior and Wood are already hurt. Kevin Brown gets hurt every year. Wade Miller has never played a full season I don't think and he is already out the 1st month of THIS SEASON. Those aren't if's, they are facts. Schilling is already injured as well, but I won't even go into that.

After Hudsen what does Atlanta have? Horation Rameriz . Mike Hampton? LOL. Please.

and how in the hell is Florida even in the discussion for best pitching staff in baseball? Seriously?

Al Leiter sucks! AJ Burnett still hasn't recovered fully from his arm injury. Dontrell Willis is OK, not great, not terrible.....OK. Beckett is good of course. But that's it. Really, they arent' even one of the top 5 pitching staffs in baseball let alone the best.

And I like the Marlins. Out of all of the NL teams if I had to have a rooting interest in one they would be it. But they are far from a great pitching staff.

MikeO said:
Prior and Wood are already hurt. Kevin Brown gets hurt every year. Wade Miller has never played a full season I don't think. Those aren't if's, they are facts.

After Hudsen what does Atlanta have? Russ Ortiz and his 5.00+ era? Mike Hampton? LOL. Please.

Russ Ortiz is in Arizona, I don't know where you have been. How about Horacio Ramirez and John Smoltz? Please.

Thanks for enlightening us about the past, but tell me now Mrs. Cleo, do you have a crystal ball showing you that Beckett, and D-Train are going to get hurt? How about David Wells or Pedro Martinez?

The point is, injuries can change anything, so the Mets could indeed have the best rotation in baseball if every other rotation in baseball is devistated by injuries, but that isn't very likely.

On paper, the Mets don't even have a top 5 rotation in the league and at this point, paper is the ONLY thing that we can judge.

I caught the Ortiz mistake.

The Cubs and Red Sox are alredy banged up and its only March. Guys like Miler, Prior, and Wood are out for a month at least probably more!

Back
Top Bottom