No. 600 for Sammy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No. 600 for Sammy

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
1-2.gif

clear.gif

Sammy Sosa's 600th homer came off Jason Marquis, the 364th pitcher the 38-year-old hitter has homered off in his 18 major league seasons.

Sammy Sosa's 600th homer resembled so many that came before -- except this time the Chicago Cubs were on the other side.

Playing for the Texas Rangers after a year out of baseball, Sosa became the fifth member of the 600-homer club Wednesday night when he connected against his former team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/06/20/bc.bba.sosa.s600th.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Its just hard for me to be impressed with this guy (same goes for McGwire and Bonds), knowing that they have cheated their way. I was watching Baseball Tonight last nite and they were saying how Sosa is now a shoo-in for HOF. That really pisses me off. He took steroids, god knows how many corked bats he used and he manages to hit 600 homeruns. Had he not cheated, he would have had significantly less homeruns, his sub par defense, and his sub par baserunning = no HOF. So, no I wasnt excited for his 600th homerun and I won't be excited when Bonds breaks Hank's record. I am looking forward to Jr.'s 600th homerun.

Sosa has never been anyway linked to Steroids. I am not going to say anything bad about him when there is no proof. Alot of guys have used a corked bat and its not like he brings one to the plate every game. Like he said he may have honestly got it from his practice bats (Used it to hit homers for fans in practice).

I don't think Sammy should be a HOF since he is so 1-dimensional, but I do agree with Skeet that I won't judge him based on speculation. Same goes with Bonds.

Sosa has never been anyway linked to Steroids. I am not going to say anything bad about him when there is no proof. Alot of guys have used a corked bat and its not like he brings one to the plate every game. Like he said he may have honestly got it from his practice bats (Used it to hit homers for fans in practice).

the size of his head tripled over the course of the years. Proof enough. Not to mention his day in front of Congress was all but an admission of guilt!

the size of his head tripled over the course of the years. Proof enough. Not to mention his day in front of Congress was all but an admission of guilt!

I thought Bonds was the balloon head :hmmm: I never heard that about Sammy. I do think the way he forgot to speak English in front of Congress is awfully curious. That and his precipitous drop off after testing began, are reason enough for me to be in doubt.

I don't think Sammy should be a HOF since he is so 1-dimensional, but I do agree with Skeet that I won't judge him based on speculation. Same goes with Bonds.

No Bonds used Steroids. He just said he did not know what it was... :err: Ummm ok. He is very 1 dimensional. Free Swinger that strikes out alot!

I thought Bonds was the balloon head :hmmm: I never heard that about Sammy. I do think the way he forgot to speak English in front of Congress is awfully curious. That and his precipitous drop off after testing began, are reason enough for me to be in doubt.

I have doubts, But if we assume on doubts than IMO there are alot of guys.

Ken Griffey Jr. > Bonds & Sosa in every way. Too bad he had so many injuries, we would be talking about Griffey chasing Hank Aaron, and rightfully so. He was on pace, and never linked on any steroid cases.

Can't wait for his 600th homer. It'll be a great day for Baseball.

Ken Griffey Jr. > Bonds & Sosa in every way. Too bad he had so many injuries, we would be talking about Griffey chasing Hank Aaron, and rightfully so. He was on pace, and never linked on any steroid cases.

Baseball fans were robbed. There is no other way to put it. Griffey's homerun swing belongs in the Louvre.

exactly. Its sad what happen to him. He would of been the greatest player in history and would of destroyed Aaron's record with out steroids if it were not for the injuries.

Back
Top Bottom