No. 600 for Sammy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No. 600 for Sammy

exactly. Its sad what happen to him. He would of been the greatest player in history and would of destroyed Aaron's record with out steroids if it were not for the injuries.

Yeah it was sad to see such a great player get hurt so much. I am glad he got thru it. Aaron's HR record will get destroyed and I am not talking about Bonds

I'm not going to say ANY of these guys should not be in the HOF until they test positive for steroids. I'm sorry but saying 'look how big he got over the years' or 'look at his huge head' or whatever you want to say is not solid proof someone cheated.

Unless someone is caught cheating they should not be frowned upon. Sosa ONCE had cork in his bat, do you really believe he only broke one bat in his career? He would have been caught, that time was most likely an accident. If you want to do things this way then NO-ONE from this era should be in the HOF and that isnt fair.

Ken Griffey Jr. > Bonds & Sosa in every way. Too bad he had so many injuries, we would be talking about Griffey chasing Hank Aaron, and rightfully so. He was on pace, and never linked on any steroid cases.

Can't wait for his 600th homer. It'll be a great day for Baseball.

:yeahthat:

Not only was Griffey great with the bat, but he was also the best centerfielder at his time. He was the complete package, but much forgotten because of those injuries.

Sosa, Bonds, McGwire were all average at best on their field position. Pujols [not saying he's on steroids or anything] is average to good at best as well currently. Alex Rodriguez currently is average to good at times at third base.

Since Griffey Jr's prime, there hasn't been a complete player.

Its just hard for me to be impressed with this guy (same goes for McGwire and Bonds), knowing that they have cheated their way. I was watching Baseball Tonight last nite and they were saying how Sosa is now a shoo-in for HOF. That really pisses me off. He took steroids, god knows how many corked bats he used and he manages to hit 600 homeruns. Had he not cheated, he would have had significantly less homeruns, his sub par defense, and his sub par baserunning = no HOF. So, no I wasnt excited for his 600th homerun and I won't be excited when Bonds breaks Hank's record. I am looking forward to Jr.'s 600th homerun.

You are not a sports fan, because he has NEVER been proven guilty, either has bonds, or mcguire but since your opinion is number 1 he IS guilty right?

Sosa has had a great career and is worthy to be be a hall of famer. The HR race between Sosa and McGwire will never be forgotten. That season helped baseballs ratings out a lot.
I hate Bonds and don't want him to break Hank Aarons record. I have a card of his from his 2nd season and hes as small as me. I weigh about 170. Even though its never been proven that he's on steroids I honestly believe he was. I heard from my friend his shoe size went up 3 sizes since hes been in the bigs. I dont know where he got that info from, it could be false. But your foot ussaully stops growing by the age of 18.
And as for Griffey... One of my favorite ball players of all time. His swing is just a beautiful thing to watch and as you guys said he has a great glove to go with it and could steal bases. Griffey Jr is one of the best of all time and will be a definite HOF.

You are not a sports fan, because he has NEVER been proven guilty, either has bonds, or mcguire but since your opinion is number 1 he IS guilty right?
Brother, you cannot justify saying someone isnt a "sports fan" simply because they dont agree with you on a topic. Look at it this way, if they are cheating, which you are correct; has never been proven completely, they are saying its ok to cheat, period. Bottom line they are telling my kids, your future kids, everyone, that they weren't good enough with their God given ability, and had to have something besides their own abilities to get better. Definition:cheating.

Not only was Griffey great with the bat, but he was also the best centerfielder at his time. He was the complete package, but much forgotten because of those injuries.

Sosa, Bonds, McGwire were all average at best on their field position. Pujols [not saying he's on steroids or anything] is average to good at best as well currently. Alex Rodriguez currently is average to good at times at third base.

Since Griffey Jr's prime, there hasn't been a complete player.

Bonds before 2003 was a great LFer, he won a bunch of gold gloves. Bonds was very similar to Griffey, people forget that Bonds was a 5 tool player all those years before 2003.

I like Sammy as a person, but he obviously bulked up through steroids to get the body and stats he has. Is this fair to all the other guys who did not cheat and played "naturally?" Hope he is left out of the Hall, along with Barry Bonds, McGwire, and Palmiero.

Bonds before 2003 was a great LFer, he won a bunch of gold gloves. Bonds was very similar to Griffey, people forget that Bonds was a 5 tool player all those years before 2003.

Yeah Bonds did alot of things! He also stole a crap load of bases

:lol: Thanks for that.
Hey if you honestly believe that Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa didnt cheat, then I guess your motto is ignorance is bliss. However, as a die hard sports fan, it really saddens and frustrates me that Sosa is now mentioned in the same breath as Mays, Babe and Aaron. God knows Sosa would've been just been another ball player if not for the kool aid. The man is below average in the field and on the bases. He is not a contact hitter. It is indeterminable how many homeruns or how many quick heals from injuries he was able to get away with using the juice.

We may never get the proof that these guys were juiced, but honestly somethings don't need proof. The whole trial with Sosa and McGwire was enough for me. As for Bonds, his trainer was the biggest steroid distributer in the league, so it is foolish to believe that only Bonds wasn't on the juice.

Griffey is the only one who is worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mays, Aaron, and Babe from this era.

Back
Top Bottom