No. 600 for Sammy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No. 600 for Sammy

There are plenty of players not linked to steroids that use them. Also not all steroids make you huge and even change your appearance.
If they are not linked to steroids how do you know they used them? you dont know that. Griffey showed no signs of steroid use so its ridiculous to even speculate that he could of used steroids. Thats the bad thing about athletes using steroids. Once one person uses it everyone assumes every one uses it. Griffey never changed the way he played. He was great before the steroid era and he continued that.

i was talking about when he was with baltimore he sucked. took a year off, and now is good again......it doesnt take a genious to figure this out..

Just because someone had a bad year that does not mean they suck. Sammy Sosa is always gunna be a guy who strikes out alot becuase he is not an overall great hitter. He does not have a good eye and since he is good this year does that mean he is on roids?

If they are not linked to steroids how do you know they used them? you dont know that. Griffey showed no signs of steroid use so its ridiculous to even speculate that he could of used steroids. Thats the bad thing about athletes using steroids. Once one person uses it everyone assumes every one uses it. Griffey never changed the way he played. He was great before the steroid era and he continued that.

I think you missed my point.

I never said he is on steroids nor do I believe he is. The point is that you can't just say who does and doesn't use steroids unless they DO test positive. Being linked to something isn't proof unless you can prove 100% they did it.

I never said he is on steroids nor do I believe he is. The point is that you can't just say who does and doesn't use steroids unless they DO test positive. Being linked to something isn't proof unless you can prove 100% they did it.
o my mistake. Yeah i agree with you on that. Perfect example: Lance Armstrong. Never failed a test but is linked to it.

That is something I agree with, but there was no reason for Sammy and Mark to behave the way they did at the trial unless they are guilty. I know that you don't think Griffey didn't take 'roids, but the proof is that steroids also aid in healing injuries and we all know the barrage of injuries Griffey has gone through. Like I said earlier, believing that Sosa and Mark put up those numbers with pure effort is ignorance.

:lol: i did the same thing! i even tried to wear my hat like him (the way he wears it at hr durby) Griffey is easily one of my favorites to play the game. The great thing about him is hes not a jerk. He is a classy player.
yea same here. We had those black Louisville Slugger bats "signed" by Griffey. :lol: Good times.

:lol: i did the same thing! i even tried to wear my hat like him (the way he wears it at hr durby) Griffey is easily one of my favorites to play the game. The great thing about him is hes not a jerk. He is a classy player.
he wants to come to Cubbie land.....that would make my day...:)

Because he was actually caught and he admitted to it.
true, but I don't understand why they ban Rose as a player. They used him when they introduced the century's all time team yet he is banned. So lame.

true, but I don't understand why they ban Rose as a player. They used him when they introduced the century's all time team yet he is banned. So lame.

I am so much on this fence on this subject its not even funny! I understand why he is not in, But I realize reasons why he should be in. I can never decide which one it should actually be. If they ever decided to let him in I would not be upset about, But I would not be upset if they never did either. If I confused anyone I am sorry. :unsure:

I am so much on this fence on this subject its not even funny! I understand why he is not in, But I realize reasons why he should be in. I can never decide which one it should actually be. If they ever decided to let him in I would not be upset about, But I would not be upset if they never did either. If I confused anyone I am sorry. :unsure:
I believe he gets in after his death. I think thats pretty sad. He screwed up as a manager, but that had nothing to do with the record number of hits he amassed as a player. Also, if MLB is gonna ban him then they should at least have the decency to not exploit him as they wish.

I believe he gets in after his death. I think thats pretty sad. He screwed up as a manager, but that had nothing to do with the record number of hits he amassed as a player. Also, if MLB is gonna ban him then they should at least have the decency to not exploit him as they wish.

When he screwed up it was pretty big so you have to understand where MLB is coming from. I don't know if Pete will ever get in, But it is interesting to think about

Back
Top Bottom