No Chance at Rivers.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Chance at Rivers..

MiamiFan1354

Clumpys #1 Fan
Reaction score
After the Senior Bowl, according to Mel over there on ESPN, Philip Rivers has jumped from the 23 best player in this years draft to the 8th best player in this years draft. I guess we can all wave goodbye to chanced of snagging Rivers.

That doesn't mean we won't get him. There aren't many teams from 1 to 19 that need a QB bad enough to take one in the first round. We still got a good chance, especially if Henson re-enters the draft. Maybe he will take a lot of focus of Rivers.

Uh, and does Mel Kiper Jr draft for any team?? No, he doesn't and it's just his opinion that deson mean didley crap when draft time comes. There are only a very select teams that will be looking QB in round one. We still have a more likely chance of drafting him now than we did before the Senior Bowl. Especially with this Ricky Ray guy and Drew Henson news coming around.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
After the Senior Bowl, according to Mel over there on ESPN, Philip Rivers has jumped from the 23 best player in this years draft to the 8th best player in this years draft. I guess we can all wave goodbye to chanced of snagging Rivers.

you believe everything Mel Kuiper says? Check out all of his mock drafts and see just how many went the way he said. It's hard to believe that any player can jump THAT many spots in just one game. But it probably won't matter anyway cuz we'll probably draft that CB or LB from West Tuscaloosa Sate anyway. ;)

Draft is so unpredictable so I don't see why you're jumping to conclusion.

We know that Eli and ben will be taken in like the top 5, and both Pittsburgh and Buffalo have shown intrest in taking a QB in the draft. Now, with Rivers showing off his stuff in the Senior bowl, a venue that wasn't even supposed to be a place where he could flourish, it's almost a lock that he'll be moving up in the mock drafts, and there is a very good chance that he will be taken before our #20 spot. A lot of people around the league are putting him on the same level as Ben and Eli now, with their only worry being his release.

Rankings mean nothing till Combine

Before I start throwing in the towel, I would wait for the combine and February/March RFA and FA signings. I've seen great players fall in the rankings after the combine and others move up very high just cause they had a good 40 time.

Also it really depends on who is release and who is signed by each team. People have to address their needs. I cannot forsee a team like Atlanta pickup a QB even if Fitzerald is gone and Manning is the best player on the boards....

for all you who are eagerly waiting to attack my comment regarding the Falcons picking up a QB, I agree their is a better chance of a Snow Storm in the middle of July in Miami then that happening but this is exactly the point I wanted to prove....

Re: Re: No Chance at Rivers..

Originally posted by DeDolfan

It's hard to believe that any player can jump THAT many spots in just one game.

Uhh, the week of Senior Bowl practices mean A LOT in draft stocks.

Re: Re: Re: No Chance at Rivers..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Uhh, the week of Senior Bowl practices mean A LOT in draft stocks.

know what you mean but my point was that one game only doen't tell the whole story about a player. It may very well be an exception, rather than a rule. Fiedler had a hell of a day against the Cowboys, but like i said, THAT was a definite exception and not a performance to make a career decision on tho. ;)

Rivers has been doing it his whole career...that Senior Bowl was the rule for him.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Rivers has been doing it his whole career...that Senior Bowl was the rule for him.

That was my point. I'm aware of what he's done during his career. I only questioned why it was he majically jumped all those spots after this one game. iMO, he should have been there to begin with. ;)

Just because Mel thinks he is the 8th best player, does not mean he will be taken before the 20th pick. Most teams draft on need and ability and there are quite a few teams drafting in front of us that will DEFINETLY NOT draft a QB. Think about it: Of the 20 Picks in front of us, The Jets, Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Vikings, Falcons,Browns,Bengals, Bears,Saints,Bucs,SF, would shock me if they took a QB. That is 12 teams that we don't have to "worry about" . Then you figure 2teams will take Ben and Eli, so tyhat leaves 6teams that we will have to sweat out. I think we still have a good shot.

Back
Top Bottom