No Chance at Rivers.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Chance at Rivers..

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Just because Mel thinks he is the 8th best player, does not mean he will be taken before the 20th pick. Most teams draft on need and ability and there are quite a few teams drafting in front of us that will DEFINETLY NOT draft a QB. Think about it: Of the 20 Picks in front of us, The Jets, Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Vikings, Falcons,Browns,Bengals, Bears,Saints,Bucs,SF, would shock me if they took a QB. That is 12 teams that we don't have to "worry about" . Then you figure 2teams will take Ben and Eli, so tyhat leaves 6teams that we will have to sweat out. I think we still have a good shot.

Agree that it doesn't mean he'll go by the 8th pick.

IMO of the teams you mention, SF and TB figure to cause the most problems in that they both have talked about cutting garcia and Johnson. IF so, they would become more of a factor in FA and the draft for a QB. If it betters our chances at Rivers, I hope one of the major players make a move and get the Brunells and such while we could do one of three things in tendering Sage, restructuring Fiedler or even cutting and re-signing griese. The last 2would depend on on uch improvements are made on OL. Secure at least either of those options, draft Rivers and let him learn things.

Actually, in all, I see 5 major players for QB ahead of us, SD, AZ, OAK, Pitt and Buff. Some very possible things I see that may very well happen are......

SD- trading up. They are in much more need at WR, DL, OL and LBs before another QB. i think the only reason folks figure them to pick ELI is that they have the 1st pick. But I think Schottenschidder to feel more pressure to win more now and opt not to train another newbie right now with alot more pressing needs.

OAK- Alot of this will depend on how much Norv sees left in Gannon and Tui,yada,yada. They have big needs at WR, OL and DL as well and it may to be too much to pass on Fitzgerald.

Buf- They may go for one with their 1st pick but I think they have more of a need at WR and DL right now. Bledsoe has a couple more good yrs left, for whatever that is worth. ya, they looked hard at Rivers but hopefully just to evaluate him more just in case there's not a WR or DLman lleft they feel is worthy of the pick.

So, if all goes according to "Hoyle", then that should leave us 3rd in line for a QB. Pitt, I think, definitely takes one, as well as AZ.
iMO, i would just stand pat on see what happens as i think we should be able to still get Rivers at #20. if we were to get an extra 1st rndr for ogun, it would change alot of things. I know of alot of talk about philly wanting him but they have soooo many more pressing needs than DE right now. SD, OAK, Giants, DET, jAX and WASH have more need for a DE. Either of those teams would be great in which case i would say, C-ya. Any team signing him that picks after us, I would try and match.

Back
Top Bottom