No Chance at Rivers.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Chance at Rivers..

Six teams, two of which are very interested in getting a new QB, Steelers and Buffalo. Both could take him and many people said that the Steelers would take JP, and now JP isnt looking as good as he did before, so I see him taken off the board before 20.

Originally posted by chambers84
Uh, and does Mel Kiper Jr draft for any team?? No, he doesn't and it's just his opinion that deson mean didley crap when draft time comes. There are only a very select teams that will be looking QB in round one. We still have a more likely chance of drafting him now than we did before the Senior Bowl. Especially with this Ricky Ray guy and Drew Henson news coming around.

Actually, Kiper does pretty well with the Mock drafts. But:

1) Even if he is 8th best on the board, he may actually not be picked by anyone til our turn. However, the Bears do need a QB and will look at him.

2) The Combine will also be a factor.

3) Things change a lot come draft time, so it's still too early to tell.

However, by the time the draft roles around, Kiper's mock draft will look pretty close to the real thing. And, as far as who will go in the 1st round, his top 20 "mock" selections will almost certainly go in the 1st. I think we'll have a good idea come draft day.

And you forget, those 6 teams are looking in FA also. Bears Chargers etc are looking at Brunell...and anyways we are letting Ogun go so if we can get a higher pick I think we will definately have a shot at getting Rivers. I dont think he will be taken before its our turn.

How many times must it be said that Grossman is starting.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
After the combine watch Rivers fall back down.

yeah, it'll hurt him. I think many fears about him have been quelled his strong showing at the senior bowl, but the combine will not help him, onlyhurt.

Also, you have to add TWO franchise to the FA QB list.......Brian and Jay!

If we do get that pick for ogun and he's there at that spot we should take him there. If he's gone before our 2 picks, then we should go WR and o-line and look for a QB in the 3rd round.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by chambers84
Uh, and does Mel Kiper Jr draft for any team?? No, he doesn't and it's just his opinion that deson mean didley crap when draft time comes. There are only a very select teams that will be looking QB in round one. We still have a more likely chance of drafting him now than we did before the Senior Bowl. Especially with this Ricky Ray guy and Drew Henson news coming around.

What the hell does Mel Kiper know anyways!:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Actually, Kiper does pretty well with the Mock drafts. But:

1) Even if he is 8th best on the board, he may actually not be picked by anyone til our turn. However, the Bears do need a QB and will look at him.

2) The Combine will also be a factor.

3) Things change a lot come draft time, so it's still too early to tell.

However, by the time the draft roles around, Kiper's mock draft will look pretty close to the real thing. And, as far as who will go in the 1st round, his top 20 "mock" selections will almost certainly go in the 1st. I think we'll have a good idea come draft day.

Pittsburgh is the only one i am scared of. they got those WR's and already are a passing team. But the one thing about that is that Mularky is now part of an organization that is supposedly great but still ends up with an 8-8 record.:lol:

Originally posted by finfan54

Pittsburgh is the only one i am scared of. they got those WR's and already are a passing team. But the one thing about that is that Mularky is now part of an organization that is supposedly great but still ends up with an 8-8 record.:lol:

true, Pit needs a QB too.

Pitt has a lot of money invested in Tommy Maddox, and I don't think they will draft a QB with so many other needs esp on Defense. Hell, I could see them taking a RB!!!!

Steelers need D help, and a RB because Amous is gone, and Jermone isn't what he once was, but they need a QB. Maddox is mediocre at best, so there is a good chance they may look at rivers, but I think JP will move back up after combines.

Back
Top Bottom