No Fun League | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Fun League

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
speaking of fines kennedy only got 30k for his hit on a defensless WR.

Will he ever learn?? :yell:

If he doesnt change his style he's gonna really hurt someone.

I was at the Denver game when he hit Chambers and the Broncos fans were actually defending him like what he did was legal and "just part of the game." I asked a guy in the stands: "What if he (Chambers) was your son?? What would you say about the hit then?" I didnt hear much from that guy the rest of the game.

I know, the guy is unreal, they were defending him after his hit on the colts WR wayne to. I went over to the board with the name Kennoy the dirty and they kicked me off before I even said anything.

Well froom your s/n they probably knew you intentions so they decided to boot you off.

It is unbelievable that the league gives the same fine to celebrations and illegal and very dangerous hits on players.

I don't see what the big deal is with celebrations. I think they are fun. I thought David Carr's celebration was funny. He doesn't deserve to be fined.

I think celebrations are classless and totally intentionally degrade your opponent.

Back to your son scenario, are you not going to teach him sportsmanship and the valuing of respecting your opponent?

I think anyone who doesn't just hand the ball to the official is a jerk.

True that they are not showing sportsmanship, but that is what Football is all about. People talk trash all game and they do not score TDs. They say stuff like "Not in my house" or "All Day, All Day". These athletes go out their and risk injury and all that, I think they deserve to celebrate, especially If they score a TD.

I think they are taking it to far by fining carr as well. Let 'm play if they score let'm act up for a second what is the damage in it?

Originally posted by Prime Time
True that they are not showing sportsmanship, but that is what Football is all about. People talk trash all game and they do not score TDs. They say stuff like "Not in my house" or "All Day, All Day". These athletes go out their and risk injury and all that, I think they deserve to celebrate, especially If they score a TD.

No, these athletes go out and risk injury for far more money than I'll ever see. I don't slam the papers down when I successfully complete a commercial insurance underwriting project? This is their job, they need to handle themselves like professionals.

I can't stand it when any player dances or tries to show up the other team for doing their job they're paid to do. The celebration comes from winning the game as a team, not by trying to draw attention to yourself for doing the job you're presented with doing.

Don't like the rules? Get a real job. I could always use a good fax guy to retrieve my faxes for me for $8.00 an hour. Think they'd slam them on my desk after doing a good job?

Classless. Plain and simple.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
I think celebrations are classless and totally intentionally degrade your opponent.

Back to your son scenario, are you not going to teach him sportsmanship and the valuing of respecting your opponent?

I think anyone who doesn't just hand the ball to the official is a jerk.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. These guys spend all offseason, countless hours in preparation, getting iced up, massaged, popping pain pills, cortisone shots, etc. for the ability to kick the other teams tail. At the core of it all, it's a game. You deserve to have fun playing a game. After you make a play, IMO, you're entitled to show some excitement. Football is a very emotional game.

How fun is handing the ball to the ref anyway? Think back when you were a kid and you caught that TD, or made that big interception. You celebrated didn't you? Well, it's no different. Yeah, they get paid to play, but with all the training and pain they have to go through, they're obviously in it for the love of the game as well. Okay, I'm rambling now so I'll stop. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

No, these athletes go out and risk injury for far more money than I'll ever see. I don't slam the papers down when I successfully complete a commercial insurance underwriting project? This is their job, they need to handle themselves like professionals.

I can't stand it when any player dances or tries to show up the other team for doing their job they're paid to do. The celebration comes from winning the game as a team, not by trying to draw attention to yourself for doing the job you're presented with doing.

Don't like the rules? Get a real job. I could always use a good fax guy to retrieve my faxes for me for $8.00 an hour. Think they'd slam them on my desk after doing a good job?

Classless. Plain and simple.

Come on bro. You can't compare the two. You aren't surrounded by 70,000 plus rabid watching your every move, cheering you on. Most importantly, you're not playing a game. The mere fact that they get paid doesn't mean they don't have fun.

I'm not trying to sound like an jerk, so please don't take it that way, but have you ever played in front of a crowd of thousands of fans? If not, then you wouldn't understand how emotional the game is. I've only played in front of a few thousand in high school, so I could only imagine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan954

I respect you opinion, but I disagree. These guys spend all offseason, countless hours in preparation, getting iced up, massaged, popping pain pills, cortisone shots, etc. for the ability to kick the other teams tail. At the core of it all, it's a game. You deserve to have fun playing a game. After you make a play, IMO, you're entitled to show some excitement. Football is a very emotional game.

How fun is handing the ball to the ref anyway? Think back when you were a kid and you caught that TD, or made that big interception. You celebrated didn't you? Well, it's no different. Yeah, they get paid to play, but with all the training and pain they have to go through, they're obviously in it for the love of the game as well. Okay, I'm rambling now so I'll stop. :)

I played ball in college a few years ago until I broke my leg. I played CB and didn't score many TD's but I never even came close to spiking the ball or wiling around like a worm on a football field.

If you want to celebrate, celebrate with your team after you've kicked the tail you speak of. It's not needed or warranted by any player at any time, period. If the other team has just given up a big play or lost do you think they deserve to have their noses rubbed in it? At the core of it all, it is a game. That's why they should be providing examples of how to be a man and play like one to everyone watching. The reason it's gotten to where it is because of people whothink it's ok.

I went through alot to get where I am today, and that involves a lot of preparation and sacrifice as well. I have said it all along, players who act like this on the field, reflect who they are off of it.

Back
Top Bottom