Noah Igbinoghene will have the most impact of Dolphins 2020 picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene will have the most impact of Dolphins 2020 picks

Like I said in my original post, not saying it wont happen at all, just that he wouldnt be my bet. The post you quoted was a response to a guy comparing the last 3 years of Slay(out of 7) to the rookie year of Noah... Which is way out of left field IMO...
I know, but adding my two cents why I think he could make a bigger impact having two premium CBs on the roster already. We shall see, is it football season yet?

I know, but adding my two cents why I think he could make a bigger impact having two premium CBs on the roster already. We shall see, is it football season yet?
I'm looking at Brandon Jones to make the most impact(If Tua doesnt start). This wont be a popular opinion but I dont see anyone else with an easier road to getting snaps, outside of Rowe, the Fins literally have no one(even remotely capable) at safety.

The OL guys were pretty much drafted on potential so while I expect some snaps for them, it really might not be pretty and more obvious. As for Hunt, he's got to deal with a pretty decent group in front of him so how much playing time is he really going to get?

Keep in mind Im really going by with the idea that more snaps will allow them to make more plays... And no one as an easier road to snaps than BJ IMO...

I'm looking at Brandon Jones to make the most impact(If Tua doesnt start). This wont be a popular opinion but I dont see anyone else with an easier road to getting snaps, outside of Rowe, the Fins literally have no one(even remotely capable) at safety.

The OL guys were pretty much drafted on potential so while I expect some snaps for them, it really might not be pretty and more obvious. As for Hunt, he's got to deal with a pretty decent group in front of him so how much playing time is he really going to get?

Keep in mind Im really going by with the idea that more snaps will allow them to make more plays... And no one as an easier road to snaps than BJ IMO...
I really liked that pick. I started a thread like this one about him as well. Another writer thought he was going to be our surprise starter.

I really liked that pick. I started a thread like this one about him as well. Another writer thought he was going to be our surprise starter.
This dude reverse engeneered most NFL teams defensive playbooks and presented them in interviews as he couldnt participate at the combine, I mean, who does that? Sure his frame is a tad under protypical but the athletism is there. Here's a nice breakdown from a fan of his, and he's not shy about his weaknesses either, its worth a look.

This is purely in my head but that guy has the makeup of Zach Thomas(outside of the position they play obviously)... Not the right size, can still move but knows opponents better than they know themselves and is good at sharing the wealth with his teamates...

Sadly I doubt his impact will match or exceed what Minkah's could have been. Not crying over spilled milk but wish we could have figured that out because our defense would have been elite.

It is bothersome but the reason I get over it is because the player initiated it. And considering how high on Flores I am, I assign the blame to the player. I was very excited when we drafted the player so it’s tough to take in one sense but he panicked in camp and had to be shipped out.

Whether Miami or Pittsburgh is more successful over the next decade is the story that’s left to tell.

He does state in the article he believes Iggy will have the biggest impact on defense as a rookie. If Tua ends up having a bigger impact on defense than Iggy does, that will be a front page story.

I think Davis has a better chance to make a bigger impact. Just might not show up on the stat sheet.

I say a rookie lining up at left tackle and playing the whole season will win.

Sadly I doubt his impact will match or exceed what Minkah's could have been. Not crying over spilled milk but wish we could have figured that out because our defense would have been elite.

Minkah was a malcontent, he was never going to be happy, his mom was never going to be happy, and as soon as he reached FA, he would have been gone, with us having nothing to show for it.

Getting a possible quality L-Tackle that seems like a good guy, and a team player will in the long run pay more dividends then keeping a never satisfied Safetie thst was a lockerroom cancer.

A well written article....

I like dolphins talk for the most part. That article is good, but there is a guy there I do not like. I don’t know his name. Sometimes he’s way off on his player evals. The latest one was them talking about Strowbridge. He basically did his draft analysis like we drafted him to play NT, because he did it for NC. He failed to mention he’s listed as a DE on our roster, and he only played DT/NT for NC due to lack of personnel. There’s others that particular person has talked about in the same manor. I know he wants to be objective, and not bias. He did go on to say his strengths and weaknesses though.

I personally think Igbo is very talented, but very raw. After watching Needham transform last season, I’m positive they can turn Igbo into a solid NFL DB. Article states many things I told some friends of mine who didn’t like the pick. The man played solid against some of the better teams in the SEC, some high graded WRs.

The biggest impact will be TUA regardless of when he starts. I think he will make all the players around him better in practice and in games.

Hello Darius!

Slay played in 338 snaps on defense in his rookie year, which accounted for 4th(amongst CBs on his team-33%), 0 INTs and 5 PDs...

So yeah, elaborate on how you expect Ibuprofen to make the biggest impact on the team as a rookie if he's the 4th CB on the depth chart?
Cool stats.. he is the highest paid corner, that's all

Really depends on how the Fins run their D IMO... We know for sure Ibuprofen isnt going to be #1 or #2 as they've got the 2 highest paid CBs in the NFL already under contract.

Alot of questions stem from that reality
  • How much playing time is he really going to get?
  • Will he strictly play slot?
  • Are Howard and Byron Jones going to be strictly assigned to the opponent #1-2 WRs? If so, how are opposing teams going to react? Are they going to bypass their starters in order to try and pick on the rookie?
  • He's got the mesurables, but is he even ready to be a #3 and get more then 70% of the teams snaps? (Depending on how the fins run nickle or more DBs next season)
Not saying he wont, but I'd be more inclined to bet on a player that's more likely to see the field in 2020...

I don't know enough about Jones but we have a pretty good idea of what Howard can and cannot do. I would guess that Noah is going to be asked to do those things we know Howard struggles with. Going against the Bills you don't want Howard covering Beasley or Brown. Noah on the other hand can probably be handed Brown and told to simply not get beat deep.

I'm guessing it will all be situational with Byron getting thrust more into the do everything role they had envisioned Mikah occupying.

He better play safety then. He is currently our fourth best cb.

Cool stats.. he is the highest paid corner, that's all
And what does that have to do with Noah and his first year impact on the Fins? Im really not following you here...

Back
Top Bottom