Nobody has mentioned Dabol in all this. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nobody has mentioned Dabol in all this.

I'm gonna go against common consensus and say that I think Philbin keeps Daboll.

Daboll has zero west coast experience- he is gone.

All I will say is that our offensive performance over the second half of the season does not warrant a change, granted Philbin may certainly want his own guy. I wasn't gung-ho about getting rid of Sparano because I felt like we had a lot of pieces in place that could have led to success, but now they're being scattered and it's back to square one as far as fitting players to philosophy and getting players to learn and have success and comfort in a system.

Many people here are mentioning Daboll's lack of success in Cleveland. I certainly was skeptical myself at the hire, but can anyone here name me anyone that has had success with an offense in Cleveland? Their top weapons in the passing game are guys not even good enough to be backups on most teams, and their running game is based on a guy whose popularity vastly exceeds his ability to consistently produce.

Here's my view on the matter: Daboll/Moore were actually only SLIGHTLY better than Henning/Henne, meaning not good enough to keep.

Henning/Henne - Moved the ball slowly and somewhat efficiently down the field, gaining a lot of yards between the 20s. Red Zone production was a lot of FGs, a few TDs, a few INTs, and a bunch of Marshall drops.

Daboll/Moore - Moved the ball with more excitement between the 20s, with a lot of plays over 20-25 yards. But, those were offset by a lot of sacks/fumbles by Moore ending with less total passing yardage than Henning/Henne. Red Zone production was similar to Henning/Henne with mostly FGs and Marshall drops. Moore did throw more TDs from outside the Red Zone than Henne.

Overall, Daboll seemed to be a better playcaller than Henning, but only between the 20s. He also couldn't figure out how to consistently score Red zone TDs.

With Philbin being a offensive minded coach I really do not think that Daboll stays... He is going to want someone with a similar philosophy as him... Because Bowles is on the other side of the ball, I think that he has a decent chance of hanging around...

All I will say is that our offensive performance over the second half of the season does not warrant a change, granted Philbin may certainly want his own guy. I wasn't gung-ho about getting rid of Sparano because I felt like we had a lot of pieces in place that could have led to success, but now they're being scattered and it's back to square one as far as fitting players to philosophy and getting players to learn and have success and comfort in a system.

Many people here are mentioning Daboll's lack of success in Cleveland. I certainly was skeptical myself at the hire, but can anyone here name me anyone that has had success with an offense in Cleveland? Their top weapons in the passing game are guys not even good enough to be backups on most teams, and their running game is based on a guy whose popularity vastly exceeds his ability to consistently produce.

Chudinski had success a few years ago. Daboll is so overrated on this board with his offense actually ranking lower than Hennings the previous year with 7 yards less per game. so if thats successful why did we complain last year

Back
Top Bottom