Nomination: 2022 FinHeaven Lounge Champion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nomination: 2022 FinHeaven Lounge Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always ready for a challenge, so if I get picked, itd be awesome....but I'm humble... so the fact that I was even mentioned as a possibility means the world to me. Thanks @BC Phins4Life man it's really appreciated brother!
I'm available for a per Lounge Champ tip fee... Shoot me the new PS5 and I'll give you the full lowdown...

Ok...so if @BC Phins4Life and @RichmondWeb are in ... @Fred Bear @RedFive declined and @fishfanmiami is retired...i think @Fin Fan in Cali retired too awhile back?...how about...(I can only do 5 right? What if i put an extra if someone declined?)

@Danny
@Durango_95
@Ozfin
@NY8123
@ONole1
@50 years a fan

I know it's more than 5 but if someone declines then maybe you guys can pick one of the remaining?

Your last three are good

Brothers Danny , Durango and Oz opted out or are retired

Here's the thing. I am prepared to compete in this contest but I too am not sure how much time I can devote to it. Last year I was badly out-posted by @Fin-Loco and @ONole1 and I finished a distant third... popularity? quantity?... It was more like a 3 way March Madness round than a Lounge Champion Contest. It really did not reflect who had contributed most/best to the lounge throughout the year; I rarely saw lounge posts from those guys in here until the contest.

I propose that we change this contest to a vote like the other awards. That way our Lounge postings throughout the year will be the criteria for voters. All Monthly Award Winners would be eligible. That would eliminate the need to find 5 eligible and available Lounge Dwellers to compete posting new material.
Posts and threads throughout the year should more relevant.

I am curious how the contest has evolved?

RW

Here's the thing. I am prepared to compete in this contest but I too am not sure how much time I can devote to it. Last year I was badly out-posted by @Fin-Loco and @ONole1 and I finished a distant third... popularity? quantity?... It was more like a 3 way March Madness round than a Lounge Champion Contest. It really did not reflect who had contributed most/best to the lounge throughout the year; I rarely saw lounge posts from those guys in here until the contest.

I propose that we change this contest to a vote like the other awards. That way our Lounge postings throughout the year will be the criteria for voters. All Monthly Award Winners would be eligible. That would eliminate the need to find 5 eligible and available Lounge Dwellers to compete posting new material.

RW
I was only in it last year and to me, it was described as a full month's march madness round. I treated it as such. Up to Fish if he wants to modify it. I didn't think it had nor should have anything to do with the annual contribution to the lounge. It's a contest. Want the trophy, then win the contest.

RW

I get what you are saying but it has always been a MM style battle that separates it from the others and it acts as a showcase of how March madness should be played

True the winner is not always someone who posted the most or best all year long and at one time it was suggested to have a Best lounge poster as well as a Lounge Champ award

We already give away lots of awards to the Lounge guys so I'm not sure we need another one :shrug:

It's really just a fun way for everyone to jump in and joke around with your friends

What's changed over the years is it has become more quantity and less quality

The old battles were no more than 10 or 15 pages and each post was creative. One very clever post could get 10 votes all by itself where as now you may post 10 times or more before you get a vote

Since we have already started we'll do the battle but will consider changing the format for next year

Thanks for your input RW

I get what you are saying but it has always been a MM style battle that separates it from the other and it acts as a showcase of how March madness should be played

True the winner is not always someone who posted the most or best all year long and at one time it was suggested to have a Best lounge poster as well as a Lounge Champ award

It's really just a fun way for everyone to jump in and joke around with your friends

The old battles were no more than 10 or 15 battle and each post was creative. One very clever post could get 10 votes all by itself where as now you may post 10 times before you get a vote

Since we have already started we'll do the battle but will consider changing the format for next year

Thanks for your input RW
My posts were always both quality and hyper quantity lol. My first MM two years ago, the 50 page battle with @Danny almost burned me with my laptop getting so hot. Then I went into last year with a M1 Macbook Pro and three screens.

I get what you are saying but it has always been a MM style battle that separates it from the others and it acts as a showcase of how March madness should be played

We already give away lots of awards to the Lounge guys so I'm not sure we need another one :shrug:

The old battles were no more than 10 or 15 pages and each post was creative. One very clever post could get 10 votes all by itself where as now you may post 10 times or more before you get a vote

Thanks for your input RW
I would like it to be more clever, but I am not sure I will get as much likes for posting something like I did in this thread that took time than posting a scantily clad woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom