Nominations Announced | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nominations Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious.... will this be considered my rookie year?
Sadly no, you will have had to register within the previous year. So that means Rookie of the year in next year's awards will be for those who registered between January 1st 2015 and December 31st 2015.

Though I will say this I am Bane, you came VERY close to getting a nomination in the Draft Forum Poster category.

i'm not one to not state my opinion...and so you guys got it...this was a crock of ****...and i was asked to be on this list of "chosen 11" or whatever the **** it is and i declined cause i felt it in no way reflected the entire board but a select hand picked few...and from what i see that's exactly how it turned out...not to mention i didnt feel i cared enough or had an opinion enough on some of those categories to even nominate people and have it reflect the board

at least put a asterisk on those badges :lol:

instead you stuffed the box a different way by making it so exclusive...but maybe that was the thought process all along...

as for bogus accounts and ballot stuffing only the straight up losers in life on this board would do such a thing...i can probably name them

The thought is and always will be simple hoops the site runs off VIPs so the VIPs should get more perks for joining the site. You stated it yourself, you were asked to help but choose not to do so, if you had you would have seen the broad range of rankings each member gave to individuals. It was pretty cool in my opinion since it avoided "clicks" of members who run together and neutralized that aspect of the nominations (staff included).

If you want to vote become a VIP, the other thing that was done is that each vote is now transparent, 100% transparency, you can see who voted for you in the poll, I don't think you can ask for anymore fairness in an open ballot than that my friend. You also should hang your hat on the fact that you were 4th in best overall poster and all I will say is the results were minimal between the top 4, after that it widened quit a bit and out of how many thousands of posters on this site, I'm not on that list, not even close to the top 17 that received ballots.

The thought is and always will be simple hoops the site runs off VIPs so the VIPs should get more perks for joining the site. You stated it yourself, you were asked to help but choose not to do so, if you had you would have seen the broad range of rankings each member gave to individuals. It was pretty cool in my opinion since it avoided "clicks" of members who run together and neutralized that aspect of the nominations (staff included).

If you want to vote become a VIP, the other thing that was done is that each vote is now transparent, 100% transparency, you can see who voted for you in the poll, I don't think you can ask for anymore fairness in an open ballot than that my friend. You also should hang your hat on the fact that you were 4th in best overall poster and all I will say is the results were minimal between the top 4, after that it widened quit a bit.

i am a vip and i have voted for the ones i should...or could make a call on...as for me and best poster it's not close the amount of info and football analysis i put out there...not even close...so 4th place is bs...but at least you got one guy deserving of consideration in daytona...

I respect your opinion hooshoops and am glad you are letting me know your thoughts. We felt the format as was had some serious flaws and we wanted to try something new. Maybe in the end we will look back and say "that was a mistake" and try something new again. Just now even in the early stages of voting we have ideas to better improve this current model next year. This is an experiment and we will fully evaluate it once it is complete. But so far we think it has gone pretty well and smooth.

Sadly no, you will have had to register within the previous year. So that means Rookie of the year in next year's awards will be for those who registered between January 1st 2015 and December 31st 2015.

Though I will say this I am Bane, you came VERY close to getting a nomination in the Draft Forum Poster category.

appreciated... lol... I'm still in training!!!

i am a vip and i have voted for the ones i should...or could make a call on...as for me and best poster it's not close the amount of info and football analysis i put out there...not even close...so 4th place is bs...but at least you got one guy deserving on there in daytona...

Again I will name one person on the site who gets slighted and in my opinion puts out every bit as much material as you TeddSlimmJr. There is not one poster, yourself included, that puts more effort into that draft forum, I know you pride yourself on being a draft guru and you are but Slimm posts more content, the unfortunate thing for Slimm is that he only wants to post in the draft forum and less than 10% of his content is related to other Miami things and that hurts his chances.

Breaking news about the Miami Dolphins is every bit as important as in-depth player analysis or draft analysis so posters who report from media sources also get ranking because of it. You might say "but NY it's just being the first to post a story that was broke by the media" it is but they damn sure get the news 9 times out of 10 to this site before we see it on larger outlets so it makes this place one of the top sites to go for breaking news about Miami.

It's also about other posters and the responses given to their posts. Explaining to them why their trade or draft proposal isn't realistic goes a lot further than just saying "this isn't Madden chief" or "that player is garbage".

So when you factor all those things into best overall it doesn't always boil down to shear content, there are several areas that reflect that award, just like best overall picture at the Oscars, it isn't about who nets the most money all the time.

Again I will name one person on the site who gets slighted and in my opinion puts out every bit as much material as you TeddSlimmJr. There is not one poster, yourself included, that puts more effort into that draft forum, I know you pride yourself on being a draft guru and you are but Slimm posts more content, the unfortunate thing for Slimm is that he only wants to post in the draft forum and less than 10% of his content is related to other Miami things and that hurts his chances.

Breaking news about the Miami Dolphins is every bit as important as in-depth player analysis or draft analysis so posters who report from media sources also get ranking because of it. You might say "but NY it's just being the first to post a story that was broke by the media" it is but they damn sure get the news 9 times out of 10 to this site before we see it on larger outlets so it makes this place one of the top sites to go for breaking news about Miami.

It's also about other posters and the responses given to their posts. Explaining to them why their trade or draft proposal isn't realistic goes a lot further than just saying "this isn't Madden chief" or "that player is garbage".

So when you factor all those things into best overall it doesn't always boil down to shear content, there are several areas that reflect that award, just like best overall picture at the Oscars, it isn't about who nets the most money all the time.

take a look at who i voted for best draft forum poster...not myself...slimm puts in more content and effort and is earlier than anyone else and i fully acknowledge it...i spend during the nfl season all my time on the pro game...i have no issue with it

and i dont know if you are trying to take shots at me with the "this player is garbage" talk but i break down and give detailed analysis as much as anyone on this board when it comes to evaluations...and i'm more accurate than anyone i've seen...period

at the end of the day we are here to talk football and no one gives you more in that regard overall than i do...across the board...so again this whole 4th place thing is bs and nothing you say or try to take shots at me with is gonna change that...i KNOW what's up

i'm happy for daytona if he wins...

take a look at who i voted for best draft forum poster...not myself...slimm puts in more content and effort and is earlier than anyone else and i fully acknowledge it...i spend during the nfl season all my time on the pro game...i have no issue with it

and i dont know if you are trying to take shots at me with the "this player is garbage" talk but i break down and give detailed analysis as much as anyone on this board when it comes to evaluations...and i'm more accurate than anyone i've seen...period

at the end of the day we are here to talk football and no one gives you more in that regard overall than i do...across the board...so again this whole 4th place thing is bs and nothing you say or try to take shots at me with is gonna change that...i KNOW what's up

i'm happy for daytona if he wins...

It's funny that the person (me) who you claim is taking shots at you ranked you higher than 4th, I'm just telling you how it is and I don't need this site or any other person in the world to stroke my ego in order for me to hold my head high and know who I am and I'm not even ranked in the top 20 lol nor do I care.

You have two choices 1) keep being the great poster and friend of the site that you are or 2) let it consume you to the point that you become a shell of what makes you a great poster. That's what it is.

It's funny that the person (me) who you claim is taking shots at you ranked you higher than 4th, I'm just telling you how it is and I don't need this site or any other person in the world to stroke my ego in order for me to hold my head high and know who I am and I'm not even ranked in the top 20 lol nor do I care.

You have two choices 1) keep being the great poster and friend of the site that you are or 2) let it consume you to the point that you become a shell of what makes you a great poster. That's what it is.

oh i'm not gonna let it consume me...i said my piece and i was as direct as i could be...but i'm also not gonna help carry this ****ing board for you anymore...

good day ny

oh i'm not gonna let it consume me...i said my piece and i was as direct as i could be...but i'm also not gonna help carry this ****ing board for you anymore...

good day ny

How about you just do it because you love to do it and let the chips fall where they may? It's all a hobby brother, none of us get paid to do it. (the irony I see in this situation is that if you had joined the panel and voted for yourself you would have received the nod, isn't that ironic to you? You literally controlled your own destiny).

Thank you for nominating me.

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiamiSoul returns from his cruise yesterday to dispense TRUTH to the POFO and now JUNC makes a triumphant return to give real insight and balance to the main forum!!!!!

[video=youtube;ham6vFy8v2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ham6vFy8v2I[/video]

What a glorious day to be a member of FH!

While I like that you guys are trying to do something different, I don't like that the awards voting is being done by VIPs only this year. That said, site awards are silly vanity thing (says man with site award!), so I can't see how anyone would be upset over this; it's all done for fun, and it should stay that way.

Here's my only gripe with the nominations: How can you NOT have Fins1971 for most controversial? That's crazy, man!

While I like that you guys are trying to do something different, I don't like that the awards voting is being done by VIPs only this year. That said, site awards are silly vanity thing (says man with site award!), so I can't see how anyone would be upset over this; it's all done for fun, and it should stay that way.

Here's my only gripe with the nominations: How can you NOT have Fins1971 for most controversial? That's crazy, man!

He was nominated along with several others but when the finial vote came in he didn't make the final three.

Yeah. Honestly, if I could suggest anything to improve the process, how about just having superlative badges rather than making it a contest with a winner? Like I'd point to the draft board as a great example of this: j-off-her-doll, Fin Thirteen, among others, should definitely be recognized for great stuff in there this year, even if they didn't contribute the same volume of content as some others did.

And believe me, I'm not one of those 'everyone gets a trophy' kind of guys. Not at all. I just think that if the whole point is to recognize great posting, might as well just go ahead and recognize great posters. :)

Yeah. Honestly, if I could suggest anything to improve the process, how about just having superlative badges rather than making it a contest with a winner? Like I'd point to the draft board as a great example of this: j-off-her-doll, Fin Thirteen, among others, should definitely be recognized for great stuff in there this year, even if they didn't contribute the same volume of content as some others did.

And believe me, I'm not one of those 'everyone gets a trophy' kind of guys. Not at all. I just think that if the whole point is to recognize great posting, might as well just go ahead and recognize great posters. :)
what about a nomination badge? these votes are supposed to be in fun, sometimes the vote is right and sometimes it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom