Nominations Announced | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nominations Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion hooshoops and am glad you are letting me know your thoughts. We felt the format as was had some serious flaws and we wanted to try something new. Maybe in the end we will look back and say "that was a mistake" and try something new again. Just now even in the early stages of voting we have ideas to better improve this current model next year. This is an experiment and we will fully evaluate it once it is complete. But so far we think it has gone pretty well and smooth.
or maybe we go with the suggested route of canning it altogether because if this isn't having the desired effect of recognizing posters for their contributions and creating a fun way of picking the most worthy, then this isn't worth it. and I will say there is more to being best overall poster than just providing a wall of text and analysis.

again, this whole process is not about attacking other posters, or bringing up their shortfalls, it's about recognizing them for their worthy contributions. Let's keep it positive.

or maybe we go with the suggested route of canning it altogether because if this isn't having the desired effect of recognizing posters for their contributions and creating a fun way of picking the most worthy, then this isn't worth it. and I will say there is more to being best overall poster than just providing a wall of text and analysis.

again, this whole process is not about attacking other posters, or bringing up their shortfalls, it's about recognizing them for their worthy contributions. Let's keep it positive.
I always liked the awards stuff, I saw it here and suggested it over at TGG and we did it there for a bunch of years. I think it is very fun during the boring part of the offseason.

If I knew I wasn't going to get banned again I would re-up VIP and participate but I am wanted man here:lol: so I can't do it.

Yeah. Honestly, if I could suggest anything to improve the process, how about just having superlative badges rather than making it a contest with a winner? Like I'd point to the draft board as a great example of this: j-off-her-doll, Fin Thirteen, among others, should definitely be recognized for great stuff in there this year, even if they didn't contribute the same volume of content as some others did.

And believe me, I'm not one of those 'everyone gets a trophy' kind of guys. Not at all. I just think that if the whole point is to recognize great posting, might as well just go ahead and recognize great posters. :)

Again I believe those posters were actually nominated and just didn't make the final.

So we'll scrap the BCS for a college playoff then? A post off. Lol

Just noticed there wasn't a category for most artistic like there has been in the past. Pity, as i was going to go all Super PAC for Shifty. Not that i have anything against Vaark and the others who do some great stuff and consistently get nominated, but Shifty went above and beyond. If he cant get a badge, i figured id mention it here so he gets some credit(in spoiler due to length):

r1mw4ka.jpg

People should thank a post of his or, perhaps, buy him a boat in recognition of this vision of beauty.

Just noticed there wasn't a category for most artistic like there has been in the past. Pity, as i was going to go all Super PAC for Shifty. Not that i have anything against Vaark and the others who do some great stuff and consistently get nominated, but Shifty went above and beyond. If he cant get a badge, i figured id mention it here so he gets some credit(in spoiler due to length):

r1mw4ka.jpg

People should thank a post of his or, perhaps, buy him a boat in recognition of this vision of beauty.

He does have a Site Fartist badge. Maybe make it THE Site Fartist?

He does have a Site Fartist badge. Maybe make it THE Site Fartist?

Absolutely. People will be seriously confused about the title of the award in the future...so, you know, im totally on board with this idea. :lol:

r1mw4ka.jpg

Well thanks Spesh. However eliminating the Most Artistic/Creative badge was my idea. Seeing as how most the the awards are meant to award those that actually post in their respective forum, with the exception of a few broad reaching categories, I am the only one who posts on a regular basis in the Graphics forum. Maybe if we can get some more people to post in there we can do it next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an award for "the winner in a pissing contest in an award nomination thread"?

:brewskis:

Though I am still missing the nominations for the "2015 Poster full of doo-doo".......

:troll:

91B4B845-6143-4F15-B52D-C474FABDF959_zpslgsec3md.jpg

:lol: FHMM this year has EPIC ****ing potential :lol:

BTW, feel free to :bumpus:

You shooting for second place again this year Bump ?????

1%20%20%20%20%20%20winktumblr_inline_n5wxau3zsp1sa9rv5_zpsfawvf3wg.gif

The fact I wasn't nominated for anything tells me how much of a sham this process Actually is. I had 2 threads that easily should have been thread of the year nominees. Better luck next year, I guess. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom