Norv to the Raiders? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv to the Raiders?

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

although that would be nice, no. the NFL does not allow picks and coaches to be exchanged.

if norv goes (i wouldn't be upset of he did) who will replace him? thats the bigger issue..

Coordinators? Or Coaches? Because I recall the Raiders getting compensated by the Bucs for Gruden.

Originally posted by Ozzy

Coordinators? Or Coaches? Because I recall the Raiders getting compensated by the Bucs for Gruden.

i don't believe it matters.

if miami drafts Rivers, it would be great to have Charlie Wies as the OC. Rivers uses a system kinda like NE at NC state. maybe next year of DW fails.

I hope we get Rivers and he is a successful I'm from and I went to State I have watchd about 9o% of his games the kid is a winner he put the wolfpack back on the map

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
if miami drafts Rivers, it would be great to have Charlie Wies as the OC. Rivers uses a system kinda like NE at NC state. maybe next year of DW fails.

As much as I would like Weis on the Dolphins, I doubt he would make a lateral move. He deserves to have a shot at a HC position..he just didn't get a chance this year because the damn Pats don't know how to lose a stinkin' game.

Originally posted by gunn34
Exactly. Thee Raiders got 2 #1's

First, Gruden was the HC of the Raiders, he went to be HC of the Bucs. Al Davis wanted compensation from the Bucs to have Gruden and they gave it to him. Norv is the OC of the Miami Dolphins. He is free to go to any team that wants him as a HC without any compensation given to Miami. That is because it's a move up the ladder for him. Miami could in turn sign any teams' Qb coach, WR coach, or OL coach to be their next OC, if that's the route they want to take, without having to give up compensation. They could also hire any teams' OC and name him Asst. Head Coach as well as make him the new OC, as long as he doesn't already hold that title from the departing team.

Secondly, since the Gruden to Tampa deal, the NFL has nixed trading for head coaches.

Originally posted by relive1972

... since the Gruden to Tampa deal, the NFL has nixed trading for head coaches.

I now remember that being discussed on ESPN. As it should be. Maybe we can trade Wanny for another coach???
:D

So, in theory, we could try to attract the Pats OC as OC/Assistant Head Coach? That's something I hadn't considered. Course, the Pats can still try to block it, but I like the idea.

On trading coaches for picks, I believe the NFL has disallowed that practice after the Gruden to Tampa deal.

Our offense stunk it up for a number of reasons, If we get rid of Norv now, while many of our younger guys have just adapted to the system, things could get worse.

Maybe i'm the only person that see's this or maybe i don't know what the hell im talkin about, but it makes sense that a team with alot of offensive power could handle the blow of a new offensive scheme, I don't think we qualify as a sound and consistant offense that would rebound nicely.

Keep Norv and tell the Raiders hell no, I don't know what it is about that franchise that I just can't stand

:mad:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
Our offense stunk it up for a number of reasons, If we get rid of Norv now, while many of our younger guys have just adapted to the system, things could get worse.

Maybe i'm the only person that see's this or maybe i don't know what the hell im talkin about, but it makes sense that a team with alot of offensive power could handle the blow of a new offensive scheme, I don't think we qualify as a sound and consistant offense that would rebound nicely.

Keep Norv and tell the Raiders hell no, I don't know what it is about that franchise that I just can't stand

:mad:

I was going to post the same thing, I doubt this team could handle learning another new offense system and stay at the same level.

Back
Top Bottom