Not impressed with Pat White | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not impressed with Pat White

Keep doubting Pat White...he's the kind of guy that loves to prove doubters wrong!

its ok to say your not impressed with White but remember he is a rookie QB who is trying to learn a new playbook and play behind center which he is not used to. he will get the hang of it guy is a baller, he will make it big in this league

He's a rookie. We have to show some patience. You can't expect rookies to come in here and be pro-bowlers right away.

Good to know your not impressed... I was really eager to know what were your thoughts on that single drive from a pre-season game...

thread =
cameroncut-1.jpg

Which he has yet to do and probably will never do. Beck is a better passer? I find that very laughable that some scrub from BYU is better than the former Heisman Trophy winner. Folks always talk about how Smith can scramble, and he's an athlete, etc. However, the guy doesn't nearly get the credit he deserves as a passer and when he's been out there, he's pretty good. Hell, he was set to be Baltimore's starter last season before he got sick.

The only reason you see Beck as the backup is because you simply refuse to grasp the fact that John Beck just isn't that good. Troy Smith is a better quarterback than Beck, watch the tapes, it's easy too see. By the way, Beck hasn't been promoted to anything, don't put the cart before the horse.

If Cam would have thought Troy was the better passer, he would have been drafted instead of John. And Cam is going to have a lot to say about who the backup is.

And I have watched them both play. Troy has improved like I said. But, Beck has a stronger arm and is more accurate and has more touch on the short passes as well.

I guess we can watch Mon night and the rest of preseason and see for ourselves where they are.

But, yes there is a competition. So, yes THAT is a promotion. Beck wasn't given a shot to win the backup job here last year. He also wasn't even given a shot to win the third team job this year.

I'd call that a promotion. Although really he just went to a better situation. Good for him. And seeing White so far, bad for us.

Keep doubting Pat White...he's the kind of guy that loves to prove doubters wrong!
dosent everyone wanna prove their doubters wrong ? a guy his height size has ben proven time, and time again...as a failure at the qb position. I can think of drew brees, and flutie as small guys who have had success...and flutie was a career back up most of his career, and white is no brees ! i love parcells but p white was drafted too high to be a wrinkle in the offense ! when all the talk started about pat white and the wild cat,and ...draft pat white for the wild cat ra! ra!..all i could think of was ...mistake! never wanted him ..think of every superbowl winning team and their qb....make sense ?....a pocket passer wins ...unless u have the ravens defense the year the won with dilfer

People said the same thing about him before college football and look how that turned out for him. Im not going to guarantee you he's going to be a pro bowl QB but give the guy a chance. There is no way to tell whether a player is going to pan out or not once he gets to the NFL. If any of us on this board had the abilityto know who was going to succeed and fail in the NFL we wouldnt be here on the message board, we would be making the big bucks working for some NFL team. So give the guy more than the 3 or 4 NFL series hes played before labeling him a bust

I think its sad that you can't toss in one bit of valid criticism about one of our rookie players without half the board thinking you're jumping the gun declaring someone a bust.

I understand concerns, but nobody goes into ajob the first day ready to take the company over! Time will tell

How many different threads have there been since the beginning of training camp regarding being "unimpressed" with a particular player? Every time I come to finheaven there is a new one:

Not impressed with Henne
Not impressed with Pat White
Not impressed with Vontae Davis
Not impressed with [insert any other player on the roster]

If the kid hasn't played how can you evaluate, and stop trying to make him Dan Marino, This young man has a certain skill set that is valuable to the dolphins, please please please just worry about the team as a whole, You can nick pick everyone on the team including Chad Pennington, so lets be fair to the yung man.

I really haven't been impressed with Pat White any of the two games I've seen him in. Granted, his time in this game was surprisingly limited (assuming he doesn't play in the second half but thats doubtful), but he hasn't shown the least bit of ability to make the plays that an NFL QB needs to be able to make in his sleep. His one play is to drop back and then tuck the ball and run, and that just doesn't get the job done in the NFL. Michael Vick was much faster and much more elusive than White, and a much better passer, and many still don't consider him a successful NFL QB (pre-dog incident).

Until White can learn to stand in the pocket for more than a second and complete a genuine NFL pass, he isn't going to be a useful QB.[/quote]

OMG - the sky is falling

Back
Top Bottom