Not impressed with Pat White | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not impressed with Pat White

Wow, Goon...I'm surprised to hear that from you. Where is the patience? People were called out as Chicken Littles for calling John Beck a bust after an entire season and two training camps. Now we're calling Pat White a bust when he hasn't even finished his second preseason game?

In fairness, I haven't liked the White pick from day 1. Hope I'm wrong.

In fairness, I haven't liked the White pick from day 1. Hope I'm wrong.

Me neither. I think picking a situational player that high is crazy.

But, I pray I am wrong. I doubt it though.

Second round picks are too valuable to waste.

Beck sucks, plus he's injured. So not only does he suck, but he's also a wuss.

He looked pretty good his last time out. Beck hasn't thrown a pick other than practice (and ALL QBs throw them in practice) since his rookie year and you say he sucks?

Um, he also is playing again after you posted he had a broken collarbone.

And you call him a wuss?

Wow, I guess a guy must play with a broken leg before you think he a tough enough huh? :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
His one play is to drop back and then tuck the ball and run, and that just doesn't get the job done in the NFL.

That play was a designed run. How can it be White's fault for doing what the coaches called? I thought White managed the game pretty well for a rookie who has been in an NFL offense for about 3 months. Henne is who you should be worried about.

Anyways, Pat White is a work in progress at quarterback. Sorry, but that's what he is. He played in a spread offense his entire college career and he now has to learn how to be an NFL Quarterback now. Granted, Miami also drafted him to be a Wildcat/Spread guy, but god forbid if Penny or Henne goes down, Pat needs to know how to play the traditional quarterback role.

I will definately be watching how much he's improved his clipboard holding skills, while Cleo Lemon takes all of his reps.

Lemon is the 4th team QB. Beck is in a battle for the backup spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, Pat White is a work in progress at quarterback. Sorry, but that's what he is. He played in a spread offense his entire college career and he now has to learn how to be an NFL Quarterback now. Granted, Miami also drafted him to be a Wildcat/Spread guy, but god forbid if Penny or Henne goes down, Pat needs to know how to play the traditional quarterback role.

Sorry I have to disagree...Why does White have to be a traditional QB. Jim Kelly...Dan Marino...and now Tom Brady play's alot out of the shotgun...and they didn't have a problem. Does he need to learn...yes...but you can't change him totally into a pocket passer...look what they did to Vince Young....and didn't they try changing him?
Young is a weapon without bullets...they have totally screwed him up. I hope they don't do that to White.

What battle? Everything I've read it seems like Troy Smith has that job on lockdown. The guy has looked fantastic.

They have both looked good in TC. Troy is the incumbent. So, John has to outplay him.

I have heard them mentioning having one be the backup one week and the other the next week. It is that close.

Beck is the better passer even though Smith has improved greatly in that area. So, in the end I see Beck being the backup before too long.

So, he got cut from this team. But, he was promoted on a better team.

Go figure.

They have both looked good in TC. Troy is the incumbent. So, John has to outplay him.

I have heard them mentioning having one be the backup one week and the other the next week. It is that close.

Beck is the better passer even though Smith has improved greatly in that area. So, in the end I see Beck being the backup before too long.

So, he got cut from this team. But, he was promoted on a better team.

Go figure.

Which he has yet to do and probably will never do. Beck is a better passer? I find that very laughable that some scrub from BYU is better than the former Heisman Trophy winner. Folks always talk about how Smith can scramble, and he's an athlete, etc. However, the guy doesn't nearly get the credit he deserves as a passer and when he's been out there, he's pretty good. Hell, he was set to be Baltimore's starter last season before he got sick.

The only reason you see Beck as the backup is because you simply refuse to grasp the fact that John Beck just isn't that good. Troy Smith is a better quarterback than Beck, watch the tapes, it's easy too see. By the way, Beck hasn't been promoted to anything, don't put the cart before the horse.

Back
Top Bottom