Not impressed with Pat White | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not impressed with Pat White

Sounds like we're not as far apart as I initially thought. You're right...Beck was a terrible bust and it will take some time for Pat White to adjust from a shotgun spread offense to an NFL offense.

For the record, I was a big believer in Carey and I thought that he was being unfairly judged and part of his problem was the coaching staff itself. Carey has developed into a nice, it not outstanding player, and I'm happy he finally got a chance to show what he had.

I wish the coaches would put him in the wildcat formations. The few plays tonight were traditional sets. Lets see what he can do leading the wildcat. This formation not only utilizes his passing and running, but gives him time to see around the line since the play begins in the shotgun.

Going back to your original post.

You say Pat White has shown nothing the 2 games you've saw him play. Did you watch these two games? Against Jax his WR's dropped very catchable balls. and the INT wasnt his fault either. He didnt impress me, but he didnt un-impress me either

same goes for tonight

Act like you didnt see my post? I'll post it again, updated

He played 1 series. Maybe nobody was open when he tucked the ball and ran? Better than taking a sack.

You need to loosen up kind sir

No NFL QB could have gone through progressions as fast as White decided to drop the ball and run. I'm not talking about his apparent QB draw either.

No NFL QB could have gone through progressions as fast as White decided to drop the ball and run. I'm not talking about his apparent QB draw either.

That's true. As soon as the screen was taken away he immediately took off. Very few run first QB's get out of that habit.

Pat White was drafted to ONLY run the wildcat. To believe he was drafted to be a pro set offense is to believe a well designed lie.

If Henne and Penny go down this year, flush our season right down the toilet.

Even the Beck haters will be clamoring to have him back again.

White is less developed as an NFL QB than Beck was even in his rookie preseason.

If Beck were in camp, he would easily have beaten White out.

That is why they ditched him. Parcells can't handle controversy. Makes him uneasy.

White was a worse pick than Ginn and Beck combined.

Ronnie did just fine in the wildcat last year. Didn't he go to the pro bowl because of how well he ran the wildcat?

Oh yeah he did didn't he?

Pat White was drafted to ONLY run the wildcat. To believe he was drafted to be a pro set offense is to believe a well designed lie.

If Henne and Penny go down this year, flush our season right down the toilet.

If a team's first two quarterbacks go down, you can flush any team's season down the toilet.

I'm not defending Pat White per say, but c'mon guys. NFL Rookie, two preseason games, limited playing time, much different and faster game than college football.

Give it time guys. His role may be nothing than a back-up QB his entire career. He may be nothing but another Kordell Stewart, but don't get your panties in an uproar over a rookie season and two preseason games.

Besides, look at some of the crap QB's Parcells has had to contend with. If he didn't see something in Pat White, I'm sure we wouldn't have drafted him.

You have to give the guy a chance, same as I was going crazy when some were saying he will be the future and not Henne, I also think he is also not an unimpressive player, in time he will be a very dynamic, talented player, and could be an extremely good backup when Pennington is done....he will also be a weapon with those feet and insticts.

He is a specialty QB, he is doing what he will be doing in the regular season.
but why waste a second round pick for that ?...a high second rounder at that !...i never liked the pick and didnt want him at all really !

Pat white does not look like a menance out there, but this is his SECOND PRE-SEASON GAME wtff....the guy hasnt made many mistakes - he gains positive yards on the ground and i havnt really had the chance to see him in there for a really extended period of time with teh right ppl around him. I think white def can be special but he needs time i think for our 3rd QB hes pretty good.

Saying he was drafted just for the wildcat proves to be an ignorant and silly statement.

you have no clue why he was drafted and by the way they are using him it seems they are truely interested in developing him.

Henne looks solid but nothing more. Penny looks the same as last yr so far which is a good thing. IMO we have 2 cool backups/prospects but The henne hypers have not really been proven to be right at all thus far. Henne looks like a backup - a solid backup but a backup.

I wish the coaches would put him in the wildcat formations. The few plays tonight were traditional sets. Lets see what he can do leading the wildcat. This formation not only utilizes his passing and running, but gives him time to see around the line since the play begins in the shotgun.

They will Grasshopper...they will...

I think that once they start the closed practices this week that they will begin their real intentions with White. I believe he will be used as a red-zone threat...

Back
Top Bottom