Now I wish Miami didn't get Seau | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now I wish Miami didn't get Seau

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know he had a decent season and all, but now that I see the outstanding class of free agent OLB's available...I wish Miami only had Seau for one season.

Ian Gold Broncos UFA 26
Eric Barton Raiders UFA 26
Marcus Washington Colts UFA 26
Brandon Short Giants UFA 27
Dhani Jones Giants UFA 26

Oh well..figures with Miami's luck. If any of these guys were available last year, I think Miami might've gone after one of them instead of Seau.

Marcus Washington would be a decent SSLB and we could toss Eddie Moore in at WSLB his natural position.

Seau is by no means safe for the 2004 season. Spielman said we've got some "hard decisions" to make on defense. Bowens and Thomas are restructuring, and so is Sam Madison. Those aren't hard decisions, those decisions were already made. The only candidates for "hard decisions" after them are of course Ogunleye, then Marion, and Seau. I could hardly call Fletcher, if he gets cut, a "hard decision"

I was thinking the same thing man. He made tackles, got sacks, and was fired up...BUT he did not make many plays as he is known for making...I wish we had got Colvin or Spikes last year to tell you the truth.

I dont regret getting Seau. The guys a positive influence, and a good player still. Could we have picked up someone better? Maybe. Would it be worth it for the price? Maybe.

Defense isnt our problem. Our linebacking core was fine last season. We might need to look at addressing which linebackers we use in specific packages, though. Greenwood doesnt deserve to be let go or benched, though.

If we do any changes on Defense, we've got greater needs then linebacker. We definately need to replace Marion. In cover 2, he's starting to show some big weakness, and in man coverage he's too slow.

Another guy I would like for us to look at is Rod Coleman. Maybe I'm misjudging, but I dont think he'll be expensive because hes not an every down DT. We might wanna look at putting him at DE.

At the time last year, with Seau we were a SB team we should have went to the SB, we slipped up. But ofcourse now your gonna find what ifs. So u cant look at that

I don't think getting Seau was a mistake at all. I want him here and I am happy that we traded for him. There might be some good LBs as free agents, but I doubt we would go after any of them if we didn't have Seau. Seau is still a good OLB who is a good leader and plays with heart.

Anyway, Seau is better than a bunch of the free agent LBs you listed.

Ian Gold will be coming off a torn ACL.

Not having Seau just means we'd have yet another hole to fill and spend money on. WLB is not of any concern. LB isn't of any major concern. Seau is fine for another season.

SEAU SOLID!

You people are RIDICULOUS! Seau had a SOLID season last season and was a HUGE upgrade over Derrick Rodgers! Seau was all over the place,blowing up plays and disrupting offenses.He made alot of plays by simply pushing the runner back into containment! Why do I even have to explain??? SEAU IS A STUD and still has some gas left in the tank! Let's just shop for OLB free agents just to shop because it's fun! We aren't 10 Million over the cap or anything!

Seau was second in tackles behind Z. Thomas that is not bad for a old man that had to adjust to a new team after being with another team for 12 yrs. He plays with heart if anybody is a leader for pep talks in the lockeroom on the field pump up the players it is Junior Seau I believe that is one of the reasons that dolphins were so interested in him so much. To me that was one of the best decisions in the past couple of years except for getting Ricky Williams now he needs to step up an be a leader.

Seau did good last season and you should all stop regreting it. Next year he could be the best in the league for all you know.

Miami should have got Short last year with a 3rd(RFA) but instead we got Eddie Moore in the 2nd:egads:.

I thought when Seau came in it was the end of Zach.

This Scenario could happen but most likely wont.Seau still can play Middle LB and Zach could become a FA if Miami chose the route.

Originally posted by musphinzfan
Miami should have got Short last year with a 3rd(RFA) but instead we got Eddie Moore in the 2nd:egads:.

This Scenario could happen but most likely wont.Seau still can play Middle LB and Zach could become a FA if Miami chose the route.
:shakeno: :couch:

Originally posted by musphinzfan

The part about ZT and Seau is utter Blasphemy, there are two reasons why Junior was moved to Weak Side Linebacker...

1) Gives him more ability to roam
2) Hes slow! Too slow to be as consistent at MLB

Seau was moved to WLB years ago, and is unlikely to return to the MLB position, to think Zach tHomas would be replaced by someone that isnt in the same category production wise as him in this stage of his career is ridiculous...

Seau was a good signing no doubt, but I would rather have Spikes or Colvin who would be here for more than two years. We would not have to worry about OLB for a while, but now with Seau retiring in a year or two we will have to worry about it sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom