Now I wish Miami didn't get Seau | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now I wish Miami didn't get Seau

I think for what we paid for him, he was a great pick up. He actually was one of our better players on defence last year. I think he'll be better this coming season too.If only every player on our team had his heart, maybe we'd have won it all last year.

Ozzy rules!!

JR had alot of key penalties last year. I remember a persoanl foul that might have cost us a game and a bunch of off sides with all his BS dancin around at the LOS. Remove the penalties and he was a massive upgrade with the penalties he almost hurt us as much as helped. Its bad dicipline and shows a lack of leadership two reasons we brought him here. Throw Eddie Moore in the mix next year and I like our LBs

The only regret I had about signing Seau is that we needed offensive help more. And that is what ultimately sunk us this year.

A bigger disapppointment was Sammy Knight. Did he do anything this year?

Ya I expected more from SK, but no one can tell me picking up Junior was a mistake. It's not like you can blame the guy for wanting to come to miami, he wants a ring. I agree we need O help.

Really, the guys we brought in did pretty much what was expected. I just personally feel they're bad fits for the defense we like to run.

They're both slow, are liabilities in coverage and are prone to penalties.

Our defense is built on speed and the ability to only rush four and then have the luxury of dropping everyone else into coverage.

It defeats the purpose if the people dropping into coverage can't cover.

Its just my opinion but i think getting Seau was a very positive addition and i hope we keep him until he retires. He is a good guy to have along side Thomas to help get the young guys ready, he has unbelievable drive and determination and he is an great leader. I love his spark and excitement that he brings. Plus he had a good year... maybe not GREAT but still very good. No negatives here... rather have a longtime vet that we all know can get the job done then a rookie that could always end up a flop.

Originally posted by TerryTate

The part about ZT and Seau is utter Blasphemy, there are two reasons why Junior was moved to Weak Side Linebacker...

1) Gives him more ability to roam
2) Hes slow! Too slow to be as consistent at MLB

Seau was moved to WLB years ago, and is unlikely to return to the MLB position, to think Zach tHomas would be replaced by someone that isnt in the same category production wise as him in this stage of his career is ridiculous...

I want to know how it gives him to roam(1) if he is too slow(2).

Zach is probably as slow as him.Zach is not fast at all and get steam roled by anyone who hit him.Miami should opt to let him become a FA and clear some CAP.

Having Seau here is nice if he plays to the same level as he did in 2003 I guess, but he's eating up a lot of cap room that might be best used on a younger player or an offensive addition.

I'm not saying its too bad we got Seau I liked what he did in 2003, what I'm saying is if I remember the way his contract was structured he's got a pretty hefty figure this year. Just checked its $2.5 million plus whatever signing bonus he has which should be about a million I think the bonus was $3 mil.

I for one think that money could be used best on offense...for instance maybe a June 1st casualty on the OL? Dunno, just thinkin out loud. If Moore is back I think Moore or Jenkins could hold down WSLB for the year instead of Junior.

Originally posted by bryan allen
JR had alot of key penalties last year. I remember a persoanl foul that might have cost us a game and a bunch of off sides with all his BS dancin around at the LOS. Remove the penalties and he was a massive upgrade with the penalties he almost hurt us as much as helped. Its bad dicipline and shows a lack of leadership two reasons we brought him here. Throw Eddie Moore in the mix next year and I like our LBs

Every great players makes mistakes during key situations so I completely disagree.

If I not mistaking Jason Taylor had a load of offside penalties last season so that is not an issue. I like the intensity that Seau shows on the field Ray Lewis shows the same kind of intensity it pumps everybody up.

Originally posted by musphinzfan

I want to know how it gives him to roam(1) if he is too slow(2).

Zach is probably as slow as him.Zach is not fast at all and get steam roled by anyone who hit him.Miami should opt to let him become a FA and clear some CAP.

I had a hard time understanding this post, what exactly are you saying here? Are you saying we should opt to let Zach, a top 5 LB, become a FA...? Not only is that a bad idea, but you can't just make someone a FA - he's got a few years left.

You can if you cut him.

I don't think Zach is worth what he's paid anymore. There's other guys out there with instincts like his without the physical gifts that can probably rack up the tackles like Zach can. And there are guys out there with the instincts AND the physical gifts, that can not only rack up the tackles but make big plays happen, and cover.

I like Thomas if he don't make the tackle he is always around he is smart read the qb real well one of the best in the at that. He is all over the field all the time. He plays hard on the field and if we did'nt have Thomas I believe that we would lose a couple more games a year.

I didn't read one post, but all I have to say is Dhani Jones... He is a speedy cat, something miami needs on D.

Cut Zach Thomas?

Did you SEE the Tennesee game last year?
Yeah thats a GREAT idea. :rolleyes:

i dont think we should cut him, he just needs to take a paycut....hes not quite worth what we pay him anymore (still a dang good MLB tho)

Back
Top Bottom