Now Marion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Marion

Originally posted by WharfRat

Just an FYI... we do not pattern our board to be like any others. It really is of no concern to me what is posted on those boards. We run ours differently.
This argument reminds me of the child whose mom won't let him go across the busy highway by himself... and says "but Mom...Billys' mother lets him go!!"

We are not Billy's mother... we are FinHeaven, we have our own standards, our own TOS, and since we've been very succesful with our way of doing things... intend to continue along this path.

Sorry if this upsets you MD... but we are what we are, because of the way we are...

No problems with Standards WharfRat, but they need to be consistent with everyone, I've watch those debates and we have said somethings to them that should have banned us, and no one said a word.. So don't get on a high and mighty roll unless you play fair with everyone...With that, I don't won't to see us crying Mom, when someone else smack us around a little, we hit back, they hit back, we ban them. We are Finheaven and should be able to take punches as well as give them. We're not what we are, we are what some of us have become, " Cry babies". And some members on this board would back me up on that. This is Football, we're successfull on this board because we talk a good game and we, the Fans can usually back it up both in football knowledge and smack.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If some Bills fan ever tried to kick my ***, I'd be like "hey, why don't you stop dressing me up like a mailman, and making me dance for you, while you go and smoke crack in the bedroom, and have sex with some guy I don't even know, on my dad's bed."

Originally posted by infiltrateib
If some Bills fan ever tried to kick my ***, I'd be like "hey, why don't you stop dressing me up like a mailman, and making me dance for you, while you go and smoke crack in the bedroom, and have sex with some guy I don't even know, on my dad's bed."

wtf?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No problems with Standards WharfRat, but they need to be consistent with everyone, I've watch those debates and we have said somethings to them that should have banned us, and no one said a word.. So don't get on a high and mighty roll unless you play fair with everyone...With that, I don't won't to see us crying Mom, when someone else smack us around a little, we hit back, they hit back, we ban them. We are Finheaven and should be able to take punches as well as give them. We're not what we are, we are what some of us have become. Cry babies. And some members on this board would back me up on that. This is Football, we successfull on this board because we talk a good game and we the Fans can usually back it up both in football knowlegde and smack.:D

Standards wasn't my point... it was the comparison to other boards... something that quite frankly, I've grown tired of. We are not those other boards, and do not mirror their policy. We have our own, thank you very much.
As for a high and mighty roll, I think perhaps you misjudge my intentions, which are, to maintain the standards that AJ has asked me to. This is, after all, a Dolphins forum, we have a specific place for smack, and instigation. I myself participate in the much fun to be had in that forum, when time permits... and have no problem whatsoever with someone "smacking me back". If it starts getting too "smackish" in the main forum... I put an end to it. Those are the standards, if the Bills fans seem to be caught up in that more often than not...then perhaps that should be an indication of something.
Last, some members may back you up that we don't tolerate enough in the main forum, however, I honestly believe that the overwhelming majority of the members prefer it as is.

Originally posted by WharfRat

Standards wasn't my point... it was the comparison to other boards... something that quite frankly, I've grown tired of. We are not those other boards, and do not mirror their policy. We have our own, thank you very much.
As for a high and mighty roll, I think perhaps you misjudge my intentions, which are, to maintain the standards that AJ has asked me to. This is, after all, a Dolphins forum, we have a specific place for smack, and instigation. I myself participate in the much fun to be had in that forum, when time permits... and have no problem whatsoever with someone "smacking me back". If it starts getting too "smackish" in the main forum... I put an end to it. Those are the standards, if the Bills fans seem to be caught up in that more often than not...then perhaps that should be an indication of something.
Last, some members may back you up that we don't tolerate enough in the main forum, however, I honestly believe that the overwhelming majority of the members prefer it as is.

Wharf, I won't try to keep this going too long, I understand your points, but My point is that Fans, bills fan, jets fans, pats fan and others, will always defend themselves, call it smack or whatever, My point is when it's done, we're involved too.. I know the majority enjoys some of the smack themselves by their participation, look at the "I told you so" thread..15 pages of jawing. If a another team fan entered that and said some of the things that we're saying to each other, BANNED..I'm not saying be like other boards, but be consistent to all the members...If they are a member, they are a member regardless of Team loyality. It's the Fans that make a board, a board. And we have some of the best on this board..I agree with one thing in the main forum. posts should not be personal...but other than that, let them have fun. Generally on this board there's enough Finfans to drown out other teams fan...at some point if you feel it's gone too far, cut the threat..don't ban people, especially if you're not going to ban all the people involved. It's fairness that I'm alluding to here, not standards.

As for injuries, which I believe was the actual theme of this thread...

With very little effort I found this:

"Although the list of injured players continues to shrink, Kenyatta Jones, Gene Mruczkowski, Antwoine Womack, Tully Banta-Cain, Chas Gessner and J.R. Redmond all missed the morning session. …"

on the Patriots site... This time of the year, this early in the preseason, every team has players who get dinged, and 99% of the time it's little stuff, but it's filler for articles...

Here, here Wharf Rat. I personally don't waste my time attempting to antagonize opposing fans on their boards, and find it annoying when they do it here. When they have things to contribute I am very interested to read what they have to say. There will be the occasional sarcastic remark or something like that, but when they are simply trying to get someone's goat it's distracting to good football talk. We are here to talk about our team, not reply to comments from people about our family members. I personally appreciate this board's rules and am happy to read threads where the majority of talk is about football and doesn't sound like a pick-up basketball game. I enjoy smack as much as the next person, but it's not what I'm on this board for.

MD I will say that its not necessarily a problem with the mods alone. There are a LOT of dolfan posters on here who will go unnamed who bombard the mods with email requests for them to ban ALL bills fans from the forums...let alone emails that ask why we allow bills fans to talk smack to us on our own forum. Its these people who you should be directing your arguments against MD, not wharf and the mods because they are just doing their best to straddle that fine line between whats fair and what the majority of dolfan posters on the board seem to want.

But this will ALL be moot after we beat the Bills in the first game. And it will be REALLY moot when we beat the Bills in the second game too :)

I was one person who fought pretty hard to get CW unbanned, and I see that he is unbanned which makes me happy and confident in the mods here at FH. My whole thing is that the TOS should be applied equally to everyone be it dol-fans or bills fans. inFins felt that CW had broken the TOS, but I did not feel this was true and in the end I think most of the mods did not feel that CW had broken the TOS either which is I'm sure why they unbanned him.

There's all kinds of contributions to a message board...even ones that bills fans and pats fans and jets fans can make on ours. Some post obscure articles like PatsWin. Some come in with knowledge of the salary cap like clumped. In this case CW contributed what I felt was a pretty funny joke. I mean, if I wrote it, or if some other phin fan like Muck wrote it, I'm sure there would have been some laughs. So then we're begged the question do bills fans get banned for saying something phin fans could say without getting banned. Like I said, I want the TOS applied equally to all.

Just one correction CK.....CW is here because "I" decided to let him back in....It was entirely MY call.....I may have been a little over protective of this site and I realize that he was just making a joke to begin with but, he was banned for the comment about f*cking my sister, not the joke about Marion. Had he responded with "It's just a joke" and left it at that there wouldn't have been a problem.

There is a Jets board I frequent and I NEVER disrespect them the way some other fans do Dolphins fans on this forum...

In the end, it's up to the MODS to do as they see fit, but I think it's not unfair to hold fans of other teams to a "different" standard than Dolphins fans... After all, you tend to take insults about your family from another family member better than you would from a total stranger...

I like to imploy the ignore method, meaning I read what they write but don't dignify it with a response...

Originally posted by inFINSible
Just one correction CK.....CW is here because "I" decided to let him back in....It was entirely MY call.....I may have been a little over protective of this site and I realize that he was just making a joke to begin with but, he was banned for the comment about f*cking my sister, not the joke about Marion. Had he responded with "It's just a joke" and left it at that there wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm just curious... Was it that he said something about having sex with someone or because it was your sister, specifically??? IMO, if there was not even the most remote chance that he would have had sex with your sister, which I would hope to be consensual, then what is the big deal...

What I'm asking, actually, was it because of a "personal" attack on your sister's honor, or the mention of f***ing someone, in general...

It was an open challenge directed at me and my authority to ask him why he felt the need to continually cause problems on the main board....I felt that the tensions on this board concerning injuries to our players was at a high point and a remark like that whether it was a joke or not, coming from a bills fan, would invoke hostilities in subsequent replies...So under orders to keep the peace I stepped in....In hindsight I may have been wrong about the responses forthcoming but, I have already taken action to rectify that mistake...IMO, this needs to drop now. There will be no changes in rule enforcement and there will be no changes in the way this board is run. I would suggest that anyone who would like to change the way things are done around here, that they should go through the proper channels in the complaint forum or that they should consider becoming a mod here so that they can walk in someone elses shoes before passing judgement.

Back
Top Bottom