Now Marion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Marion

Whatever happened to the "You May Be Right" thing?

On this whole banning thing...

I don't really pay much attention to who is or isn't banned... Every board has it's own TOS and I would think that anyone who gets banned from any of them could, with the proper amount of begging, get a second chance...

Posting on forums isn't a right, it's a priveledge, and every board has the right to set up their own TOS... Those who spend the time creating forums have every right to moderate them as they see fit... If people like it, they will frequent the board... Frequent posting doen't seem to be a problem here, so something must be right with this system...

I have been, and currently am, banned from one forum, and they did me a favor... All I was doing was defending the team... So they have their rules and TOS, and I gladly oblidge by them and don't register there anonymously...

There will be no changes in rule enforcement and there will be no changes in the way this board is run.

According to other people I have spoken with, I do not know this to be entirely true...

And for the record, just for T-Rock so he doesn't get the wrong idea. CirclingWagons did not "make a comment about fvcking inFins sister"

In response to the title post of the thread, CW typed a funny parody and said "Brock Marion tore his medial collateral ligament in his knee while jogging to the water cooler" I laughed. inFins came in and felt that was inappropriate and said that this is exactly why CW ran into trouble before. So in response CW said it was just a joke and then he said he doesn't understand all the hostility coming directly from inFins toward him, he said "you need to calm down, you act like i just slept with your sister or something "

For this, inFins had him banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ckparrothead
And for the record, just for T-Rock so he doesn't get the wrong idea. CirclingWagons did not "make a comment about fvcking inFins sister"

In response to the title post of the thread, CW typed a funny parody and said "Brock Marion tore his medial collateral ligament in his knee while jogging to the water cooler" I laughed. inFins came in and felt that was inappropriate and said that this is exactly why CW ran into trouble before. So in response CW said it was just a joke and then he said he doesn't understand all the hostility coming directly from inFins toward him, he said "you need to calm down, you act like i just slept with your sister or something "

For this, inFins had him banned.

I had better not comment...

Everyone is so nice to each other on this forum, that is why I post here.

you know, the topic of this thread had me scared,.... and after seeing so many pages next to it, made me worry even more......but im glad all it was, was a bunch of fights!

Sorry T-Rock even when I'm tryin to give you the facts "for the record" I screwed it up. But you can't blame me I was going on memory because the whole thread was moved and then censored.

What CW really said was "you need to calm down, you act like i just slept with your sister or something"

I edited my post to reflect that. He didn't even use the F word.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Just one correction CK.....CW is here because "I" decided to let him back in....It was entirely MY call.....I may have been a little over protective of this site and I realize that he was just making a joke to begin with but, he was banned for the comment about f*cking my sister, not the joke about Marion. Had he responded with "It's just a joke" and left it at that there wouldn't have been a problem.

Infin, I'm guilty of thinking you were too sensitive, CK describe the incident to a tee. I thought it was funny as well, he was being very sacarassic, I just ignored him, his response to you was based on thinking you were picking on him, I'd have to say, well I won't say here, this is not the place, but I give you guys as Mod credit for running the board and I know it's not easy. I quess I visit other boards and see how some of the members from here post on their boards and then when they come back here, we seem all defensive. I just think it wasn't fair. Everyone is having fun, some at the expense of others, as long as it's not personal, it's okay to me. Ck I wasn't directing all my wrath at the Mods, I realize there are those who do the PM to the mods all the time, I defended CW on a PM myself, because it did look like he was targeted. Infin, you did seem like you were following him around, and as soon as he even got a little smart, you pounched. We all get different things from this board, Smack, Great Dolphins info, general Football info, great debates and annoying other fans. I guess that what's make this board so good to me. We can choose to ignore fans and reply to those post we're interested in, it's a matter of choice. Wharf thinks I'm telling you guys to be like other boards, I'm not, I'm saying be equal in treatment to all members, otherwise don't make it a open board. Make them swear loyalty to the dolphins only..LOL..but you see how rediculous that is...Ol well do the best you guys can and hopefully the rest of us will grow some thicker skin. Thanks for listening and your patience in this matter.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
you know, the topic of this thread had me scared,.... and after seeing so many pages next to it, made me worry even more......but im glad all it was, was a bunch of fights!

exactly what i was thinking!:lol:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Wharf thinks I'm telling you guys to be like other boards, I'm not, I'm saying be equal in treatment to all members, otherwise don't make it a open board.

MD... I happen to understand your position... you raised some good points in the ohter thread, that I've been unable to answer yet..
so let's just say... I happen to agree that banning should be a last resort... I always have.
I try hard to be objective and fair... but unfortunately, it doesn't always work...
Let's move on shall we? We have football to discuss...

Originally posted by WharfRat

MD... I happen to understand your position... you raised some good points in the ohter thread, that I've been unable to answer yet..
so let's just say... I happen to agree that banning should be a last resort... I always have.
I try hard to be objective and fair... but unfortunately, it doesn't always work...
Let's move on shall we? We have football to discuss...

I agree, the subject was getting old to me too..Thanks for you patience..

Have some :eat: on me. :D

Back
Top Bottom