Now the FO wants Jay back at 3.7mill? WTF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now the FO wants Jay back at 3.7mill? WTF?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This FO is turning me on and off so much that I feel like a light bulb.I know a lot of people here want jay back as a back up and I'd have no problem with that. But now I read in the herald that they want Jay back with the same salary of 3.7 million bucks?3.7 million to be a back up?But there's more, he gets to compete for the starting job too. If he wins the starting job then we already know that we're not gonna win it all with him. Not only that, but then we wasted a 2nd round pick on Feeley, not to mention the money he's getting.WTF is the FO thinking now here?That 3.7 million we need to get some o-line help. We don't need to use that kind of money on a F!#*&^%ing back up.

Ozzy rules!!

Wait to see what happens...

it could be a precursor to a trade. You don't even know if he wants to come back yet. This could be a sign that Miami is not willing to just release him and wants something via trade.

I'm all for trading him, but that's not what I'm reading here. If they bring him back at 3.7 we can forget about any free agents. OMG, our o-line could be something like this..
Smith,Yates,Seth,Whitley and Jerman....wow, I'm sure all the other teams defences are licking their chops

Ozzy rules!!

patience grasshopper.....reporter know nothing about Spielman ways....Fiedler not be back for that amount of money.....:cap:

If Jay comes back at 3.7 then yes, I think Wanny's still in charge man.I'm out of here for a while before I brake my f%$#^&ing screen.

Ozzy rules!!

Even if he is back it will not prevent us from making some moves via FA. We already cut 20 million w/o touching Jay's, JT's, Sam's contracts. If he's back they will get him to re-structure w/ some incentives.

THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST BLUNDER TO DATE THIS OFFSEASON YOU THINK WANNE'S STILL IN CHARGE OF FO

Originally posted by Danny
If Jay comes back at 3.7 then yes, I think Wanny's still in charge man.I'm out of here for a while before I brake my f%$#^&ing screen.

Ozzy rules!!

You're on the crazy train dude....you need to go to your castle in the sky before you end up barking at the moon. Tell your mother you're coming home so her and Mr Crowley can stop making crazy babies.

It's a shot in the dark but, I think the war pigs will throw Feidler over the mountain, so don't be paranoid.

Signed, Iron man.

since we are speculating about possible trades for Jay, maybe Joe Gibbs has lost his mind completely and will trade us the openly disgruntled Ramsey and his much freindlier contract (cap wise) for Jay and his contract. how would that sit with everyone? having Brunell and Jay (as a backup) would be great for the Skins, and having Ramsey and Feeley battle it out in Miami would make for an interesting camp in Dolphinland. granted, i dont know what kind of cap space the Redskins have.

JOE GIBBS IS NOT THAT STUPID BUT WANNE IS::sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, we're looking like "Redskins Lite". What makes us "lite" is the level of talent we're dealing with compared to theirs.

I wouldn't mind Fiedler coming back as the backup. Competition is good. And Fiedler is GREAT off the bench.

But that pretty much rules out Sage, as he surely wouldn't return to be #3 again. And $3.7 million is A LOT to COMPETE for a job.....much less when you're spending a high pick and a decent contract on the new guy.

I'm hoping a trade is in the works. Really I do. If not, then I hope A.J. Feeley will be lightning in a bottle. Because odds are that he's going to take some time to get acclimated.

It's hard to come to a new team, assimilate the offense, develop timing with your receivers, and do it from the get go. And it's even harder when you're a first-time starting QB.

So if we bring back Fiedler and Feeley understandably struggles, the backlash will nonetheless be extraordinary.

Originally posted by Muck
Right now, we're looking like "Redskins Lite". What makes us "lite" is the level of talent we're dealing with compared to theirs.

I wouldn't mind Fiedler coming back as the backup. Competition is good. And Fiedler is GREAT off the bench.

But that pretty much rules out Sage, as he surely wouldn't return to be #3 again. And $3.7 million is A LOT to COMPETE for a job.....much less when you're spending a high pick and a decent contract on the new guy.

I'm hoping a trade is in the works. Really I do. If not, then I hope A.J. Feeley will be lightning in a bottle. Because odds are that he's going to take some time to get acclimated.

It's hard to come to a new team, assimilate the offense, develop timing with your receivers, and do it from the get go. And it's even harder when you're a first-time starting QB.

So if we bring back Fiedler and Feeley understandably struggles, the backlash will nonetheless be extraordinary.

Exactly. This moves means that the starting QB job is once again Fiedler's for all intents and purposes. It''l take a disasterous preseason by Fiedler coupled with an outstanding one by Feeley for Fiedler not to start now IMHO.

Edit: I fixed your post. You had your response inside my quote. Now you wouldn't be trying to put words in my mouth, would you?? ;) Muck

Originally posted by inFINSible

You're on the crazy train dude....you need to go to your castle in the sky before you end up barking at the moon. Tell your mother you're coming home so her and Mr Crowley can stop making crazy babies.

It's a shot in the dark but, I think the war pigs will throw Feidler over the mountain, so don't be paranoid.

Signed, Iron man.

:clap: That was pretty good inFINSible :clap:

Originally posted by Danny
This FO is turning me on and off so much that I feel like a light bulb.I know a lot of people here want jay back as a back up and I'd have no problem with that. But now I read in the herald that they want Jay back with the same salary of 3.7 million bucks?3.7 million to be a back up?But there's more, he gets to compete for the starting job too. If he wins the starting job then we already know that we're not gonna win it all with him. Not only that, but then we wasted a 2nd round pick on Feeley, not to mention the money he's getting.WTF is the FO thinking now here?That 3.7 million we need to get some o-line help. We don't need to use that kind of money on a F!#*&^%ing back up.

Ozzy rules!!

just helps confirm my suspicion all along that nothing has changed, except titles. wanny still in control????? 3.7 mil for a player worth not even 1/2 of that PLUS his frikkin' 2 mil rotser bonus due shortly. that's almost 6mil in cap hits.

Welcome to last year folks, and the year before that.

Back
Top Bottom