Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua

Can you pleaseeee tell me how this hurts them as WR prospects? Both of these guys are going to sit down with Grier. Tell them, " yeah mac is our homie and we wanted to help lift his draft stock up". Grier will then (if he even feels the need which I don't think he will) run that by Saban, and Sabin will corroborate that story. Is any other team going to care about this? no not at all. Draft season is all about selling yourself, the tape is the most important part of that but there are many different elements to building out a profile for scouts.
What these guys say has no impact on Mac’s draft stock. Teams pay a lot of money for GMs and scouts to go to games, review tape, Do interviews, they’re not listening to any player’s opinions. That’s just phucking silly.

lol raise his stock that's what real friends do. That first round paycheck compared to a 3rd round pay check is q big difference.

What they say about their QB has no bearing on said QB's draft position. They just stated what they feel.

I also claimed that Smith never liked Tua but the funny thing is he never would have gone to Bama if Tua didn't convince him at the Army bowl.

What these guys say has no impact on Mac’s draft stock. Teams pay a lot of money for GMs and scouts to go to games, review tape, Do interviews, they’re not listening to any player’s opinions. That’s just phucking silly.

Building hype around stuff like this is part of the process. The team's scouting departments don't talk to one another. These guys creating the narrative we currently have a ten-page forum discussing is what brings his name up more. The press around the player can ABSOLUTELY have an effect on draft position. If there's a lot of talk around a player it makes a GM who's interested not feel as comfortable waiting so long for a player like Mac to fall to them.

These interviews are OBVIOUSLY not going to make the scouting department go, "let's draft Mac because his receivers say they prefer him over Tua". But, it creates a story around a player and recency bias is helpful when it comes to getting drafted. They're building up mental availability for their guy.

Also, we can stop to consider that these guys are better friends with Mac than they were with Tua, which would make way more sense. They're sticking up for a friend.

Dude, you’re out of your mind if you think that they take “1”ounce of what these kids say to help with their decision. These kids can hype, strut, pea**** around it’s not gonna change their opinion of what they want, who they want, or how they want it.

Mac jones is better than tua. I been saying it for two years now.😂😂😂

I think it's a bad sign...

Though, I suspect it may be more about personality than skill set.

He gave his reasoning, never mentioned talent, but rather the fact that they came into Bama together and worked their way up from 3rd string to starters. They have a bond that goes far beyond the lines of the playing field.

He gave his reasoning, never mentioned talent, but rather the fact that they came into Bama together and worked their way up from 3rd string to starters. They have a bond that goes far beyond the lines of the playing field.
Yeah, that's how I read it. More of a 'he's my boy' kind of response.

But that's also a bit worrisome for me with regard to Tua. He's such a well-mannered, easygoing Christiany sort of kid... and I'm wondering if he'll ever have the fire... and the mouth... to take an NFL huddle by the 'nads and lead them into Hell. It's a minor fear, but he seems... 'soft'.

Look I’m not saying this is some massive red flag that Tua actually sucks or anything like that, but the people dismissing this as literally nothing are kidding themselves.

If it’s nothing then surely this has happened literally one other time ever? I can’t think of it. Can anyone point to a situation where 2 players unequivocally came out and stated they liked one of their QBs better than the other?

Lotta people dismissed Smiths comments because he won a Heisman playing with Mac. Still seemed weird that he wouldn’t have just played the fence, but sure okay maybe. But now Waddle doing the same? Idk, where there’s smoke sometimes there really is fire.
That's been my only reaction. I go back much further than most here and I can't think of another example. Tremendous credit to the reporters for asking the question and for the players to respond. It should have been that way all along. We'd be accustomed to it and not expect the question to be ducked or a bland response, as so many in this thread somehow preferred.

Football ownership has disgracefully intimidated these guys into voiceless submission for decades. We need to turn the corner on that and have the rank and file speaking out on everything. That's the only way the league can evolve to match society. Jack Easterby could never occupy that role if players throughout the league had a voice. The public pressure would be so overwhelming the Texans woluld have folded long ago. It would startle and scare the fan base demographic initially but be a great step overall.

Tua had a tendency to pass up a lot of the low hanging fruit that Mac Jones chose to take. He would try to create something big instead. They’re two entirely different quarterbacks.

If you’re a wide receiver, you don’t like to run around a lot and not get the football. Getting the ball from Mac Jones was more predictable.

Tua came to Alabama with a lot of hype and was supposed to be great. Mac Jones wasn’t supposed to be. He was always an underdog and his teammates respect the way he’s gone about his business. Being patient. Great leadership.

Now somebody should ask Mac Jones and Tua which receiver they prefer between Smitty and Waddle. And ask Najee Harris whose handoffs he prefers.

That's been my only reaction. I go back much further than most here and I can't think of another example. Tremendous credit to the reporters for asking the question and for the players to respond. It should have been that way all along. We'd be accustomed to it and not expect the question to be ducked or a bland response, as so many in this thread somehow preferred.

Football ownership has disgracefully intimidated these guys into voiceless submission for decades. We need to turn the corner on that and have the rank and file speaking out on everything. That's the only way the league can evolve to match society. Jack Easterby could never occupy that role if players throughout the league had a voice. The public pressure would be so overwhelming the Texans woluld have folded long ago. It would startle and scare the fan base demographic initially but be a great step overall.
Idk personally I don’t think it’s a good look. Like by all means it’s your right to answer the question, but picking one teammate over the other publicly is just bad taste in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom