Now Who Are the 1st Round Targets? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Who Are the 1st Round Targets?

Bunkley is true attacking penetrating DT, this kind of a DT is an incredibility rare find.

Serviceable 300 run stuffer can be found on the wavier wire.

Why is nobody talking about Sims? He's going to be the man next season. He's very fast, undersized... he's going to be a Vilma type player, plays sideline to sideline. Look, Zach Thomas isn't going to be around forever and Sims can step in and play many positions.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Nice reply. Jean-Gilles looked very impressive in the senior bowl, managing Gabe Watson pretty well. I agree that Huff would be the pick if he's there, but I think he could go top 10. I really don't think any other safeties are 1st rounders, although I haven't seen Ko Simpson play. Love Manny Lawson and would really like that pick.

You can't take Jean-Gilles at 16 after the 40 he ran at the combine. He can't get up the field like an elite guard needs to be able to do.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I don't think Nick is going to be looking at "need" in the first round. He is going to be looking at the quality of the player. We always need good players, regardless of position. And the first round is the best round to get potentially great players.

How could Nick not look at needs? In the first round we could get a guy who can come right in and start. We have a few holes right now that need to be filled. We have a great chance at getting a guy to fill one of those holes.
Yes it is important to get good quality guys, but why not get guys to come right in? We can get those potentially great players in the first at the needs we have. What your saying is like draft another RB in the first. doesn't make much sence

Miamifin23 said:
Why is nobody talking about Sims? He's going to be the man next season. He's very fast, undersized... he's going to be a Vilma type player, plays sideline to sideline. Look, Zach Thomas isn't going to be around forever and Sims can step in and play many positions.

Simms is ok, but I dont think he is a Vilma type player. Id rather draft Lawson or Carpenter

Miamifin23 said:

I think he's viewed as a 2nd rounder, maybe early second. Definitely a good player.

Jimmy James said:
You can't take Jean-Gilles at 16 after the 40 he ran at the combine. He can't get up the field like an elite guard needs to be able to do.

No not at #16. I think he's probably an early to mid 2nd rounder.

Ernie Sims is another guy that is going to be a bust.

Chad Jackson and Ernie Sims are the most overrated players in this draft.

Finfan14 said:
Ernie Sims is another guy that is going to be a bust.

Chad Jackson and Ernie Sims are the most overrated players in this draft.

Just out of curiousity, what's your opinion of Vince Young?

Before we started signing FA's and trading for Cpep, I was adamantly putting in my wishlist Defense for our 1st day pick. With CB, LB and DT in that order, whoever is BPA with our pick. But lately since all the moves we have done Im beginning to feel that maybe saban will draft either of the 2 top wr jackson or Holmes. Because when 16 rolls around and if these 2 are still on the board they are clearly the BPA in their respective position.
The 2 db will be gone Huff, Williams. And theres no chance in Hell we can draft Hawk, and Greenway might be gone too or Lawson. So thats why Im starting to think we might go with those 2 wr. As for DT alot of boards have Ngota going in the top 10 and Bunkley slated either the Ravens our Eagles. But who knows what Saban has on his board. Ernie Sims might be rated high on his board along with Tye Hill. Well will see come draft day, cant wait.

Back
Top Bottom