Nublar for Mod | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nublar for Mod

SoFloDolFan said:
Ok I'll start it. Official NUBLAR7 For Mod Bandwagon.
Nublar7 is a mod at another Dolphins website. He cannot be a mod here also.

inFINSible said:
Nublar7 is a mod at another Dolphins website. He cannot be a mod here also.

I know i'll get flamed for asking this but, Why would that matter? If he is a good member and contributes to the site in a possitive why i don't see how being a MOD elsewhere should hurt him. if anything it should help it means he has experience.

KingCrowder said:
I know i'll get flamed for asking this but, Why would that matter? If he is a good member and contributes to the site in a possitive why i don't see how being a MOD elsewhere should hurt him. if anything it should help it means he has experience.

One of the key things we look for in a staff member is a person who will put the site's best interest foremost. We would expect that a person in question worthy of being on our staff would do so, and by having already comitted to another site's staff... they would have already made that comittment to that site.

Obviously, attempting to put two site's best interest first gives the potential for a situation of huge conflicting interest that we're not willing to create.

KingCrowder said:

Balance of power! :lol:

But my question is, is there a better place then finheaven.com?

3P said:
One of the key things we look for in a staff member is a person who will put the site's best interest foremost. We would expect that a person in question worthy of being on our staff would do so, and by having already comitted to another site's staff... they would have already made that comittment to that site.

Obviously, attempting to put two site's best interest first gives the potential for a situation of huge conflicting interest that we're not willing to create.

I can Appreciate that answer. i never really looked at it from that point of view.

Interesting..... I always wondered why Nublar wasnt a mod here. I thought he would have been one of the top choices when you guys upped the mods/admins during the last round. Good info.

Philter25 said:
Interesting..... I always wondered why Nublar wasnt a mod here. I thought he would have been one of the top choices when you guys upped the mods/admins during the last round. Good info.
I wondered also. I never knew that was a rule. Plus I haven't been a mod at the other site that long. I wasn't a mod there the last time I was passed on. :lol: oh well.....

Nublar7 said:
I wondered also. I never knew that was a rule. Plus I have only been a mod at the other site for a few months. :lol: oh well.....

Would you be willing to step down there to be a mod here?

3P said:

Instead of spending 5 hours a day at FH, now I am down to just 4.5 hours a day. :rolleyes: I may be a mod there, but I am very committed to FH(ie the highlights, news hunting, etc.) I may never be a mod here(because a rule I just heard about today), but I will still give this site as much of my attention as possible. I love FH, I just don't agree with this "rule".

FinFrenzy said:
Would you be willing to step down there to be a mod here?
I don't think I would. Over there they really appreciate me, and they actually hunted me down from this site to help them out. I am not saying anything bad about this site, but I won't step down over there just to get a "chance" to be a mod here. I actually spend the majority of my time at this website and only check that one out once in awhile(being a mod there doesn't take much work). Believe me, I could handle both.

Unlike people who get mod jobs here, I actually have prior experience at being a mod. :wink:

I don't understand the hate on Nub by the admins. Nub has never gotten in any trouble, he's a nice guy and he always informs us with the latest news. He doesn't get credit when credit is due. Saying that he isn't comitted to this site is a bunch of BS. I just don't think that Nub is getting treated fairly around here. Everybody wants him as a mod, but yet some admins don't want him around the FH staff period.

Back
Top Bottom