Nuggets Vs. Lakers.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nuggets Vs. Lakers....

All I can say is this. There is still a lot of work to be done. The challenge of beating LA at the Staples Center in Game 7 is HUGE. I want the win, no doubt but regardless of the outcome I am proud of my Nuggets. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

7:30 start time in LA. The whole series has been catered toward their time zone....

That's why the game isn't as popular as it once was. a Game 7 in any round should start at a time that is good for everyone in the Country. 10:30 on a Sat night buries it and insures virtually no one on the EC will be watching.

They play one of the best post players of our generation 20 ft from the basket while hes being guarded by a 6'6 rookie......

who exactly are you referring to??? i sure hope its not pau gasol with that one of the greatest post players of our generation stuff

The Nuggs and the Thunder are very similar teams as far as their style of play. The big difference is that your shooters tend to be more consistent than Denver's.

i wasn't talkin about the nuggets...anyways i'm a celtics fan...ty lawson can run the floor and the up tempo o with any pg in the league...

i wasn't talkin about the nuggets...anyways i'm a celtics fan...ty lawson can run the floor and the up tempo o with any pg in the league...

I misunderstood your allegiance. Sorry about that. Also, I never thought that your comments were directed at the Nuggets. I was basically agreeing with your assessment. If the Lakers do make it out of this series, they will definitely have a hard row to hoe with OKC! Tough team....

who exactly are you referring to??? i sure hope its not pau gasol with that one of the greatest post players of our generation stuff

LOL! I think that I remember Kobe saying that Gasol was a little too much White Swan and he needed him to be a little more Black Swan. Before anyone misunderstands that, I think what Kobe meant was the mindset or attitude that he needed from Gasol.....

LOL! I think that I remember Kobe saying that Gasol was a little too much White Swan and he needed him to be a little more Black Swan. Before anyone misunderstands that, I think what Kobe meant was the mindset or attitude that he needed from Gasol.....

so what's chris bosh excuse??? that cats pillow soft and thinks he's a player...way way overrated

He's not really playing like a rookie though, is he? :D

No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.

No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.

Denver doesn't have anyone of the caliber of a Kobe, Bynum or Gasol. What they have decided to do is focus a lot of attention on Drew and Pau while doing their best to not let Kobe take over the game. They have been double and triple teaming the LA bigs which, IMO, has been the cause of their lack of production in a lot of the games. One thing though, Faried may not have the size of Gasol but he is a very pesky player. Combine that with the help he gets when LA attempts isolate on him down low and you get some frustrated big men. It kind of showed in one of the games when Bynum got the tech for shoving Kenneth. If LA is to get out of this series, they have got to figure out how to deal with the attention that Denver is putting on their front court....

EDIT: I do hope that Denver wins the series but I am not looking forward to being matched up against OKC at all for reasons that I have mentioned previously. They are like looking in a mirror for Denver but with much better shooters....

Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.

Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.

Good point! He is still getting doubled & tripled when he gets his touches though. That's especially true if he is on the court when Bynum sits. He has got to show that he can over come the added attention. They shouldn't stop going to him him IMO. When he gets his chances he has to make the most of them. Thus far he hasn't. I for one, am glad that he hasn't! :D

I still don't have a voice thanks to game 6. That place was rocking. Pumped for tonight

Go Nuggets!

Back
Top Bottom