NY fan radio Says. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY fan radio Says.

There's a lot of young coaches....what seperates Schotty other than him being the co-ordinator for a bottom tier offence?
There's been dozens and dozens of posts replying to the negative comments some people feel the need to bring up with regards to Schottenheimer, like yours. Look around.

There's a lot of young coaches....what seperates Schotty other than him being the co-ordinator for a bottom tier offence?

That bottom tier offence beat us and gave teams fits with that half no-huddle they ran.

Brian Schottenheimer will be our next head coach by either the end of Tuesday or Wednesday.

Why?

Mike Tomlin is scheduled for Monday because we need to get the Rooney Rule out of the way. You might say that they already interviewed him and have met the requirement of that rule. However, I think the Dolphins are covering all of their bases here as they have already said that the first meeting was an information-gathering session, which is not an interview. Although they probably could get away with it, I don't think they want to take any chances and risk getting fined and/or giving up draft picks.

Take it for what it's worth. I'd also like to say I was one of the few on here that said and was adament that Nick Saban was leaving us. I got blasted for it, but I was right all along. :)

I'm not bashing any candidate with this post.

But doesn't all this seem a little bit premature to anyone?

As told/sold to us... first 12 candidates. Everyone gets a first interview... personality, influences, "getting to know you" fluff talk. Then 5 get a second interview... more substantial, hardcore football talk. Then 2. Then contract offer to their favorite. So we heard.

Now we're about to pull the trigger and none of the dozen candidates have even had their second interview yet? (Unless they were in secret. Shhhh!)

As of today, Rex Ryan is available. Maybe later this week Brian Billick. Nothing? Ok. Nobody on the loser of the Eagles/Saints interesting? Ok. How about on Sunday, when the Bears & Chargers might have 3 or 4 candidates to add to our mix. What about the Whiz? Done with him, too, I guess.

Look, I'm not mad. Just confused. Why push the panic button now, when in 24-48 hours the entire landscape could have changed? It seems like our search has jumped the tracks.

If the Fins think Schotty is their guy... great. I like the guy, too. But don't you owe it to yourself to go ahead with the second interviews of 4-5 people and make sure? What about bringing in Marino and Shula to sit in on these interviews? Now it's unnecessary?

I hope this is just over-zealous reporting and we will go ahead with what seemed like a solid plan. Shake your favorite candidates upside down and see what they are all about. Then pick your favorite and make an offer.

If he comes here I hope he doesn't run nearly as much short passes as he does now in NY unless he only runs so many of those plays because of Noodle Arm.

As told/sold to us... first 12 candidates. Everyone gets a first interview... personality, influences, "getting to know you" fluff talk. Then 5 get a second interview... more substantial, hardcore football talk. Then 2. Then contract offer to their favorite. So we heard.

Now we're about to pull the trigger and none of the dozen candidates have even had their second interview yet? (Unless they were in secret. Shhhh!)

As of today, Rex Ryan is available. Maybe later this week Brian Billick. Nothing? Ok. Nobody on the loser of the Eagles/Saints interesting? Ok. How about on Sunday, when the Bears & Chargers might have 3 or 4 candidates to add to our mix. What about the Whiz? Done with him, too, I guess.

Look, I'm not mad. Just confused. Why push the panic button now, when in 24-48 hours the entire landscape could have changed? It seems like our search has jumped the tracks.

If the Fins think Schotty is their guy... great. I like the guy, too. But don't you owe it to yourself to go ahead with the second interviews of 4-5 people and make sure? What about bringing in Marino and Shula to sit in on these interviews? Now it's unnecessary?

I hope this is just over-zealous reporting and we will go ahead with what seemed like a solid plan. Shake your favorite candidates upside down and see what they are all about. Then pick your favorite and make an offer.

1. Yesterday Miami radio was announcing the Capers contract extension was going to happen.

2. The speculation on these boards was that by extending Capers contract the Dolphins would hire an offensive-oriented Head Coach.

3. Regarding Schotts youth, just remember that Don Shula was in his 30's when he joined the Fins and was the youngest Head Coach to win a Super Bowl in 1972. But yes, Shula already had Head Coaching experience with the Baltimore Colts.

4. Finally, Huizenga is going towards having a strong GM to focus on personnel while the Head Coach focuses on the Xs and Os. Which would make hiring a young Head Coach a safer move.

YES WFAN.I never really got a name,but is was not Mike and the Mad Dog. I no that much
Maybe on a 20/20 flash? Because since 4:00 they've been playing the Divisional playoff games.

I agree. WFAN is good. We get alot of Dolphin callers on there
No you don't. I listen to that station a lot during the day and their might be 5 Dolphin calls in a football season.

Regardless, I think Schotty leaves...

The reason they want to make the decision this week is pretty simple. They want to get the head coach established before they go to Mobile during the week of the 22nd through the 27th for the Senior Bowl. Mobile will be a setting that will provide the opportunity to talk to several potential assistant coaches, and the head coach needs to be in place to partner with Randy Mueller in evaluating the talent that will be on hand at the Senior Bowl. It is in Miami's best interest to name their head coach before they go off to Mobile.

I'd also like to say I was one of the few on here that said and was adament that Nick Saban was leaving us. I got blasted for it, but I was right all along. :)
Do you want a cookie?

Here ya go.....

clear.gif

:rolleyes2

I can't figure out why people are so high on Shottenheimer. Is is because he made a jets offense with virtually no talent look good?? Other than that I've never heard much about the guy (besides who his dad is) that would make me so ecstatic. I do know he is young with not a lot of coaching history. That's not exactly a plus.

SO, could someone please fill me in to why I see so many people who want him as our next coach?

Your completely right, and also, SHotty has not been given the job yet. Shotty may have impressed wayne, but that doesnt mean hes impressed everyone. I though Mueller, Marino, and Shula were going to be involved in the 2nd interview. So obviously, NOTHING has been decided.

I can't figure out why people are so high on Shottenheimer. Is is because he made a jets offense with virtually no talent look good?? Other than that I've never heard much about the guy (besides who his dad is) that would make me so ecstatic. I do know he is young with not a lot of coaching history. That's not exactly a plus.

SO, could someone please fill me in to why I see so many people who want him as our next coach?
This is what I've been re-posting every time someone asks this:

They (the Jets) have the 18th ranked scoring offense, 20th ranked rushing offense, 17th ranked passing offense, 16th ranked 1st down passing offense, 16th ranked yards per play.

This is all with Noodle-armed Pennington(who Mangini has admitted they are trying to get rid of, that tells you what his own organization thinks of him) at QB, an o-line made of weak vets and rookies, a RB by committee system with the likes of Washington and Barlow headlining(yuck), absolutely NO TE's to speak of, and average WR's.

That is damn impressive in my book.

He developed Philip Rivers in SD and Drew Brees credits him for turning his career around.

Here's an article on him as well:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/sp...ll/11jets.html

And another:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/16370337.htm

And here's what I wrote about him on the day Saban was fired:

- Brian Schottenheimer-Jets OC- what he has done with average talent on the Jets offensive side of the ball is nothing short of amazing. He’s been in the NFL for eight years, been in coaching for 11, and has been around NFL coaches since birth. Take a look at the people he has coached under(read: learned from) and you’ll see why I am so fond of him. Steve Spurrier, Dick Vermeil, his father Marty, Cam Cameron to name a few, and this is before moving to the Jets and learning the NE system of organization and discipline. And he’s a Florida guy on top of it all. He is my #1 choice by leaps and bounds.

I wonder if Don Shula could have an impact in all of this. The Shula's / Schottenhiemer's are known to be friends, and I've heard that Shula really thinks highly of Brian. Hmmm?.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

He's a hot candidate because he has shown that he is a bright, innovative young coach that will coach to his players talents and not force a system onto them. He was also the quarterbacks coach in San Diego for four years where he coached Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

This is what I've been re-posting every time someone asks this:

They (the Jets) have the 18th ranked scoring offense, 20th ranked rushing offense, 17th ranked passing offense, 16th ranked 1st down passing offense, 16th ranked yards per play.

This is all with Noodle-armed Pennington(who Mangini has admitted they are trying to get rid of, that tells you what his own organization thinks of him) at QB, an o-line made of weak vets and rookies, a RB by committee system with the likes of Washington and Barlow headlining(yuck), absolutely NO TE's to speak of, and average WR's.

That is damn impressive in my book.

He developed Philip Rivers in SD and Drew Brees credits him for turning his career around.

Here's an article on him as well:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/sp...ll/11jets.html

And another:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/16370337.htm

And here's what I wrote about him on the day Saban was fired:

- Brian Schottenheimer-Jets OC- what he has done with average talent on the Jets offensive side of the ball is nothing short of amazing. He’s been in the NFL for eight years, been in coaching for 11, and has been around NFL coaches since birth. Take a look at the people he has coached under(read: learned from) and you’ll see why I am so fond of him. Steve Spurrier, Dick Vermeil, his father Marty, Cam Cameron to name a few, and this is before moving to the Jets and learning the NE system of organization and discipline. And he’s a Florida guy on top of it all. He is my #1 choice by leaps and bounds.

Not to knock him, but those offensive stats simply aren't that impressive. If he made a no talent team into a top 10 offense then I'd be quoting stats. Still I'll support him if he's here, he just seems like a HUGE gamble to me.

Back
Top Bottom