O-gun For Edge!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-gun For Edge!!

Why not? Edge ran it 310 times last year, which was his second year post op from his ACL reconstruction. Any credible orthopod will tell you that a player needs a full two years before he is really at 100% after an ACL tear. Edge will now be in post op year three, and while he may not carry the ball 369 and 387 times like he did in 1999 and 200, his workload will go up, and his production will continue.

Edge's problem is in his mind. He's clearly scared to run like he used to. He now is a straight up the middle, no frills back. before hand, he was complete.

He has admitted that he has had to complete re-invent his run style post injury, and he's simply not as good with this new style.

Well, again. He averaged 4.1 ypc and scored 11 TDs with his new style. Considering that his career high in ypc was 4.4 and his career high was 13 TDs, I'd say that despite what he thinks, he is close to being the player he once was.

What are the odds of this thing even happening... Ever since I read this thread that whoever heard it on the ESPN radio I've been searching everywhere for alittle news and I've gotten nothing.

I would love to see this happen but does anyone have any new news???

Bottom line: Trading O-Gun for Edge is the way to go. If it's even being worked on.

I don't THINK it will happen this year, i think it's more likely that we get him VIA FA if ever however I COULD do it if the oppertunity showed itself.

To answer the question of if Indy would do it, I know a lot of Indy fans that like Mungro better than James. He really tore it up for awhile there and did "fair". I don't see it happening, but if they think Mungro is the man they might.

Scrap said:
I doubt it, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened. The only problem I'd have with getting Edge, is that we wouldn't be forced to get creative on the offense. Edge would get nearly 400 carries like Ricky always did, and they'd be between the tackles....just like with Ricky.
you see thats the problem, get Edge, but only run him 300 times, balance the offense, use Boston and Chambers and McMike.

Mebeverine said:
Why do we want such highly damaged goods at such a cost?

Edge can't consistently run 300+ times a season anymore. He physically doesn't have it in him. He does NOT fit Dave's offense nowadays.
bro where do you get your information from egde is still the man he is in a pass happy offence he would be a perfect fit in our offence.

hes a better fit then ricky williams was and wouldnt have to be handed the ball so many times hed be able to make us more of a unpredicticable offense with his pass catching ability

Here's one problem though, do we have the cap space to keep Ogun and then sing Edge next?

To me? No, we don't because first we have to resign Chambers and McMichael soon and they're cornerstones of our offense, and how do we expect to sign Ogun and Edge on top of that?

So what do we do? I say trade Ogun for Edge so we're more balanced and then resign Chambers before the season starts and resign McMichael next year.

KBISBACK said:
While I'm here, I'll dispell this notion that Edge is a declining player.

Last season, in the second year after his ACL injury, Edgerrin James rebounded to form and averaged 4.1 ypc on 310 rushes and scored 11 touchdowns. This falls right in line with his 1999 and 2000 numbers, with the exception that he wasn't getting the ball nearly as much as he did in 1999 and 2000.

Edge's workload in 1999 and 2000 wasn't that far off from Ricky's workload either. In 1999, Edge carried the ball 369 times. That was 88% of Indianapolis's rushing attempts. In 2000, Edge carried the ball 387 times, which was 89% of Indy's rushing attempts. Edge also caught 125 passes combined in those two seasons.
Rick would be foolish to make this trade. Edge has serious injury history. OGUN has been hurt before but not as severely as Edge. I love edge though. Next year maybe.

gunsnroses said:
Here's one problem though, do we have the cap space to keep Ogun and then sing Edge next?

To me? No, we don't because first we have to resign Chambers and McMichael soon and they're cornerstones of our offense, and how do we expect to sign Ogun and Edge on top of that?

So what do we do? I say trade Ogun for Edge so we're more balanced and then resign Chambers before the season starts and resign McMichael next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if RS passed on giving McMike a huge amount to resign. Lee is coming on and is a much better blocker. However, If McMike has a monster year, that will change. But he has to play big, last year's performance won't cut it.

DrewOldSchool said:
Rick would be foolish to make this trade. Edge has serious injury history. OGUN has been hurt before but not as severely as Edge. I love edge though. Next year maybe.
Edge has a serious injury history? Other than the ACL injury he has not had any major injuries. In fact he has probably been the most durable back in the league for the past 5 or 6 years.

I'd rather not do this trade. I'd rather have Wale here and do the committee approach. I'd like us to be more unpredictable. And as we've seen with Williams, too often conservative coaches tend to fall back on 'Ol Reliable too often.

It's not as if we're dead in the water at tailback. Sammy Morris seems to have the goods. And Minor ALWAYS seems to make things happen when he gets in the game. Always gains extra yardage. Always falls forward. He's got good vision too and is deceptively powerful.

I'd rather have a potentially DOMINATING defense with an unpredictable, deceptively dangerous offense.

I'm telling you guys, there's reason to be excited about this offense.

VJ1252 said:
Edge has a serious injury history? Other than the ACL injury he has not had any major injuries. In fact he has probably been the most durable back in the league for the past 5 or 6 years.

He was constantly nicked up in high school and college. Especially at Miami. To be honest, I was suprised that he held up the way he did his first two years in Indy.

Back
Top Bottom