O-gun For Edge!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-gun For Edge!!

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. We can suffer on defense with the DE depth and still have a dominating defense. We have 2 hungry rookie/vets with Grisby and Bowens who are ready to man OGUN's shoes. We also have Jay Williams who can provide solid (yes average) rush from the left side if needed. Edge would solve alot of problems with our offense as he fits our attack perfectly. He could rush 20-23 times a game with Minor and Morris plugged in for the other 10-12 carries. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely excited about how our offensive playbook was going to unfold but I would be elated if we had Edge this year.

and as far as the draft goes I've been saying along we had an awesome draft! That was one of the first times I've watched the draft and come out of it extremely pleased in a long time! Even though the only one I got right was Pope!

VJ1252 said:
Edge has a serious injury history? Other than the ACL injury he has not had any major injuries. In fact he has probably been the most durable back in the league for the past 5 or 6 years.
That injury was an ACL reconstruction with a two year rehab.

However, he played well last year and he is guaranteed immediate impact. If he lasts two years I think it would be a worthy trade. If you are Rick and you are willing, I say its your call. But there are risks.

Two years??

Didn't we just get thru with that??

I want more than two years. Wale for Edge and a big contract is quite an investment. And two years isn't a big enough return IMO. Then again, if we win a Super Bowl within those two years.......I'm probably changing my story. :tongue:

Still, I'm a spoiled Dolphins fan who can't tolerate a team that doesn't compete every year. So I want long-term returns.

Dredd1050 said:
Just heard on ESPN radio up here in NJ that there is a rumor going around that a sign and trade might get done between Miami and the Colts that would send O-Gun to Indy this year and bring Edge to Miami. Not sure of the validity, but it's circulating. I'll keep everyone informed.
I wouldnt think theres any validity to it because Edge is gonna be a FA after this year anyway. If Spielman sees any way to get both players signed under cap, we'll prob make a Super Bowl run nest year.:tongue:

the colts will not get anywere without defense, they still are horrible on defense and will still be that way unless they make a move like this, they got to the afc championship game because they played a team with no defense twice in denver and kansas city, they would have lost to us or tennesse or baltimore. they can talk super bowl all they want but without defense you dont go and that is the truth

i might have to goto church this sunday so i can pray this trade doesnt happen.

Bonedoc7777 said:
the colts will not get anywere without defense, they still are horrible on defense and will still be that way unless they make a move like this, they got to the afc championship game because they played a team with no defense twice in denver and kansas city, they would have lost to us or tennesse or baltimore. they can talk super bowl all they want but without defense you dont go and that is the truth
With OGUN they would have two DEs selected to the probowl last year. Wow that is an upgrade.

spydertl79 said:
I wouldnt think theres any validity to it because Edge is gonna be a FA after this year anyway. If Spielman sees any way to get both players signed under cap, we'll prob make a Super Bowl run nest year.:tongue:
You could always demand that Edge be willing to sign a new deal before a trade occurs. Its not like Edge doesn't want to play for Miami.

pigskinguy said:
Yeah, well, I am gonna go to church to pray it does.
As will I. Anyone who wouldn't do this trade is misinformed.

Muck said:
Two years??

Didn't we just get thru with that??

I want more than two years. Wale for Edge and a big contract is quite an investment. And two years isn't a big enough return IMO. Then again, if we win a Super Bowl within those two years.......I'm probably changing my story. :tongue:

Still, I'm a spoiled Dolphins fan who can't tolerate a team that doesn't compete every year. So I want long-term returns.
I came in late. I think Speilman is a value freak. That is a good thing. He is closer to your thinking i.e. young player for young player (although we are talking about a RB younger than Ricky) who will be optimum in our offense for as long as possible. I don't believe he will trade for Edge but if he did I couldn't be too critical at this point.

KBISBACK said:
You will see just how valuable he is when David Bowens doesn't command the double teams at end, allowing teams to roll their blocking schemes towards JT once again. Bowens won't be productive enough in one on one situations to offset that either. It will be just like having Kenny Mixon over there again. We will get 2-5 sacks out of that position.

First off while I agree Ogun has a great motor against both the pass and rush I will say this. Lighten up on D BO. I remeber him causing havoc in backfields during limited play and then coming into camp the next year as a starter. Only by his injury did Ogun get the job so we may not be having this conversation had bowens not been hurt. Second who says it will be Bowens? While I agree hes next on the depth chart I think Kenny Holmes being here was no accident. Either bowens or Holmes could get a dozen sacks between Having JT across and our sweet coverage. :D

DrewOldSchool said:
I came in late. I think Speilman is a value freak. That is a good thing. He is closer to your thinking i.e. young player for young player (although we are talking about a RB younger than Ricky) who will be optimum in our offense for as long as possible. I don't believe he will trade for Edge but if he did I couldn't be too critical at this point.
O-gun is 1 year older then Edge. So we would actually be getting a younger player.

Back
Top Bottom