O-Gun Interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun Interview

saves

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: While you have 25 sacks over the past 2 years, don't you feel you somewhat owe the Dolphins a little bit since they were patient enough to wait out your injury when they signed you as an undrafted free agent in 2000 when nobody else was willing to? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answer: That is a misconception. As a undrafted free agent, I had a choice of teams that wanted me to sign with them. I CHOSE the dolphins because they were one of the teams that didn't need my immediate help. The plan was to sit out a year (and get stronger) with anyone I singed with. But, I am very grateful for the opportunity to play in the NFL. [/font]

Didn't know that. The same "we're working hard" stuff about a new contract. Heres the rest. http://www.phinzmania.com/articles/ogun.htm
I found a link to it from the Chris Chambers website, I don't think its been posted before. If so,sorry.
[/font]

Two interesting quotes:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: In your mind, do you think the contract is going to get done before the start of training camp or even before the season? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answer: I think it will get done early in the season. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: Last question, while many fans are extremely pissed at you for not signing your tender to just get in camp and get the deal you want next year as an unrestricted free agent, what is one thing you would like to let fans know? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answer: Being pissed is a strong emotion. If you are a true fan, you would understand. It's business...This is not a game.......this is my job. To all the true fans, thank you for your support. Without you, the Pro Bowl and being selected MVP of the Miami Dolphins would not be possible.....Thank You Again. God Bless[/font]

It will get done early in the season??? :shakeno: What/When does he mean???

Also, his comment "It's business....This is not a game.....this is my job." That really ticks me off! :fire: You get paid to play a game buddy! I know there is a lot of time, and energy, and emotion in your "job", but any of us would trade your "job" for ours.

I am a true fan and I understand that IT IS A GAME. That is what I am a fan of, not the business side. I hate the business side.

I do not "understand" OGun: you are restricted FA and that is why you are stuck playing for less than a UFA this year. Get your butt in camp (in 10 days ;) )

Sounds like he is planning to skip the preseason and a game or two in the regular season. Doesn't seemd bothered by it either.

Maybe we should have traded him.

first of all he says he could have gone to any team and made an impact HAHAHHAHAHA yeah right come on O-gun the only reason you were able to get that many sacks was because they were double teaming Jason Taylor at the beginning of the season...IMO he would have sucked anywhere else without another elite DE

If this is a legitimate interview, then I'm glad to see confirmation from Wale that there were a lot of teams calling him after the draft ended. He does somewhat owe the Phins for letting him rehab and sit for 2 years while they paid him all the while because I think the Phins were more patient with him than a lot of teams would have been, but I think Ogunleye considered his 2003 season payment enough for all that...cuz if you remember, he wanted to hold out and stuff over his EFA contract but ended up just signing the contract with a few BS incentives laced in it, hoping for the RFA pay-day.

The man is sticking to his guns. I respect that. I would like to see him play for us every snap of the season and get six hundred million sacks, but he feels like he's got to take care of his own situation instead of just playing under a one year contract where he'd risk everything if he got an injury.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I am a true fan and I understand that IT IS A GAME. That is what I am a fan of, not the business side. I hate the business side.
If you hate the buisness side then maybe you should watch College and High School instead. To me the NFL is as much of a buisness as it is a game, one is not higher then the other.

We need to get OGun signed ASAP. With the new rule changes on how DBs can defend, it means that we NEED to get to the QB quickly!

FiN.in.RI said:
If you hate the buisness side then maybe you should watch College and High School instead. To me the NFL is as much of a buisness as it is a game, one is not higher then the other.

Then, in my humble opinion, you must like business a lot. I watch the NFL because I like watching the best and College and High School have NOTHING on the NFL when it comes to watching the best. Best prepared, best atheletes, and the best football period. To me it is a game that turned into a business when they realized how much money it could make. I don't see how I have to like the business side to like the beautiful football game.

FiN.in.RI said:
Yeah, because college players are not paid, right? College is a HUGE business too. Especially the D1 schools. They get so much money from boosters for football tickets, banquets, etc... that the pure numbers would make my head spin. I know the NFL is a business and mostly business to most owners (don't really care about the sport), but I do not enjoy the business side of it.

saves said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Didn't know that. The same "we're working hard" stuff about a new contract. Heres the rest. http://www.phinzmania.com/articles/ogun.htm
I found a link to it from the Chris Chambers website, I don't think its been posted before. If so,sorry.
[/font]
I doubt this is a legit interview. The questions and answers sound juvenile.

ckparrothead said:
If this is a legitimate interview

Yes this is a legitimate interview. We contacted both Drew Rosenhaus and the Miami Dolphins to verify before it was put up on the site.

PhinKev said:
Sounds like he is planning to skip the preseason and a game or two in the regular season. Doesn't seemd bothered by it either.

Maybe we should have traded him.
Yeah, huh. That's the same general vibe I got from reading it.

Another thing no one mentioned was the fact that he is implying that any fan that doesn't like what he's doing isn't a true fan. WTF! I'm a true Dolphins fan not a fuggin Adewale Ogunleye fan! Okay buddy. I hope we redo Chambers contract, make a feeble one year tender to Ogun and call his bluff. If he doesn't play the whole year then we franchise him and get some compensation for him. The longer this thing drags out the less and less I like the guy.

Back
Top Bottom