O-Gun Interview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun Interview

We need to sign CC to a new contract first and let OGUN see that hey now there aint so much left in the money pot...too bad! Then I'd trade him to a cardinals or browns team. It may be a business, but a a team has people that are team and he appears not to be a team guy. If he wanted to he could get a very good contract and be set for life. I believe he is trying to get an upper echelon contract and he is not an upper echelon player. We have enough talent on D to absorb his loss. CC on the other hand would be a catastrophic loss IMHO

Question: Last question, while many fans are extremely pissed

Where is he getting this? I for one am not "pissed" at Ogun. I am upset that we don't have him signed. He is a great player and plays a key role on our defense. I'm not pissed at him in general, just this whole situation. I think that was a stupid comment by this interviewer.

Dolphinizzle said:
Where is he getting this? I for one am not "pissed" at Ogun. I am upset that we don't have him signed. He is a great player and plays a key role on our defense. I'm not pissed at him in general, just this whole situation. I think that was a stupid comment by this interviewer.
That's true but I think it was an even dumber reponse on his part.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Yeah, huh. That's the same general vibe I got from reading it.

Another thing no one mentioned was the fact that he is implying that any fan that doesn't like what he's doing isn't a true fan. WTF! I'm a true Dolphins fan not a fuggin Adewale Ogunleye fan! Okay buddy. I hope we redo Chambers contract, make a feeble one year tender to Ogun and call his bluff. If he doesn't play the whole year then we franchise him and get some compensation for him. The longer this thing drags out the less and less I like the guy.
Which is why I don't think the interview is real. He has never outright or indirectly criticized the fans. I'm sure he's already been coached on that. Someone intelligent like Adewale knows what affect those statements would have....sorry, I'm not buying it.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
That's true but I think it was an even dumber reponse on his part.

Yes, you may be right. But I think maybe the attitude of the response might of been somewhat due to the manner it which the guy asked the question. I didn't like that one bit, either side of it.

Dolfan954 said:
Which is why I don't think the interview is real. He never outright or indirectly criticized the fans. I'm sure he's already been coached on that. Someone intelligent like Adewale knows what affect those statements would have....sorry, I'm not buying it.
Oh I think he said it and it just shows me how far up his azz his head is.

Wale is a dumbass. this guy only benifits because of Jason Taylor. if he went to another team he would be average . we need to trade this idiot. ill promise you any guy we have now can step in and play big because of Jason Taylor. this guy want ridiculous amount of money.dosent he want to get paid somewhat Jason is getting paid? who is he kidding he aint worth as much as the top 5 DE in the league.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Good read. How dare you post a rival link on this forum. :jk: :chuckle:
Im sorry!!! The devil(Drew Rosnehausesrs) made me do it!
:lol:

KenInBoca said:
Yes this is a legitimate interview. We contacted both Drew Rosenhaus and the Miami Dolphins to verify before it was put up on the site.
Do you have proof that it's legit?

true5.0 said:
Wale is a dumbass. this guy only benifits because of Jason Taylor. if he went to another team he would be average . we need to trade this idiot. ill promise you any guy we have now can step in and play big because of Jason Taylor. this guy want ridiculous amount of money.dosent he want to get paid somewhat Jason is getting paid? who is he kidding he aint worth as much as the top 5 DE in the league.
i think your being a lil harsh. He doesnt ONLY benefit from JT, he does get alot of help from him, bt he does do alot of the work on his own as well. I think hed be above average on other teams. Id like to trade him too, but weve alrdy tried, we cant get anything worth it. Not just any guy could step in and play, but i do think our rotation would b not as good, but still adequete. I will agree wit u on the money part. Asking to b paid the same as JT is beyond rediculous. He should get big bucks, but not JT bucks.

Dolfan954 said:
Do you have proof that it's legit?

No I thought that the Dolphins would lie to me about a guy interviewing Ogun. :rolleyes2

If we believe his that good we should have signed him last year now maybe JT also benefits from Ogun its a team right.

As fans we feel he should be satisfied with the tender and negotiate then. As much as we hate it it is a business to them, they earn their money doing it. Yes it is more than we make, but why is it that is wrong? If you could get it would you go after it? If your co worker and equal was making double what you were, would not not seek compensation equal, everything else being equal, ie yrs of service, = performance evaluations, = tech abilities etc? He could in fact, as he has already had it effect him, he has already lost millions due to the knee injury, going from a poss 1st rd pick to undrafted free agent, should he risk losing his shot at the lucritive contract?

Look it will get done, it is a matter of finding a way to structure it to fit our cap, it will take time, but will get done.

KenInBoca said:
No I thought that the Dolphins would lie to me about a guy interviewing Ogun. :rolleyes2
I didn't mean it like that. After seeing how the interview reads, it's a reasonable question.

Back
Top Bottom