O-Gun Interview | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun Interview

Dolfan954 said:
I didn't mean it like that. After seeing how the interview reads, it's a reasonable question.

Spoke on the phone with both Drew Rosenhaus and a liason at the Dolphins HQ. Neither one discredited the article.

We check all interviews prior to publication. Of course, this doesn't say anything for the level of professionalism used during the interview by either party- we only verify that it was a legit interview. :)

true5.0 said:
Wale is a dumbass. this guy only benifits because of Jason Taylor. if he went to another team he would be average . we need to trade this idiot. ill promise you any guy we have now can step in and play big because of Jason Taylor. this guy want ridiculous amount of money.dosent he want to get paid somewhat Jason is getting paid? who is he kidding he aint worth as much as the top 5 DE in the league.

Worst post ever.

#1) JT didn't get doubled nearly as much as many fans seem to think. On the contrary, Wale faces the TE and RT far more often than JT. Even if he isn't being doubled, Wale has to adjust his rush to account for the TE. He loses about a half second because of this. And as Jason Cole noted, he's better at LE and JT, whereas JT is a better RE.

#2) "Anybody" can't just step in and play big. If that were true, Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell would have played well and wouldn't have been allowed to walk for nothing.

#3) You think Jason doesn't benefit from a solid DE opposite him??

2000 - Trace Armstrong had 16.5 sacks playing strictly 3rd downs. JT had 14.5 on the other side.
2001 - JT manages only 9 with Mixon and Bromell on the other side. Most of Bromell's sacks come at DT.
2002 - Wale steps in. JT gets 18.5 sacks. Wale logs 9.
2003 - Wale leads the AFC with 15 sacks. JT gets 13.

Simply put, they're both in the upper echelon at their position. They benefit from each other.

Muck said:
Worst post ever.

#1) JT didn't get doubled nearly as much as many fans seem to think. On the contrary, Wale faces the TE and RT far more often than JT. Even if he isn't being doubled, Wale has to adjust his rush to account for the TE. He loses about a half second because of this. And as Jason Cole noted, he's better at LE and JT, whereas JT is a better RE.

#2) "Anybody" can't just step in and play big. If that were true, Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell would have played well and wouldn't have been allowed to walk for nothing.

2000 - Trace Armstrong had 16.5 sacks playing strictly 3rd downs. JT had 14.5 on the other side.
2001 - JT manages only 9 with Mixon and Bromell on the other side. Most of Bromell's sacks come at DT.

Simply put, they're both in the upper echelon at their position. They benefit from each other.

Very good post Muck, very telling..In short Ogun a darn good DE, but I can't help but wonder "what if" as in if D. Bowens didn't get hurt that season, what would he have brought since he was the starting DE ahead of Ogun.

Muck said:
Worst post ever.

Good post, can't, nor would I want to argue with that. You're right on the money.

Muck said:
Worst post ever.

Phew! THANK YOU MUCK!
You saved me from submitting a response that would have been less than respectful.
;)

Dolfan954 said:
I didn't mean it like that. After seeing how the interview reads, it's a reasonable question.

just a point of reference.....The kid that did the interview, is the same kid who went around to at least three Dolphins fans sites that I know of, asking for money when his car broke down.

Same kid who duped Finheaven readers with false camp reports a couple of years back....

inFINSible said:
just a point of reference.....The kid that did the interview, is the same kid who went around to at least three Dolphins fans sites that I know of, asking for money when his car broke down.

Same kid who duped Finheaven readers with false camp reports a couple of years back....

Whoa....
This doesn't sound good.
:shakeno:

NLude33 said:
Two interesting quotes:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: In your mind, do you think the contract is going to get done before the start of training camp or even before the season? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answer: I think it will get done early in the season. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: Last question, while many fans are extremely pissed at you for not signing your tender to just get in camp and get the deal you want next year as an unrestricted free agent, what is one thing you would like to let fans know? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answer: Being pissed is a strong emotion. If you are a true fan, you would understand. It's business...This is not a game.......this is my job. To all the true fans, thank you for your support. Without you, the Pro Bowl and being selected MVP of the Miami Dolphins would not be possible.....Thank You Again. God Bless[/font]

It will get done early in the season??? :shakeno: What/When does he mean???

Also, his comment "It's business....This is not a game.....this is my job." That really ticks me off! :fire: You get paid to play a game buddy! I know there is a lot of time, and energy, and emotion in your "job", but any of us would trade your "job" for ours.

I would be the janitor of JRS/facilities to be involved with the organization.

Muck said:
Worst post ever.

while i am not happy about Wale sitting out, he certainly deserves good money. I think what should happen is that Surtain restructures like he said he would so that chambers gets his deal and a deal for Ogun is more friendlier to the cap this year and he gets a jump next year. Otherwise, i am willing to see what Otis Grigsby is about and if he is any good and if D bowens shows up without light bulb injury, then maybe consider if Ogun is still sitting out by game four that we trade him for a #1. He is no good to us showing up at week 10 IMO. I think at this point it is more important to sign Chambers to a nice deal. but even that could wait until midseason when we see what Boston can do for him.

inFINSible said:

Thanks for the info. I knew there was something to it. Nothing personal, KenInBoca.

inFINSible said:

I didn't want to bring that up, but it's true indeed. He did post false camp reports on this site. In addition, prior to that he's always had his own fan site as well... which seemingly also looked similar to FinHeaven or PhinZone. Go figure.

I just want to add, however, that I don't know whether or not the interview is true. However, judging by the history that I had with the writer... I simply didn't want to post the interview... as he did once approach me a few times.

That's just my .02 cents...

He also solicited questions on this site last year for interviews with two players, both of which were supposed to be published here. Once he got your questions, ran off with them and took the interviews elsewhere.

Once you burn a bridge.....a bridge the size of the Golden Gate....it's not easily repaired. In this case, it's out of the question.

Muck said:
He also solicited questions on this site last year for interviews with two players, both of which were supposed to be published here. Once he got your questions, ran off with them and took the interviews elsewhere.

Once you burn a bridge.....a bridge the size of the Golden Gate....it's not easily repaired. In this case, it's out of the question.
:lol: I forgot about that one...

NLude33 said:
Also, his comment "It's business....This is not a game.....this is my job." That really ticks me off! :fire: You get paid to play a game buddy! I know there is a lot of time, and energy, and emotion in your "job", but any of us would trade your "job" for ours.

Then go ahead and trade your job for his......oh wait, it doesn't exactly work like that, does it?? He has EARNED the right to play a game for his job and he also has the right to negotiate his next contract the way he sees fit.

If he chooses to sit any portion of the season, he will take a signifigant financial hit.....but that's his choice. In my eyes, he's doing the right thing....he needs to make sure that before he goes out and risks career ending injury, he gets the only guaranteed money that he may get in his career......a $10 million + signing bonus.

Back
Top Bottom