O-Gun is to high on him self | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun is to high on him self

MikeO said:
He would have got a huge contract. Something long-term to protect him and his family and his future. He would have been the 3rd best DE on the open market.

And you can't compare your job to that of one who is a professional athelete. Unless 70,000+ people are buying tickets or tuning in on TV to watch you an your co-workers do your job, there is no comparison.
BS there is no comparison. Take how many people have my degree (Human Factors Engineering), and take how many people there are who want to play in the NFL....and you'll see that population blows away my degree field. People tuning in and watching have zero to do with this. This has to do with Wale being paid according to how HE thinks he performs compared to others at his occupational position, and what his employer wants to pay him. People watching on TV have nothing to do with that and if it did you'd think his employer would be willing to match the offer to keep those people happy. You and others can try and make excuses all you want, but this is a job and there are other suited to fill his position. There's a market value and an employer with a budget and framework. You don't fit it or think you are beyond that, you'll get replaced.

so why does he state that he needs to play 6 games this year to get credit so that he can become a UFA? I dont get it....

YoMamma said:
so why does he state that he needs to play 6 games this year to get credit so that he can become a UFA? I dont get it....
BECAUSE THOSE ARE NFL RULES!! You must be "active" for at least 6 games, whether they decide to play you is their choice.

ok so the questions still remains....if we dont play him, and he needs 6 games to get credit to become a UFA then how can he become a UFA? Is it good enough for NFL that he just reports to team or does he actually have to get into a game....

YoMamma said:
ok so the questions still remains....if we dont play him, and he needs 6 games to get credit to become a UFA then how can he become a UFA? Is it good enough for NFL that he just reports to team or does he actually have to get into a game....

He just has to report for 6 games.

YoMamma said:
He just has to report for the final 6 games to get credit for them and he becomes a UFA. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

well i gotta say thats a pretty stupid rule...thats not fair to the organization for a player who is under contract to be able to do that, thats a pretty big loop hole....dont like that at all.....

YoMamma said:
well i gotta say thats a pretty stupid rule...thats not fair to the organization for a player who is under contract to be able to do that, thats a pretty big loop hole....dont like that at all.....
People keep getting this wrong, he's not under contract, otherwise they could fine him for missing practices. A restricted free agent is still a free agent, but the Dolphins still have his rights. However, they don't have him under contract.

I always find it funny when fans in any sport feel they can tell a man what his services are worth, Whether or not we want Wale in camp, not one of us is going to pay him a penny if he gets injured and released next year. He has to justify what giving up years off his life is worth. The dolphins have to decide whether they want to pay him that. The truth is Wale would have been gone in a week in the open market for his asking price to somebody. He feels he is worth the money and no one here would take less that what they feel they are worth whether you are a doctor or garbage-man.

The thing to remember is that NFL money is not gaurunteed, Alonzo Mourning collected every penny of his 120 million contract nursing his kidney while Oronde Gadsen got a pittance of his scheduled salary with his injury and so did O.J. The signing bonus is everything and as long as he plays hard we have no right to question his demands as long as they are in reason.

(And dont kid yourselves,they are in reason . A lot of ends have played across from JT and never lead the NFl in sacks, neither did the ends who played across from Reggie White or Micheal Strahan.)

YoMamma said:
Hes not under contract!

YoMamma said:
Team doesn't have to play him. But because the team tendered him, they must activate him for 6 games no matter what! Which would credit him for the season.

if hes not under contract how could he play 6 games this year to get credit to become a UFA.....something not right there...

YoMamma said:

Why do you think he is under contract???

YoMamma said:
if hes not under contract how could he play 6 games this year to get credit to become a UFA.....something not right there...
The Dolphins tendered him. He can sit out 10 games. Sign the tender (can't be taken back by Miami). Be active for 6 games (playing or not). Then become an UFA.

Wale is doing nothing wrong here in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom