O-gun... NOT important | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-gun... NOT important

O-Gun had two good seasons...

Question...How does this defense...this Core play at the end of the season???

I never once said that Thomas and others need to go...all I'm saying is that you think that we need to stick with this Core but they still have not shown my much when it counts the most...that's all I'm saying and yes...we do need to make some changes even on D.

Originally posted by philyphin
Does Greenwood have Tackle this year, I have never really seen him on the field or heard his name called by an announcer, so he's not making mistakes either, so if he's not making plays or mistakes, my question is "Is Greenwood even on the field?"

Greenwood has played well this year. He is only on the field around 50% of the time, but he hasn't screwed up or anything. He isn't even close to as good as the two linebackers playing next to him, but Greenwood has played a lot better this year than he did in the previous two.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
O-Gun had two good seasons...

Question...How does this defense...this Core play at the end of the season???

I never once said that Thomas and others need to go...all I'm saying is that you think that we need to stick with this Core but they still have not shown my much when it counts the most...that's all I'm saying and yes...we do need to make some changes even on D.
how did they play in the new england game? that was the most important game of the year, i think they showed up pretty damn well.

yes...they played well but they still could not come up with a big play for this team...all the money is on the defensive side of the ball...that's were we have most of our playmakers and they played well but not well enough to win...and yes...I do agree that we would probably be 3-13 if it was not for this D but for some damn reason...they can't put it together when it counts most.

I'm just saying that "some" changes on D maybe good for this team...that's all.

O-gun has been good for us, and I'd love to keep him, but I think we have greater needs.

Who would you rather have? O-gun or a stud LT like Orlando Pace? If Ogun is offered JT money, that would be around the asking price of Pace. and we'd get a future first rounder out of the deal too.

umm.. last i time i checked, the offense was is the one thats supposed to score points. so i guess youre saying we need a defense that is going to keep the other team from scoring, as well as scoring points themselves? unbelievable

He missed 3 more players. Chambers, Surtain and RW. Those are 3 more bright spots on this team that he forgot to get rid of.

I wish he was the fins GM. :D

Originally posted by 54OrangeCrush99
O-gun has been good for us, and I'd love to keep him, but I think we have greater needs.

Who would you rather have? O-gun or a stud LT like Orlando Pace? If Ogun is offered JT money, that would be around the asking price of Pace. and we'd get a future first rounder out of the deal too.

O-gun, regardless of his play this year may or may not be a consistent upper echelon DE. Point is though that right now his value is as high as it could ever be. Chances are someone will jump on him. We'll be able to let one of the other DE prospects step up, save money that can be put on the OL or WR and get some great picks in the draft.

Winning situation for the Phins!

As for JT or Zach.... they have to stay.
JT has shown he is the real deal. He is a complete player. He plays the run as well as the pass now and there aren't a ton of DE's you can say that about. Zach has weaknesses, he can get bullied by lineman, but he is still one of the best and he needs to stay.

yeah.. lets get rid of chambers too.. he doesnt jump high enough to catch fiedlers balls. also lets get rid of ricky, since he cant magically teleport through around the offensive line and into the endzone.

actually.. wanny probably has them.. you know how wanny and fiedler love their afternoon tea..

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
actually.. wanny probably has them.. you know how wanny and fiedler love their afternoon tea..

Agreed, Cheers to Fe Fe & Wanny
:chuckle: :clap: :roflmao:

Greenwood is a fast LB....Bowens is a damn anchor, you just don't move the guy out of his gap.....comparing Knight to Roy Williams is like comparing me to the Great 13.....Taylor is easily our best DL.....

So many things wrong with this thread.

we don't have the cap room to add a superstar(Pace has been floated) so we wont get a superstar.

Ogunleye is a very good player, but isn't vital t our success, and if certain "league insiders" are correct, everybody knows that O-Gun is just picking up on JT's scraps....not my opinion, but I have seen that statement floated around few times....

Julian Peterson is going to get a mega contract, how do we justify breaking the bank on an OLB when we have more pressing needs?

Sam Madison might not be the Sam of 3 years ago but I laugh at anybody who thinks we can get anybody half as good as Sam in FA....people don't know how good we have had it at CB for the last 5 or so years....people want to cut a guy for giving up 4 or 5 TDs a year, well guess what, 90% of the league would LOVE to give up that few TDs from one of their corners.....

This thread angered me, not all of it, there were some actual voices of reason.....

Sorry for the rant, sorry if anybody was offended, by I stand by what I have said....

If and I mean IF we cant get a number 1 from someone for Wally would you want to try and trade both #1s for a shot at Manning? While I would love to have a franchise QB we have so many other holes with a short time to plug them, it makes me nervous. At the same time it sounds quite exciting. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom