O-gun... NOT important | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-gun... NOT important

OGUN NOT IMPORTANT WHATEVER,HE HAS DONE ALOT IN THE LITTLE TIME HE HAS BEEN THERE. IF HE LEAVES WHAT ARE U JOGING TO DO REPLACE HIM WITH WARREN SAPP A DEFENSIVE TACKLE I MEAN COME ON GUYS IF U GET RID OF WANNY AND FEIDLER YOU CAN AFFFORD TO RENEW HIS CONTRACT CAUSE YOU WILL ALREADY HAVE A GOOD QUARTERBACK IN GRIESE.

We can't let DE A. Ogunleye get away. He's the best DE on this team right now. He's awesome. Where the hell would DE J. Taylor be without him????......

Pay him!!!

What's this fascination with JT anyways???... He's good, but he's been getting owned this year, even by a few back-up OT's.....

Personally, I've always thought JT was too light. He's fast, but he get's pushed around too much. I haven't even seen him get doubled all that often like many claim he has either. I do like his motor, and his desire to play hard, but he has been quite disappointing this season.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Guys...I not saying that this D needs a overhaul...all I said is that we need some changes on D...but the biggest change we need is the HC and QB...the other thing I said was that the untouchables on D were Surtain, Taylor, and O-gun...i did not mention anyone on the offense.

This core on D along with this O just does not know how to win big games...I don't know why....I'm hoping that by firing Wanny we'll be moving towards the right direction...that's all.

yeah and what's unbelievable is that this D cound not stop the Eagles all night long...this great core on D looked horrible in a game that was huge for the Fins.

would the #1 we'd get from ogun be for the 2004 draft? i thought it would be a year later. Im not sure on it either way

Originally posted by 54OrangeCrush99
would the #1 we'd get from ogun be for the 2004 draft? i thought it would be a year later. Im not sure on it either way
It would be for the following year. Although I am still thinking about it.

I was just using Orlando Pace as an example, but what other offensive linemen are out there next year? isnt Timmerman a FA too?

Originally posted by dreadlockera
If and I mean IF we cant get a number 1 from someone for Wally would you want to try and trade both #1s for a shot at Manning? While I would love to have a franchise QB we have so many other holes with a short time to plug them, it makes me nervous. At the same time it sounds quite exciting. Thoughts?

We need to be able to protect a QB, before we try and get a Franchise QB, we would just ruin him or at least get him hurt badly, especially a pure pocket passer like Eli. We need an Offensive line that can pass protect, that is our biggest weakness, it glares at us every week, no time in the pocket, you look at the good passing teams and they can protect their passer, he has time to look at more than one target, before he has to throw or run for his life. Not that the players are that bad that we have, but they are not cohesive, they are mixed bag of styles and do not compliment each other well.

I'd rather grasp at a QB like phillip rivers, who seems to be available in the 3rd-4th rounds on the mock drafts ive seen, than go after a so called "sure thing" in eli. Our oline should be the first priority, no matter what kind of offensive system the new coaching staff comes in.

The Bills will be signing this guy and giving up the draft pick for him.

PRAY!

O-GUN ROCKS!
We CANNOT let him go!
That is just crazy!
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Our oline should be the first priority, no matter what kind of offensive system the new coaching staff comes in. [/B]

I agree if the O-line can run block for Ricky and pass block for qb X
than we will have a shot of a average offense
The o-line comes first, a qb and the rest is window dressing.

Well we pretty much have two choices,

Keep ogun, and pay him at the very minimum 4mil a year, because i cant see him playing for anything less. This will keep our defensive line intact, and we'll have a player who could be productive for a long time.

OR

We fill a garing weakness, either at Oline, or a 2nd WR, to help a very inconsistant oline.

Right now, we have one of the top backs in the league, and a back that the Dolphins havent seen on their roster in a LONG time, do we keep packing on the talent on defense.

The more I think about this, the more it wants me to say "so long wanny and norv." Our offense is built surrounding ricky, by the playactiion and power running. Why this need wasn't addressed I have no clue.

O-gun has been good for us, and I'd love to keep him, but I think we have greater needs.

Who would you rather have? O-gun or a stud LT like Orlando Pace? If Ogun is offered JT money, that would be around the asking price of Pace. and we'd get a future first rounder out of the deal too.

The problem with that is, you'd be giving up AT LEAST a #1 for Pace. Probably two #1's. The Rams aren't just going to let him get away for nothing. They're going to franchise him again.

In regards to Greenwood, he's been doing a solid job.

And one reason I'd like to keep him is because he is NOT a superstar. People are starting to say, "Maybe we need to forgo the superstar route and focus on guys who simply get the job done....like New England".

Well, Morlon Greenwood is one of those guys!! He's not a star. And he's not expensive. He just gets the job done.

Back
Top Bottom