O-line And Run Defense Are A Big Problem. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-line And Run Defense Are A Big Problem.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Sitton and Kilgore were going to help our O-line be decent this year but Sitton lasted one game and Kilgore not even 4. That's the risk when you get older players that have been hurt. I liked we got Sitton but was holding my breath he wouldn't go down. Two weeks in a row now that we can't run the football at all which hurts the passing game too.

On defense we had ONE DE that can play the run (Hayes) and now he's gone. Once again, an older player that's been hurt before. Of course it doesn't help when your MLB is only getting 5 or 6 tackles a game.

Injuries are starting to pile up. The season's not over as we're 3-1 but this will only get harder. Unless we find a running game(hard to do with our O-line) and start tackling better it'll be hard.

One last thing. We had no pass rush today. Brady had all day to throw. Lots of work to do.

Good points as usual, Danny. BB consistently runs on our ends year after year. We should be thankful the rest of the league doesn’t too. Maybe Woodward can give a boost there.

Yup, heading into a long season. We were exposed and our coaching hasn't been great. NFL is a tough place. Hope we can correct and learn from our mistakes and we will need players to step up.

Not to mention none of our WRs can get open if its not a screen or a bomb. Need to upgrade WRs badly.

I was hoping Sitton and Kilgore were going to help our O-line be decent this year but Sitton lasted one game and Kilgore not even 4. That's the risk when you get older players that have been hurt. I liked we got Sitton but was holding my breath he wouldn't go down. Two weeks in a row now that we can't run the football at all which hurts the passing game too.

On defense we had ONE DE that can play the run (Hayes) and now he's gone. Once again, an older player that's been hurt before. Of course it doesn't help when your MLB is only getting 5 or 6 tackles a game.

Injuries are starting to pile up. The season's not over as we're 3-1 but this will only get harder. Unless we find a running game(hard to do with our O-line) and start tackling better it'll be hard.

One last thing. We had no pass rush today. Brady had all day to throw. Lots of work to do.

I'm curious how many times should the defense be out there after constant 3 and out by the offense?

How much should they be able to take?

Before you and others with your thought process acknowledge there is only so much they can do before getting worn down.

Oh I agree
I'm curious how many times should the defense be out there after constant 3 and out by the offense?

How much should they be able to take?

Before you and others with your thought process acknowledge there is only so much they can do before getting worn down.
the defense got a raw deal today. Part of that was our offense but part if the defense too. Really, they have not tackle well all season so far and like I said, they miss Hayes.

I'd like to see us use 2 out of our first 3 picks next year in interior olinemen. The tackles are ok but the guards and center need to be upgraded big time.

Danny, don’t you think RT having a horrible game had anything to do with it? Blaming the wide receivers for no separation is not 100% true. RT was absolutely horrible today. I expect him to bounce back and have a really good game against Cincy.

Danny, don’t you think RT having a horrible game had anything to do with it? Blaming the wide receivers for no separation is not 100% true. RT was absolutely horrible today. I expect him to bounce back and have a really good game against Cincy.
I didn't say anything about the WR's. I do feel we miss Parker not being out there if anything cause he's a big WR that draws attention. We also missed Derby today as we haven't been getting much from Gesicki but like I said, it starts up front and not gaining anything on our run game got us to 3rd and long all game long.

Cinci has a much better defense than New England and historically Tannehill has struggled against physical teams while on the road (at home to but to a lesser degree). So what makes you think he’ll bounce back and have a better game?

All I know is my preseason prediction of Gesiki is looking terrible, and I was Conservative in my guesstamation.

Once Sitton went down my preseason predictions for Drake also took a hit. The player I picked for break out year is now seeing his reps given to a 35 year old vet. How that makes any sense, is beyond me.

And I have been preaching the oline every year I've been here. Everything in football starts with your front. Run the ball, stop the run and you will win consistently.

Our LBs got punched in the mouth today. I predicted BB and his tendency to fall back on the run game when his team is struggling, and Miami this far hasn't really been tested consistently between the tackles, what surprised me was the success of OFF tackle rushes by NE.

Oh well, off to CINCI and see what the injury report says on Saturday. No Eifert so far, which is a welcome.

Sorry to say but we are looking at a 6-10 or 7-9 season folks. Unless mjor injuries occur to teams on our remaining schedule I dont see us finishing better. I hate that the Dolphins suck. Today validated that its the same ol Dolphins folks. OLine still stinks. We still cant stop the run and we cant even be competitive in a big divisional game against the team to beat. Its the same shiit different year. We were lucky to be 3-0 to begin with. The Raiders dominated us but we escaped with a win thanks to trickery. If that game was in Oakland we would have been spanked. Today Validated 3-0 was a fluke

Sorry to say but we are looking at a 6-10 or 7-9 season folks. Unless mjor injuries occur to teams on our remaining schedule I dont see us finishing better. I hate that the Dolphins suck. Today validated that its the same ol Dolphins folks. OLine still stinks. We still cant stop the run and we cant even be competitive in a big divisional game against the team to beat. Its the same shiit different year. We were lucky to be 3-0 to begin with. The Raiders dominated us but we escaped with a win thanks to trickery. If that game was in Oakland we would have been spanked. Today Validated 3-0 was a fluke

That game was a global failure.
Game plan stunk. Tannehill stunk.
OL stunk. Receivers stunk.
Punter stunk. RunD, pass rush, coverage, just a global failure

Back
Top Bottom