O-line And Run Defense Are A Big Problem. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-line And Run Defense Are A Big Problem.

That Charles Harris pick looks worse every week. That guy brings nothing to the table.

Scheme fit. Lousy picks and avoiding great players can always be rationalized by standing in front of a mirror and memorizing the phrase scheme fit.

We don't need anyone who might actually be able to disengage and improvise from all angles when we've got the spin-move scheme fit picking himself off the ground.

Derwin James vs. Minkah Fitzpatrick was the tough one. It will probably go back and forth toward who looks better. Fitzpatrick does look frail out there at times so the national attention will undoubtedly go to the more physically imposing player in James.

National perceptions were cemented after the Patriots drubbing.

Harris humiliated by a blocking tight-end on touchdown run, highlight shows love that type of stuff. He's shown nothing and will continue to show nothing.

30 years old Tannehill play was reprehensible, as long as he starts nobody believes in Miami.

We lost Suh in the summer, that's going to hurt any team's run D. The Oline was lauded after the first three games, now it's falling apart ?? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but with no depth and a QB that does very little to help himself, we are always going to come up against it. I have to keep reminding myself that we are still 3-1, season is far from over, we can still have a successful one, but this game really highlighted a lot of our issues that were masked in games 1 to 3. The biggest hope we have to have is that Gase is smart enough to see the problems and has a plan to rectify them.

It is a diverse bunch here.

It's pretty funny actually. We want a mentally tough team that doesn't crumble at the first taste of adversity. Yet as a fan-base(some fans) at the first taste of defeat in a tough environment for "any" NFL team to get a win, they're ready to revolt.

Lol, funny stuff!

Realistically the entire o line with the exception of Tunsil needs to be replaced. No way you extend James for big money. He doesn’t deserve it. The rest are JAGs or downright awful. Amazing we haven’t been able to find any ol talent in the later rounds like every other team seems to do.

Scheme fit. Lousy picks and avoiding great players can always be rationalized by standing in front of a mirror and memorizing the phrase scheme fit.

We don't need anyone who might actually be able to disengage and improvise from all angles when we've got the spin-move scheme fit picking himself off the ground.

Derwin James vs. Minkah Fitzpatrick was the tough one. It will probably go back and forth toward who looks better. Fitzpatrick does look frail out there at times so the national attention will undoubtedly go to the more physically imposing player in James.
At least Minkah seems like a good player in the making so far. I believe he will make plays. Some of the other picks have just been horrible.

I can not understand why they didn't bring Kendall Langford back. He was similar to Hayes. He can set the edge. I know he is better in a 34 but he would help. I think it is a huge mistake. He played well in the preseason.

No run game makes the entire team more one dimensional, same thing occured under Dan Marino and RT is not Dan so there you are. We just faced 2 desperate teams with the raiders. Both teams and ours came out with multiple injuries because of the intensity. We have holes but they are smaller.

What happened to the run game? Why has Drake seen his reps taken over by a 35 year old?

And I understand what happens when the run game disappears or is impotent. Do you understand why Miami finds itself in familiar territory?

The coaches tape has been watched and they are saying Ju'an James, Larsen, Charles Harris and Gesicki all stunk. Ju'an James got worked and looked loss at times on pass protection and run blocking. Jordan Philips didn't make anyones toes tingle either. Raekwon is a rookie and plays like one. A 7th round rookie. Gase was afraid to roll out Tannehill, call RPO's and waggles. No trick plays this week. Gesicki is missing blocking assignments constantly.

The coaches tape has been watched and they are saying Ju'an James, Larsen, Charles Harris and Gesicki all stunk. Ju'an James got worked and looked loss at times on pass protection and run blocking. Jordan Philips didn't make anyones toes tingle either. Raekwon is a rookie and plays like one. A 7th round rookie. Gase was afraid to roll out Tannehill, call RPO's and waggles. No trick plays this week. Gesicki is missing blocking assignments constantly.
I heard James got benched at half time, which means we had three back ups on the O line.

Back
Top Bottom