OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

If McDaniel is on board (which is obvious) then I’m pumped. I watched a lot of Ravens games last season. He’d have come closer to cracking 1k yards and more TDs with an actual passer playing QB.

I wanted more Hill/Wadde slot reps and this does just that.

I would be in favor of this move. Any big body wide receiver would help, really. He's clearly not the same player since before his injury with the Rams but if the coaching staff wants him, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Tyreek and Jalen were "ego" guys too and "divas" before they came here. This is another example of the front office selling the culture of the team to talented players.

OBJ on the outside with Waddle on the other side with Tyreek in the slot? Yes please.

I would be in favor of this move. Any big body wide receiver would help, really. He's clearly not the same player since before his injury with the Rams but if the coaching staff wants him, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Tyreek and Jalen were "ego" guys too and "divas" before they came here. This is another example of the front office selling the culture of the team to talented players.

OBJ on the outside with Waddle on the other side with Tyreek in the slot? Yes please.
How was Waddle a diva?

He's only 5'11.

If Tua has trouble handling the personality of Tyreek...lord help him with the Dolphins add Odell.

Surprised at so much hate for this visit. He would be coming to Miami as the #3 and he would be a heck of a 3rd WR to have. I would be all for this as long as they are not breaking the bank on like $10+ million.
He's definitely a price play. Older receivers have stepped down into possession receivers since the NFL began. If they accept what they have become and an appropriate salary, it can be a very good bet.
If we have a 3rd and 8 and our top two are covered, there are a whole lot of worse checkdown options than Odell.

It's ALL about the price because if he accepts low dollars and sees Waddle and Hill... he knows.

He's only 5'11.

If Tua has trouble handling the personality of Tyreek...lord help him with the Dolphins add Odell.

Well apparently he wants to play WITH Tua. Accuracy is pretty important to WRs.

If he comes here, it’s to have fun. Not because he cares about his stats.

It’s funny how many are calling him washed up when he’s coming off his highest YPC season in his career.

If the money is right, I’m ok with it.

The OBJ of 5 years ago, I could get excited about. The OBJ of today after multiple injuries, I’m not excited at all.

Maybe Hill can take him out fishing before sending him on his way.

We had Cedric Wilson at what $6 mill as our #3. The rest of the crew is back with EE, Berrios, Cracraft. Plus we added a sort of #3 with Smith. Don't really hate this provided it's not too costly.

He's definitely a price play. Older receivers have stepped down into possession receivers since the NFL began. If they accept what they have become and an appropriate salary, it can be a very good bet.
If we have a 3rd and 8 and our top two are covered, there are a whole lot of worse checkdown options than Odell.

It's ALL about the price because if he accepts low dollars and sees Waddle and Hill... he knows.
Nat Moore was a big play, deep guy in the 70’s and early 80’s. He got old and reinvented himself as a possession receiver once Marino became the starter. In fact, he caught another 250 balls or so over 4 years after posting just 9 or 10 catches in 1982. He was the chain moving 3rd WR behind Duper and Clayton from ‘83-‘86 and accepted the role w grace and dignity. OBJ could be that guy. But he’s got about 1/10th the character of Nat Moore so I won’t hold my breath. But if he could…it would be great.

Back
Top Bottom