OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

Nat Moore was a big play, deep guy in the 70’s and early 80’s. He got old and reinvented himself as a possession receiver once Marino became the starter. In fact, he caught another 250 balls or so over 4 years after posting just 9 or 10 catches in 1982. He was the chain moving 3rd WR behind Duper and Clayton from ‘83-‘86 and accepted the role w grace and dignity. OBJ could be that guy. But he’s got about 1/10th the character of Nat Moore so I won’t hold my breath. But if he could…it would be great.
Agree with every bit of that...

Surprised at so much hate for this visit. He would be coming to Miami as the #3 and he would be a heck of a 3rd WR to have. I would be all for this as long as they are not breaking the bank on like $10+ million.

All kidding aside, I agree. I dont see them going WR early if this materializes. I think Grier has someone in his sights at 21 and it isn't WR.

Player Esports GIF by Aequilibritas E-Sports

The issue with OBJ is he is much worse since the injuries. With isn't a huge issue since all we need is an average WR for #3. The issue is he still thinks he is a top WR despite the fact of injuries and time.

We cant have a number 3 WR demanding snaps and targets.

The issue with OBJ is he is much worse since the injuries. With isn't a huge issue since all we need is an average WR for #3. The issue is he still thinks he is a top WR despite the fact of injuries and time.

I didn’t follow him last year. Was he a headache for Baltimore or did he behave?

Not a fan
Rather these ressources be invested elsewhere

The thing is, the other positions of need really can’t be filled with bargain FAs.

You’re not improving your OL at this point any way but the draft.

Safety might be the only other position you can upgrade before the draft.

We had Cedric Wilson at what $6 mill as our #3. The rest of the crew is back with EE, Berrios, Cracraft. Plus we added a sort of #3 with Smith. Don't really hate this provided it's not too costly.
Much better than giving up draft picks, as has been speculated...Ayuk etc.

So you think, he thinks he’s better than Hill and Waddle at this point?

The issue isn’t that he’s much worse since his injuries, when in fact he had a very healthy YPR average last year, it’s really only the injuries.

No WR is visiting the Dolphins for anything other than a part time role. Not sure where you’re getting these perceptions from.

By all accounts he was a big positive in the Ravens locker room and they want him back. He prefers a more accurate QB.

Really not understanding the “OH NO, HE’S WASHED” takes. In his prime, he was a top 3 WR in the NFL. He’s 31. He just set his career high for yards per reception and ranked 32nd among all WRs in the league according to PFF.

He’s not great anymore, but he might be the best WR3 in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom